Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,213 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We have loads of decorations left over this year and we only copped today having gotten rid of the fireplace we have no mantelpiece or hearth where we put a load of bits... struggling to find spots for some of our bits and Bob's this year now...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

3YINc7U.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Cabra and Finglas in Dublin are two fantastic places to drive around and see the Christmas lights on houses. Great memories of doing that as a kid :)

Loughc wrote: »
    3YINc7U.jpg

My partner does that with me now. He'll come home from work or someplace and say he's after seeing a house with great decorations and then say "come on we'll take a spin and I'll show you!"

I love it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

DvB wrote: »
    We have loads of decorations left over this year and we only copped today having gotten rid of the fireplace we have no mantelpiece or hearth where we put a load of bits... struggling to find spots for some of our bits and Bob's this year now...

I had to give away half our decorations to parents for few years until toddler is older but we won't have any space to put them either, two windowsills are decorated but it still.dont feel like it's enough lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

3YINc7U.jpg

This is exactly why I'd like to keep up lights at the front of house but I'm stumped with our new house.. I loved it was some of best Christmas memories for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »

Misses decided that decorations for front room don’t work since we got new floors, painted and new furniture. Carrig donn got a hammering today!

In fairness place looks great, will put up a few pictures when tree done on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Got my Christmas live wallpaper on my phone, love seeing the calendar count down the days. Can't remember what I paid to unlock it all, no more than a euro or two I don't think, I've had it years. Very customisable and doesn't hit the battery life too hard.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dualboot.apps.christmas

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I've only skimmed last couple of pages of the thread.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,405 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Now I know a lot here probally makes there own but I was in Dunnes last night and a packet of Knorr bread sauce was €1.29 and in Tesco Today it was 79c.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Got my Christmas live wallpaper on my phone, love seeing the calendar count down the days. Can't remember what I paid to unlock it all, no more than a euro or two I don't think, I've had it years.
    Just downloaded it, love it already! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Got my Christmas live wallpaper on my phone, love seeing the calendar count down the days. Can't remember what I paid to unlock it all, no more than a euro or two I don't think, I've had it years. Very customisable and doesn't hit the battery life too hard.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dualboot.apps.christmas

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I've only skimmed last couple of pages of the thread.

I assume you can get it for proper phones as well!?! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »

I also want to know the answer to this too :P

TRS30 wrote: »

Why you little!
    *shakes fist*

Not sure if it's on apple, worth having a look if it is. Or do you mean Windows phone (rip). :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

Janey the forum is alive!!! We have visitors and I have exams so couldn't get on here much, I still have exams so am procrastinating.

Firstly we watched a load of Christmas movies, Home Alone, Die hard etc. And we got to see the toy show. Loved it with a few comments:
    Scripted wokeness, '...went to the same uni as my two mammies', we were in a room with my BIL who is one of two daddies, that got an eye role from him. Unscripted would be 'parents'. And the poor wee girl getting bullied almost/becomes the bullier. Otherwise a great show.

Did a mock Christmas dinner without the turkey, just ham and stuffing etc. Disaster, pork is hard to get so when the delivery arrived it was a rolled pork roast, not a ham. Just wasn't the same. The stuffing was amazing though.

Have quite a few family and friends tying us down for dates at home, love to be loved but we have very little chill time on our only two week holiday. I think people at home forget its our break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Morning elves. LadySkunk in the Forum Games forum sent me this song and I think it sums us up well:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Jude13 wrote: »
    Have quite a few family and friends tying us down for dates at home, love to be loved but we have very little chill time on our only two week holiday. I think people at home forget its our break.

This is why I always feel sorry for people who live abroad and come home for their "holidays". People forget they are actually on holiday. I'd say most of the time you go back more wrecked than when you finished work because you end up trying to fit in everything and everyone!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    This is why I always feel sorry for people who live abroad and come home for their "holidays". People forget they are actually on holiday. I'd say most of the time you go back more wrecked than when you finished work because you end up trying to fit in everything and everyone!

I only have a 2.5 hour journey home for Christmas but it's the AMOUNT of fitting in you do that kills you, everyone wants to meet and catchup and they never live near each other :pac:

We did a 5 day chill holiday after the last time we were home and it was our first non Ireland holiday in years. This Christmas though we land back at 8.30am so I will be late for work, go to the office straight from the plane with our next holiday, to Ireland again for peoples events, in April.

Anyway the toll for this is that they must have white pudding and loads of quality street.

Just filled out a massive tesco order for a pal of mine who does family parcels for families not as fortunate as the rest of us. I am brimming with Christmas cheer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Listening to Fairytale of New York on Today FM and feeling all Christmassy and cosy. (The cosiness comes from the heater under my desk and the blanket around my shoulders. Anyone else in a freezing office?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Jude13 wrote: »
    And we got to see the toy show. Loved it with a few comments:
    Scripted wokeness, '...went to the same uni as my two mammies', we were in a room with my BIL who is one of two daddies, that got an eye role from him. Unscripted would be 'parents'

Not necessarily. If she has a relationship with her Dad then it makes more sense for her to say "my mammies" to be clear.

Sorry I know that's off topic but I had to say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Lads these Christmas shoes are just unbelievable. They are so outrageous I'd never have the neck to wear them (or be able to justify the cost) but they are so pretty and Christmassy to look at!

https://www.irregularchoice.com/collections/christmas.html

miamee wrote: »
    Lads these Christmas shoes are just unbelievable. They are so outrageous I'd never have the neck to wear them (or be able to justify the cost) but they are so pretty and Christmassy to look at!

https://www.irregularchoice.com/collections/christmas.html

Oh wow, I would 100% wear the festive flash ones, except I don’t wear heels any more. The trick with some of the more out-there Irregular Choice shoes is to wear all black and let the shoes do all the talking. Black dress, black tights, in-your-face shoes.

Listening to Fairytale of New York on Today FM and feeling all Christmassy and cosy. (The cosiness comes from the heater under my desk and the blanket around my shoulders. Anyone else in a freezing office?)

I have the opposite problem Yesterday it got to 30 degrees. This morning at 8am it was 24.

I have the opposite problem Yesterday it got to 30 degrees. This morning at 8am it was 24.

Jesus, that’s oppressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,213 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I was on site yesterday & it was genuinely freezing cold in the breeze, but I'd prefer that to a stuffy office set at 30 degrees... thats awful (& not very christmassy :))
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We'll probably be in Argentina next Christmas to visit family... 42 degrees Christmas day last year. And many houses in Argentina do not have air conditioning as standard.

Not necessarily. If she has a relationship with her Dad then it makes more sense for her to say "my mammies" to be clear.

Sorry I know that's off topic but I had to say.

No need to apologise, we agree to disagree. I just felt that it was very scripted.

Its a toasty 32 here and 23 in the office

Just realised now I'm not a mod anymore, I can't change my profile picture to a Christmassy one without paying :(

Just realised now I'm not a mod anymore, I can't change my profile picture to a Christmassy one without paying :(

Could you not just ask as an auld favour for all the years of service?

• Advertisement

Could you not just ask as an auld favour for all the years of service?

:pac: Not to worry, i got the carriage clock from them anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement