Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

scott1974 wrote: »
    He didn't come through the Academy.. I think is what he means...

He did come through the academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,159 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

irishfan9 wrote: »
    He did come through the academy.
    Like a dose of salts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭scott1974

Buer wrote: »
    Zuh? He did.

Oh, then I'm not sure what he means..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I didn't envisage that team for tomorrow, thats's for sure. Pity we don't have Sexton to steer the ship, but Byrne will do a good job. Surprised JGP is starting, but he has been much better in the last few games, so hopefully he will be fine. Didn't expect to see Fardy left out, but he really must be knackered at this stage - that said, he'll be getting plenty of rest in the coming weeks.

I'm not at all optimistic about tomorrow, but not overly worried either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭scott1974

Buer wrote: »
    Zuh? He did.

Now that my embarrassment is complete... can I ask why he was playing in the AIL and not for Leinster "A" at least..

• Advertisement

Now that my embarrassment is complete... can I ask why he was playing in the AIL and not for Leinster "A" at least..

players play both AIL and Leinster A they are not mutually exclusive.

fixtures for the most part do not clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

vienne86 wrote: »
    I didn't envisage that team for tomorrow, thats's for sure. Pity we don't have Sexton to steer the ship, but Byrne will do a good job. Surprised JGP is starting, but he has been much better in the last few games, so hopefully he will be fine. Didn't expect to see Fardy left out, but he really must be knackered at this stage - that said, he'll be getting plenty of rest in the coming weeks.

I'm not at all optimistic about tomorrow, but not overly worried either.

You sure? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Sure the reason he moved to Clontarf was because Ross Byrne was playing 10 for UCD in the AIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

sydthebeat wrote: »
    the differences in experience in half backs will probably be the winning of the game in montys favour i think.
    Other than that, maybe they might be disinterested as they are already out... but thats not a disinterested selection.

I think a LBP here would be a great return

Leinster to win with room to spare. All season people have been trembling in advance of this clash, Montpellier look good on paper but have been fairly average in reality. Leinster on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Leinster to win with room to spare. All season people have been trembling in advance of this clash, Montpellier look good on paper but have been fairly average in reality. Leinster on the other hand...

I agree, I think they'll win reasonably comfortably.

• Advertisement

Exactly the team I wanted to see us put out.

Lot of faith in Byrne to show us that Leinster isn't just the Johnny Sexton show. Which is very important for us as he is not always available.

Great opportunities in the loose 5 too to nail flags to the mast and prove a point vs a monstrous team. All 5 loose forwards competing hard for supremacy in their respective positions. Jordi was not far off my MotM last week and will hopefully have big impact off the bench too.

Byrne to turn Nadolo around 3 times with his pinpoint crossfields for Larmour and Lowe to seize on.

JGP weakest link in the chain by a million miles, hope he proves me very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

^^^
    loose five?? What's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,836 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Agree, can't fathom why Luke McGrath doesn't start. He's in super form and hardly overworked.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Agree, can't fathom why Luke McGrath doesn't start. He's in super form and hardly overworked.

competition?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They have a lot more caps in their side than we do.

WE have a NINE CAPS LOCK

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    ^^^
    loose five?? What's that?
    Second rows and back rows.

Or have I made a boo boo?

'not the fatties' seemed rude

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Second rows and back rows.

Or have I made a boo boo?

Second rows are not really loose, though I think this discussion came up before.

I would definitely include them in the tight 5 too.

Which clearly doesn't make any sense.

Is it Friday yet? Can I go home and sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Loose five is absolutely a thing. Or back five

Mostly used by 2nd rows who are trying to perpetuate the myth that they are remotely as useful as the loose forwards.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Second rows are not really loose, though I think this discussion came up before.

You've obviously never met a drunk one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Not sure how he wouldn't be Leinster developed?

When I say 'Leinster developed' i am referring to the Leinster system (schools, clubs and academy) rather than just the academy itself. As Joey spent some of his youth in NZ I just wanted to clarify that.

Ah c'mon, they might be an odd bunch but Athy is still in Leinster!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

You've obviously never met a drunk one!

You can keep your weekend adventures to yourself.

How can someone locked into the middle of a scrum be deemed loose? Or what’s the measure of loose, I know this came up before but can’t remember the answer.

stephen_n wrote: »
    You can keep your weekend adventures to yourself.

How can someone locked into the middle of a scrum be deemed loose? Or what’s the measure of loose, I know this came up before but can’t remember the answer.

I don't think they're really that loose. It's just a phrase that some people use to describe the back five at times.

I suppose you could say they are loose relative to the front row, but I don't think anyone in that department has ever really had the inclination to consider this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Loose 5, pffft, madness. It's as bad as that time somebody referred to the backrow as "the row".

They are not loose as they cannot exit the scrum without going through somebody else, clowns to the front of them, jokers left and right, there they are, stuck in the middle together

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

We need a venn diagram showing the overlap of the 'tight five' and 'loose five'. Clearly second rows exist as some sort of schrodinger's forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,159 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

dub_skav wrote: »
    Loose 5, pffft, madness. It's as bad as that time somebody referred to the backrow as "the row".
    Isn't that the second row?

We could keep this going all day. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Isn't that the second row?

We could keep this going all day. :D

Surely the fatties are the most important row?

As long as everyone knows the fatties are the fatties I'm happy out

• Advertisement

Yes "the row" is the 2nd row. That's a very common term. Mostly a term of disgust. People do not like playing there, even those who say they do are lying to themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement