Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I thought they were calling it the iip these days.

Heard someone call it the Examiner Park.

Which is probably the most Cork thing I have ever witnessed.

"They might have taken the name, but by **** am I calling it by some foreign paper" :pac:

(not an actual quote but definitely the gist of the thought process)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭scott1974

There's are article on the 42 saying Henshaw could be back before the end if the season .
    That would be huge..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Saw this and thought some of ye might be interested as it was mentioned yesterday.

RDS redevelopment is on hold as they wait to hear on government funding application .

Planning permission and naming rights have been secured apparently. Best case scenario "the first phase"(whatever that is) is complete by the start of the 20/21 season. There's also some info on how they plan to go about the build.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

sounds like it will be a disaster.

scott1974 wrote: »
    There's are article on the 42 saying Henshaw could be back before the end if the season .
    That would be huge..

just in time for australia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

As much as I want to see Ruddock back in the team, I don't want to rush him back for him to reinjure himself. Feel it'll come down to who's fitter between him and SOB for the bench spot.

If SOB is fit enough for the bench I'd imagine he will start.

He only gets 1 to 2 games in between rehab these days so you can't exactly put him on the bench for one of them.

Also I don't think Lowe can play as I'd have a strong suspicion we will be hearing that awful line of "this game just came a week too early for Luke" meaning JGP will be in the 23.. .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Bazzo wrote: »
    Saw this and thought some of ye might be interested as it was mentioned yesterday.

RDS redevelopment is on hold as they wait to hear on government funding application .

Planning permission and naming rights have been secured apparently. Best case scenario "the first phase"(whatever that is) is complete by the start of the 20/21 season. There's also some info on how they plan to go about the build.

So those of us in the Angelsea (including us terrace dwellers I'm assuming) will be booted out to watch the games from the north or south stands? That's not exactly ideal. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

molloyjh wrote: »
    So those of us in the Angelsea (including us terrace dwellers I'm assuming) will be booted out to watch the games from the north or south stands? That's not exactly ideal. :mad:

No but I'll be looking forward to my shiny seat in the new stand when it's done.

I'd much rather brave the South Stand for a season because I'm pretty done with the Anglesea in it's current state.

No but I'll be looking forward to my shiny seat in the new stand when it's done.

I'd much rather brave the South Stand for a season because I'm pretty done with the Anglesea in it's current state.

As a lowly terrace STH I'm not really affected by the crappy-ness of the stand and won't really get any benefit from the new stand either other than improved toilets, so it's a big price to pay for little return for us. Especially as there's a group of around 20 of us. Getting seats together will be a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Wouldn't those biscuits of yours make shiny seats a bit of a slippery slope?

I'll get me coat. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

I know someone who was involved in the planned developments . a lot of the plans were reliant on Ireland getting the World cup and the RDS hosting world cup games. it was back to the drawing board after the failed bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The papers all seem to hint Billy Vunipola is losing his race to be fit

Bridge93 wrote: »
    The papers all seem to hint Billy Vunipola is losing his race to be fit

Until he isn't. I expect to see him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

irishfan9 wrote: »
    Until he isn't. I expect to see him.

Based on what information?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

He has barely played any rugby in the last 12 months, fit would be a very relative term.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

stephen_n wrote: »
    He has barely played any rugby in the last 12 months, fit would be a very relative term.

There was an interesting article on a NZ website about players struggling with their weight and health when they retire but it also mentioned current players when they're out with long injuries. It was specifically talking about the larger players. Joe Moody was one that was mentioned. Tameafuna was another. Patrick Tuipolotu has a playing weight of 130kg. When he was out injured for a year he went up 155kg.

One issue Billy Vunipola would have is his Polynesian genes. They have a natural tendency to gaining weight quickly. I imagine it could take him a while to get back to full fitness. Of course I have no idea what sort of training he has been doing.

If Billy V is back he may not be fit, but he will be fresh and will add to the Saraen's squad for the game in a big way.

That said, I don't care at all because I think Leinster are a better team playing better rugby and we'll beat them at home whether they have Billy V or not regardless of how fit he is.

England's pack was dominated by an almost entirely Leinster pack. Sure we lose Stander, Best and POM but we gain Fardy, and have the likes of Conan and potentially SOB to come into the back row along with Murphy who was terrific during the six nations.

I'm not certain we'll win, but I'd be utterly surprised if we lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

I'm not certain we'll win, but I'd be utterly surprised if we lose.

So it'll be a draw then?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If he was available, I'd have him in the team regardless of fitness, to be honest. They desperately need go forward ball. If he can give them 50 minutes then it's more than worth it.

They were aiming to have him back for the Leinster game but, according to McCall, that's looking uncertain currently. The surgeon has final call. I don't expect him to feature against Quins this week though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Buer wrote: »
    If he was available, I'd have him in the team regardless of fitness, to be honest. They desperately need go forward ball. If he can give them 50 minutes then it's more than worth it.

They were aiming to have him back for the Leinster game but, according to McCall, that's looking uncertain currently. The surgeon has final call. I don't expect him to feature against Quins this week though.

Well it’s a no brainer to play him if he’s injury free, but as shown against Ireland last year, he doesn’t exactly hit the ground running after injury lay off. Given what I was told about his attitude that night. He doesn’t strike me as the most diligent professional, who’d be striving to hit his markers. If he plays, I wouldn’t expect him to be back to his best, or even close.

Well it’s a no brainer to play him if he’s injury free, but as shown against Ireland last year, he doesn’t exactly hit the ground running after injury lay off. Given what I was told about his attitude that night. He doesn’t strike me as the most diligent professional, who’d be striving to hit his markers. If he plays, I wouldn’t expect him to be back to his best, or even close.
    Was it a broken arm that has him out? If so, realistically that shouldn't have kept him out of fitness work, even if that was curtailed to the last month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MDunne14

Is thongan John fit for sarries? Not as good as vunipola but Is a monster and will most definitely get over the gainline

• Subscribers Posts: 41,353 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

MDunne14 wrote: »
    Is thongan John fit for sarries? Not as good as vunipola but Is a monster and will most definitely get over the gainline

is that somebody called john who has a thong fetish ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

I think he means Sione Vailanu. He's the only Tongan backrower who plays for Sarries anyway. Vailanu was out for 4 weeks from what I can tell which means he should be fit? We'll see if he's named for the Quins game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Larment Larmour.

A real pity.

Larmour out for a few weeks with injury.

I fear he won't be the only one.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Larment Larmour.

A real pity.

Well that’s crap!

molloyjh wrote: »
    Well that’s crap!
    That's surprising. He seemed to be bouncing around like a bunny on happy juice after the match.

His memorable moment for me was shooting up very near the end of the game and absolutely hammering Owen Farrell (I think) way behind the gain line. It was a pity they were on advantage as it would have completely stopped their push for a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Well that's disappointing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement