Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

foodaholic wrote: »
    When did this happen ?
    I was just with them last week Station road

Closed station road yesterday. Open in new location Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Darc19 wrote: »
    Closed station road yesterday. Open in new location Monday.

Where going to tell their patients?🀣
    Nothing on their FB page
    No notice in their surgery last week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

foodaholic wrote: »
    Where going to tell their patients?🀣
    Nothing on their FB page
    No notice in their surgery last week

They told me about 2 months ago. I know several others who knew too but not exact date.

It's hardly miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

foodaholic wrote:
    Where going to tell their patients?🀣 Nothing on their FB page No notice in their surgery last week

They have been moving for the last few months. Was supposed to be at Halloween but was delayed. I was there the other day with my daughter and the doctor told me about this weekend. About time too as the parking there was atrocious!

Just like to thank everybody for their invaluable input throughout the year & hope everyone & their loved ones have a great Christmas.

Have a good one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Anywhere in Newbridge selling Cadbury’s Retro Selection boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

No issue with the new location - just lack of communication

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anywhere in Newbridge selling Cadbury’s Retro Selection boxes?

Think I saw them in dunnes, next aisle to the bread. Have some seasonal stuff there

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sarac87

Darc19 wrote: »
    Bridge medical practice has moved to the Newbridge retail park.
    Above the pharmacy opposite Super Valu.

They will be taking on new patients too.

Rang them this morning they're not taking on new patients it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

Lost my wallet between spar and the top of pairc mhuire. If any one finds it can you drop me a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

garbeth wrote: »
    Lost my wallet between spar and the top of pairc mhuire. If any one finds it can you drop me a pm

It’s found. Was dropped off at my house. Thanks kind stranger whoever’s you are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Grafton Barber opened in Dunnes yesterday. Hidden away passed the chemist, only copped it as there were blue signs over the bollards at the entrance to Dunnes. Was handy with getting the shop done and would normally go to the Turkish barber in Naas, but this “shaved” a bit off my time this morning. Nice place, was €15 for a dry cut, but will normally be €19. Sure by the time I get over to Naas and pay for parking, it would be about the same. Offered tea, coffee or a bottle of beer so that was interesting. Will be going back, did a great job, place and the girls were really nice and always do the shop in Dunnes so handy out. Think there was a PlayStation hooked up to a tv behind me or else was a 360, just saw 2 black controllers. Got a hot towel at the end, first time I’ve had one. Really refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

matchthis wrote: »
    Grafton Barber opened in Dunnes yesterday. Hidden away passed the chemist, only copped it as there were blue signs over the bollards at the entrance to Dunnes. Was handy with getting the shop done and would normally go to the Turkish barber in Naas, but this “shaved” a bit off my time this morning. Nice place, was €15 for a dry cut, but will normally be €19. Sure by the time I get over to Naas and pay for parking, it would be about the same. Offered tea, coffee or a bottle of beer so that was interesting. Will be going back, did a great job, place and the girls were really nice and always do the shop in Dunnes so handy out. Think there was a PlayStation hooked up to a tv behind me or else was a 360, just saw 2 black controllers. Got a hot towel at the end, first time I’ve had one. Really refreshing

For all the barbers in Newbridge, there isn't actually many good ones I've found. Boston Barbers (whitewater) is usually fine but they've had some duds work there in the past but in fairness they are good now the last while. Then you've spoofers looking to run off appointments. No thanks.

Welcome addition if quality remains good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

GavMan wrote: »
    For all the barbers in Newbridge, there isn't actually many good ones I've found. Boston Barbers (whitewater) is usually fine but they've had some duds work there in the past but in fairness they are good now the last while. Then you've spoofers looking to run off appointments. No thanks.

Welcome addition if quality remains good

Roches barbers up in Roseberry Hill is good. Nice shop and staff, never too busy anytime I've gone, good haircuts and parking outside. Think it is €16 a cut but that seems to be the way most places are going now.

I've been going to fux barbers behind Jumbo Chinese since it opened a couple of years ago. Polish fella called Robert owns it and he's very good and very reasonable. He was on holidays in the summer there and I had to go to Boston in the whitewater. Cost me double for an inferior cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Cazale wrote: »
    I've been going to fux barbers behind Jumbo Chinese since it opened a couple of years ago. Polish fella called Robert owns it and he's very good and very reasonable. He was on holidays in the summer there and I had to go to Boston in the whitewater. Cost me double for an inferior cut.

Be grateful Folks, at least ye have hair. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

Hey Guys, could anyone recommend a company that deep cleans a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Roches barbers up in Roseberry Hill is good. Nice shop and staff, never too busy anytime I've gone, good haircuts and parking outside. Think it is €16 a cut but that seems to be the way most places are going now.

Mary is probably the best around.
    Roches has the ideal parking too

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

matchthis wrote: »

Brought my 2 boys in during the week, super service. Playstation while 1 waited and sweeties offered to the smallie in the buggy. We usually go to Boston in WW but we were very impressed with Grafton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Usually go to Kelly's in George's St. Handy early opening on Saturday to beat the queues.

On a separate note, why is it so hard to get on-street parking on a Sunday morning - even before the Whitewater opens at 11.00am. Drove down Cutlery Road around 10.30am and turned left then - not a space to be had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Usually go to Kelly's in George's St. Handy early opening on Saturday to beat the queues.

On a separate note, why is it so hard to get on-street parking on a Sunday morning - even before the Whitewater opens at 11.00am. Drove down Cutlery Road around 10.30am and turned left then - not a space to be had.

I’d imagine it’s people going for a pint Saturday night and leaving the car overnight, safe in the knowledge they won’t get a ticket on a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Slightly off the subject, but anyone notice a big increase in burglaries in the county lately?
    We were hit a couple days ago- lucky it was only the garage- but between the broken door, and the stolen garden equipment, we're looking at €3k loss. Hard to stomach when you're going out to work and these people can arrive in broad day light and help themselves to your stuff...

Massive new gym has opened in piercetown this weekend where energie fitness used to be. Imaginatively named 'The Gym'. They have one in monasterevin too. Great to see such a facility opening in Newbridge. Might have to sign up when my membership to Kilashee finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

aldi have lodged planning application for signage at the site in newbridge. looks like they could finally be starting there store.

application number is 2080

tommyboy26 wrote:
    aldi have lodged planning application for signage at the site in newbridge. looks like they could finally be starting there store.

It's on their recruitment website that the Newbridge store will open in August. It was previously slated for Nov 2019 but the application for signage etc looks like it's gonna happen.

Cazale wrote: »
    It's on their recruitment website that the Newbridge store will open in August. It was previously slated for Nov 2019 but the application for signage etc looks like it's gonna happen.

Where exactly is it going to be built? I was speaking with the guys who wash the cars. They seem to think that both Aldi & Iceland are moving in around the site they currently occupy.

Where exactly is it going to be built? I was speaking with the guys who wash the cars. They seem to think that both Aldi & Iceland are moving in around the site they currently occupy.

Right behind where DID Electric is and beside Caseys Londis on Edward Street.

http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=1831206&format=jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I heard Iceland was going in to donals. One of the women that use to work in donals is a friend of my mother.

Nosnon wrote: »
    I heard Iceland was going in to donals. One of the women that use to work in donals is a friend of my mother.

I have never crossed an Iceland door, the only one I have ever seen in Ireland is In an industrial estate off the Malahide Road near Clare Hall. But, would Donals be big enough to house an Iceland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Damien360

I have never crossed an Iceland door, the only one I have ever seen in Ireland is In an industrial estate off the Malahide Road near Clare Hall. But, would Donals be big enough to house an Iceland?

I would have thought Xtravision and especially Chartbusters site was considerably bigger. And parking !

Advertisement