Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭Damien360

pat1981 wrote: »
    Any news on whats happening with the sale of bru house, seems to be on the market a while, nice pub would be glad to see it reopened soon.

There is an awful lot of unsold sites in town. Arch bar, Bru house, chartbusters, xtravision, from the top of my head. Pub where Glennons funeral service is now, name of which escapes me. What kind of owner can afford to have no rental income from leases for so many years ? Where is the benefit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

pat1981 wrote:
    Any news on whats happening with the sale of bru house, seems to be on the market a while, nice pub would be glad to see it reopened soon.

Still listed as for sale. Myself and missus would have went there 3-4 times a month when it was open. Shame it never took off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I would be first knocking KCC, but give them credit: saw KCC workers out this morning cleaning the road both sides of the actual bridge. Just home & must say they did an excellent job.

I would be first knocking KCC, but give them credit: saw KCC workers out this morning cleaning the road both sides of the actual bridge. Just home & must say they did an excellent job.

They were cleaning the footpaths from Finlays all the way to Standhouse road cross roads this morning also. Leaf litter was blown on to the road but they had a small road/path sweeper to pick that up.

Damien360 wrote: »
    They were cleaning the footpaths from Finlays all the way to Standhouse road cross roads this morning also. Leaf litter was blown on to the road but they had a small road/path sweeper to pick that up.

Impressive, I must say.

• Advertisement

Looks like that field across from Sarsfields is going to be a building site soon.

Coming out from town, there is a new hoarding erected on the corner of Sexes & Station Roads.

https://www.ballymoregroup.com/residential

Just after the Nursing Home SB the 2 lanes become 1 & then that single carriageway moves to the outside lane. But just there, there is another lane to turn right. There is no warnings that this. Right turn is the only access for this lane.

Saw a car go overtake tonight & had to drive over the grass to get back onto the main road. Anyone not knowing this stretch of road could easily make the same mistake. And KCC ought to erect some warning, or close the right turn off altogether - besides the new Lidl roundabout is just down the road.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Heard something on KFM earlier about a car going towards Newbridge on the wrong side of the road. Jaysus. I've met a few of those cars over the years.

Planning permission granted to demolish the Nook and replace it with a two story shop and deli.

Bord Pleanala has given permission for the demolition of O’Modhrain Hall and the building of apartments/retail units.

Maxol Ballymany have started work on the extension and drive thru they were granted earlier in the year.

The Ballymany Shopping Centre has been given a facelift. The central grill, color trend and spar have all been upgraded recently and elegant lighting has moved from the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I only noticed yesterday that mcloughlins had moved the bike shop up to the garage.

i also noticed that there appears to be planning permission in for the old chartbusters shop to change it to a restaurant. i really hope it gets approved. that part of the town needs a few new business

• Advertisement

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    I only noticed yesterday that mcloughlins had moved the bike shop up to the garage.

i also noticed that there appears to be planning permission in for the old chartbusters shop to change it to a restaurant. i really hope it gets approved. that part of the town needs a few new business

Restaurant or another takeaway ? Auctioneers, charity shops, bookies and takeaways seem to be order of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Damien360 wrote: »
    Restaurant or another takeaway ? Auctioneers, charity shops, bookies and takeaways seem to be order of the day.

A phone repair shop maybe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

I'd certainly hope chartbusters is changed into a restaurant (not a takeaway) and a nice one at that!! Its badly needed in the town.

The planning application for chartbusters is below. They own Jones bar, Enzos pizza and pasta and Mode tapas in Clane.

Applicant Name:
    Amfar Holdings Limited,

Development Description:
    a)Change of use of existing retail unit to Restaurant with take away/ home delivery's use. b)Modifications to internal layout. c)New external signage to shop front. d) & all ancillary works

Cazale wrote: »
    The planning application for chartbusters is below. They own Jones bar, Enzos pizza and pasta and Mode tapas in Clane.

Applicant Name:
    Amfar Holdings Limited,

Development Description:
    a)Change of use of existing retail unit to Restaurant with take away/ home delivery's use. b)Modifications to internal layout. c)New external signage to shop front. d) & all ancillary works

I wouldn't say no to the tapas but a pizza takeaway restaurant i'd have no interest in.

Is the chartbusters the same place where xtravision was?

Is the chartbusters the same place where xtravision was?

No, across the road, between brophy farrels and abra/chick king

No, across the road, between brophy farrels and abra/chick king

Ah right. Was before my time.

Ah right. Was before my time.

You didnt miss much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

silverview wrote: »
    I'd certainly hope chartbusters is changed into a restaurant (not a takeaway) and a nice one at that!! Its badly needed in the town.

Never understood why there are no decent restaurants in Newbridge. There used to be the Italian on the back street (not sure if that is still open or not) were there any others?

• Advertisement

NSAman wrote: »
    Never understood why there are no decent restaurants in Newbridge. There used to be the Italian on the back street (not sure if that is still open or not) were there any others?

Ponte Nuovo on George Street is a lovely restaurant. I agree don't understand why there aren't more nice restaurants in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Fujiyama beside the whitewater is amazing so Newbridge has that good restaurant at least.

rejkin wrote: »
    Fujiyama beside the whitewater is amazing so Newbridge has that good restaurant at least.

x2, a hidden gem, unbelievable food in there.

rejkin wrote: »

Spot on i've been in there a few times, very good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

silverview wrote: »
    Ponte Nuovo on George Street is a lovely restaurant. I agree don't understand why there aren't more nice restaurants in the town.

Think The Hanged Man and Harte’s are better than any restaurant in Newbridge

Think The Hanged Man and Harte’s are better than any restaurant in Newbridge

Also The Brown Bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Also The Brown Bear.

Yes, good call - was great the one time I was there. Has been out of mind because I never drive through Twomilehouse nowadays. Must go again,

Just like to thank everybody for their invaluable input throughout the year & hope everyone & their loved ones have a great Christmas.

Ho ho ho ^__^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Bridge medical practice has moved to the Newbridge retail park.
    Above the pharmacy opposite Super Valu.

They will be taking on new patients too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Darc19 wrote: »
    Bridge medical practice has moved to the Newbridge retail park.
    Above the pharmacy opposite Super Valu.

They will be taking on new patients too.

When did this happen ?
    I was just with them last week Station road

Advertisement