Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incredibles 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Saw this again last night. Was hoping a second viewing would change my mind but it hasn't. Pretty disappointed. I adored the first one. One of my favorite movies. But this wasn't a patch on it.

The story lacked imagination and felt a little forced. Nowhere near as charming or funny as the last one.

I think Pixar is losing its touch. They haven't made a good sequel since Toy Story 3 and that was nearly nine years ago. Since then we've had two Cars sequels, Monsters University, and Finding Dory all of which were poor to middling. We've come a long way from the studio that could do no wrong.

I'm worried Toy Story 4 won't have a strong story behind it and it's just another cash grab. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I thought it was meh. As has been said, the central point of the man now being the househusband is a bit dated. Would have been a funny one-liner but not 50% of the central premise of the movie.

I did enjoy the raccoon fight and thought it was surprisingly violent. Just wasn't expecting the punches. Not complaining. Just something I noticed.

I don't know if it was me but one thing that stuck out for me was the character design of the new characters, and especially the non-supers. They seemed quite distinct and Quite different from the main characters (Especially the Parrs). I understand that time has moved on and they have better options/more experience witch character design and the originals cannot change too much (Apart from giving Violet some serious bags under her eyes). But they were actually offputting a bit. Especially at the start.

Also, don't know if it was a conscious decision or not but I thought it interesting that
    Helen did NOT kill Evelyn. Syndrome was (apparently) killed no problem in the first one but the only death here was caused by the bad guys

Also, while it was obvious who the bad guy was going to be from the start they could have made it a little less obvious. I mean
    Evelyn Deavor..... Say it out loud: Evil Endeavor
    .... Really?

So, yeah, Not my favourite but certainly not my least favourite Pixar. Just very middle-of-the-road..... Just a nice money getter....... And don't get me started on Toy Story 4. I'm usually not one to pre-judge but TS was the perfect trilogy. The ONLY reason for Toy Story 4 is money. There is no possible reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Syndrome wasn't killed by the good guys in the first movie

True but lot's of the henchmen died by their hands.

I mean Dash killed about a dozen of them the little maniac. :P

Kirby wrote: »
    True but lot's of the henchmen died by their hands.

I mean Dash killed about a dozen of them the little maniac. :P

I think it's more that they killed themselves trying to catch him.

I don't recall any scenes with Mr Incredible tearing limbs off, Elastigirl strangling people...

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    I think it's more that they killed themselves trying to catch him.

I don't recall any scenes with Mr Incredible tearing limbs off, Elastigirl strangling people...

Well you are getting into semantics there tbh. It's like saying "I didn't kill you, the bullet from my gun killed you."

Syndrome was killed in the first movie. Mr Incredible threw a car at him, it hit him and he fell into the jet turbine. It would be churlish to say the jet killed him when he only fell in because of the thrown car.

They're kids movies. The heroes don't kill people. Bad guys are their own victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

Second movie was basically the first movie with a less evil villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Saw it last night - loved it.
    Cant believe its been 14 years since the first one!!! It'll always hold a special place in my heart (time and place) so finally decided to watch this last night. Story was a bit simplistic and villain not as good...loved the guy at the start though, the under miner!!! .... but its the Incredibles!!!! They're back!!! *cue superhero music*

Advertisement