Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Men’s Day

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭iptba

It's not really victimhood to expect equality...

I would agree with you if you had suggested that following in the steps of modern feminism was idiotic, or behaving red pill... but to expect equal treatment doesn't seem a terrible thing to request.
    https://twitter.com/ShivamChatak/status/932320803072360448

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Prune Tracy

"Google Homepage on Women's Day vs Google Homepage on #InternationalMensDay
    says everything about Gender Equality" - does it really though? A lack of Google doodle?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

says everything about Gender Equality" - does it really though? A lack of Google doodle?

Arguably, it does, IMO. It seems like a snub, right? The contributions that uniquely or almost exclusively made by men taken for granted, trivialised, dismissed or are themselves a sign of inequality once again and if we point this fact out, it's 'fragile manhood' or some other absurd nonsense to further diminish the point. Can't win for losing.

The real international mens day may well be March 14th in many men's eyes - a little gratitude is not necessary but it is appreciated!

I'm grateful to the men that do the crappy work that keeps the lights on that allow me to handle my crap. Nice one, lads. Keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Prune Tracy

Yeah I certainly don't want to dismiss issues men face but I don't know if the Google doodle is one of those things, however I guess it's a symbolic way of summing up the situation for men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Considering they fired an engineer for writing a perfectly valid and balanced memo backed up by copious amounts of scientific research daring to suggest that on average men and women have different interests and diversity of opinion was just as important as race and gender diversity, it's not surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

And for men, physical and mental health awareness needs to be highlighted - men on average are much slower to go to the doctor than women, and as a result die from treatable conditions like prostate cancer and high blood pressure than they need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I want the freedom to have a urinal in the home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

iptba wrote: »
    A free screening service for male cancers would be nice in an ideal world.

you mean this isnt already there???? wow, didnt know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

iptba wrote: »

it says more, the reason google don't do this for men's day is that it doesn't have any official recognition, women's day was set up by the UN. Men's day was just started by some academic, it has all the official importance of Steak and Blowjob day

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

silverharp wrote: »
    it says more, the reason google don't do this for men's day is that it doesn't have any official recognition, women's day was set up by the UN. Men's day was just started by some academic, it has all the official importance of Steak and Blowjob day

I'd kill to see the Doodle for that one!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement