Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communal Shower Etiquette

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Local Leisure Centre, its a mixed shower, in view of the pool.

:eek:

Granted, its more to shower before entering the water, and a quick rinse/wash off the chlorine afterwards. There its dont look at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

mariaalice wrote: »
    Reminds me of a man I know, he went to school in the uk an ordinary school and after sports they were made shower which were communal and the PE teacher use to stand outside shouting at those who were reluctant, get in do you think your special or different than anyone else.

Sounds like my school in The UK!

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

While in the shower, you have to make an effort to see anything. In the changing room though, you have to make an effort not to see anything.

I know all men have dick/balls but i don't want to see them. If you like being nude for extended periods of time in the presence of other men, there are other places to go, more suited to your tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

I've read divided opinions about whether to wee or not but what about doing a little pooh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

Ah sure in communal showers tisnt the lads around you you need to worry about. It's the entrepreneurial janitor who has set up hidden cameras all around and is selling the stream on the dark web.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭ablelocks

huh. I got to page 3 thinking this was about unisex showers - so then I re-read it and while (some of) the responses make a bit more sense, it was a much more interesting thread when i thought it was about unisex showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,208 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

greenspurs wrote: »
    I have used showers after sports for years, and always wanted to know the "etiquette" involved ?
    Doesn't everyone take a look at others while showering? Male or female ...
    Just noticed a lad looking while showering after a run last night,
    It can be weird if the look is too long I suppose !

And , people that don't bring gel/shampoo with them !! :eek::rolleyes:

Yeah, people can be overly weird about these things. When I was in college they tried to ban me from the sports centre because others had complained that I had glanced at them in the showers.

In fairness, it was through a hole I drilled through the walls of the ladies changing room...but still

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Is it just me or does it seem in every locker changing room there is always a really confident older guy in his 50s/60s and he boll%x naked not a bother on him, and he actually staring at lads or anyone who is muscular and good looking?! WHats weird is, the lads he stares at don't usually, for all their bravado, say anything, they are usually uneasy and just keep the head down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Don't bring Al Porter with you.

Advertisement