Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communal Shower Etiquette

Options
  • 17-11-2017 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭

I have used showers after sports for years, and always wanted to know the "etiquette" involved ?
    Doesn't everyone take a look at others while showering? Male or female ...
    Just noticed a lad looking while showering after a run last night,
    It can be weird if the look is too long I suppose !

And , people that don't bring gel/shampoo with them !! :eek::rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Never look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Rhyme wrote: »
    Never get caught looking.

Fyp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

greenspurs wrote: »
    I have used showers after sports for years, and always wanted to know the "etiquette" involved ?

No? I certainly don't! :pac:

Well yeah, I can sort of see the point there in that some people have explained it to me as those kinds of products dry out their skin and so on, but in the gym I go to now shampoo and shower gel is provided, so I don't have to bring my own. It kinda helps too because the chlorine in the pool is like acid! :(

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,910 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Can't say I've ever had a communal shower, but I'd imagine "eyes front" would be a given. Scoping out someone else's junk would not be welcome. Oh and it goes without saying, but don't pee in the shower either.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

greenspurs wrote: »
    Just noticed a lad looking while showering after a run last night,
    It can be weird if the look is too long I suppose !

wut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Reminds me of a man I know, he went to school in the uk an ordinary school and after sports they were made shower which were communal and the PE teacher use to stand outside shouting at those who were reluctant, get in do you think your special or different than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Staring - eh, that would be a no. But you can't help but look ffs!

Some people get awful weird about changing / showering. I just don't care who sees my mickey!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

ff_oldmen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Make sure to always use the hair driers on your pubes. People will think you're cool, plus you'll have a bushy afro down below.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Never noticed any glancing tbh. Unless I have an erection. You get a few looks then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Always face the shower!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Always stare at the genitals. Make it really uncomfortable. Thats how you gain their respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I presume the old waffle stomp is frowned upon?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I presume the old waffle stomp is frowned upon?

Pinch and toss is acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

I get looks all the time, usually envious looks. Just something I have to deal with on a day to day basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

You should do your best not to urinate in the shower but if it's something you are very used to doing, it may not be possible to withhold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Best thing to do is to whip everyone with a wet towel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I'm a grower-not-a-shower... the communal shower is not my happy place.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Montiii

Always, always pee in the shower. Your going to be standing in it anyway, it might as well be your own

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Dont get a boner...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Staring - eh, that would be a no. But you can't help but look ffs!

Some people get awful weird about changing / showering.I just don't care who sees my mickey!

Well hello there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ok, Mixed reactions ... :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 18,532 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

mariaalice wrote: »
    Reminds me of a man I know, he went to school in the uk an ordinary school and after sports they were made shower which were communal and the PE teacher use to stand outside shouting at those who were reluctant, get in do you think your special or different than anyone else.

Meh.
    We had communal showers here in Ireland after PE, the teacher would come and stand in the doorway to the showers and watch us “in case there was any messing around”, it really freaked me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Make sure to always use the hair driers on your pubes. People will think you're cool, plus you'll have a bushy afro down below.

I used to go to a gym where a bloke used to stand bollock naked in front of the mirrors and dry himself with the hairdryer. He had a langer like an elephants trunk in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Communal showers after P.E. in school were the worst. The water was never warm enough and the showers themselves were filthy. Then the changing room itself was dirty and cold all over too. You'd be freezing your bum off to 'wash' yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I never bring shampoo or shower gel. I just rinse off and do the proper shower at home. Definitely no looking either, that's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

shower? I hardly know'er

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I always to a helicopter in the communal shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Easy peasy, walk in, shower, walk out down.
    You'll always do the comparison so don't bother fighting it, unless the other fella is making you compare!!

There was a weird etiquette back when I was playing rugby, all the way up to U-16 lads would shower in their jocks and then u-18 grade you'd let it all hang out. Probably to safeguard late developers I guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Another important piece of etiquette is that when a fella leaves down his bottle of shampoo and has his eyes closed rinsing, it is important that you slowly empty his entire shampoo bottle onto his head so he has a never ending head of shampoo. That one never gets old.

Pissing on some ones leg is never acceptable though. Even though it looks vaguely amusing when the fella doesn't realise the warm stream is not crystal clear water, you are risking a deserved broken nose.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement