Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice dolphins, string quartets and a €13k party...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

You are cordially invited to my "Taking the Piss" party.
    RSVP

????????

I actually couldn't believe it when I saw UCC as a sponsor on the Cork City FC jerseys. WTF like.

That I can get, it's tied in with sports scholarships, the Mardyke Arena, frankly it's the only advertising I can recall by UCC and I'd say they were delighted given the year the club had.

And I can completely get building up a property portfolio. I've been in enough tutorials and lectures in enough buildings scattered around the south side of Cork to appreciate it's a pretty large campus and it's hemmed in by a city.

Neither compare with ice dolphins.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

It does seem a bit rich, the 13k party, given recollections of a fair percentage of students scrimping and saving to make it through 3rd level and pay whatever are the euphemism for fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That I can get, it's tied in with sports scholarships, the Mardyke Arena, frankly it's the only advertising I can recall by UCC and I'd say they were delighted given the year the club had.

And I can completely get building up a property portfolio. I've been in enough tutorials and lectures in enough buildings scattered around the south side of Cork to appreciate it's a pretty large campus and it's hemmed in by a city.

Neither compare with ice dolphins.

True. And I'd have no problem with 13k being spent on a xmas party either. If it's for all the staff etc then it's ok spending a certain amount.

But a fcuking ice sculpture!
    And for a retirement party!
    at CIT!

It's taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I'm normally fairly sanguine about things like this but honestly 13k on an ice sculpture for a person's retirement. Someone needs to be sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Would one large front-on college prospectus cover of him riding the sculpted dolphin bollic naked with a magnum of champers in either hand represent value for money for the taxpayer?
    I would think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

This concerns me...
    The department’s secretary general Seán Ó Foglú, who appeared before the committee, was asked what he knew about the spending and urged to introduce mandatory guidelines for staff parties .

The attendees should arrange and pay for their own parties, and then they don't need guidelines at all. I've been to a few retirement functions for doctors and nurses. People contributed money, got them a present and went to a restaurant for an evening out. These people worked for longer in their posts, and did more good, than this gobshyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

did everyone get to lick the sculpture?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,279 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

We could have a full scale revolution and within 12 months the new elite would be exactly the same as the old.
    The problem in this country is that only gombeens rise to positions of power and the rest of us are too weary to do a damn thing about it.

Too weary?

The problem isn't the population being too weary, but that the population itself is a fertile breeding ground for these types of people. Don't fool yourself, the people in power are just reflections of the population at large, its chancers all the way down.

"Sure it'll be grand", "It'll do rightly", "Sure we'll chance her". Lazy unprofessional idiots aren't confined to cushy jobs and ice sculptures, they are endemic right throughout the country.

Have a revolution? The people don't want a revolution, it would just show themselves up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

????????

To play the music for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Not even a university! They should be made pay back that 13k with interest and if they refuse asset strip them.

I can't wait for someone to do an expose about UCD and the waste that goes on there, that will blow everybody out of the water not least of all Deeks in his ivory tower paid for by the Chinese.

I think a few shootings wouldn't go astray for some of these guys. It's been 100 years, surely we're due a nice few executions to reign in some of these top brass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Ostentatious bunch they're.
    Emperor's New clothes in action again.

I thought David Icke was off his chuck.

For year's he was warning us about being fucd over by the elite and their shenanigans in Hollywood....

Nobody believed him.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Ostentatious bunch they're.
    Emperor's New clothes in action again.

I thought David Icke was off his chuck.

For year's he was warning us about being fucd over by the elite and their shenanigans in Hollywood....

Nobody believed him.....

He's not the messiah, he's a very crazy boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If it was Trinity or something maybe I could understand but CIT? Seriously?

only joking...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Was it modelled on Fungi?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ipso wrote: »
    Was it modelled on Fungi?

I heard they ate Fungi for the main course :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Delighted to hear the €13,000 party with the ice sculpture has made the news.
    They have some neck to throw parties like this and at the same time reduce services to students.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I'm normally fairly sanguine about things like this but honestly 13k on an ice sculpture for a person's retirement. Someone needs to be sacked.

Erm the ice sculpture was not 13 grand , the whole party was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Not even a university!

Well, if called out on it CIT would say that its going to put that money into the fight for uni status to beat WIT, Carlow IT etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Not even a university! They should be made pay back that 13k with interest and if they refuse asset strip them.

I can't wait for someone to do an expose about UCD and the waste that goes on there, that will blow everybody out of the water not least of all Deeks in his ivory tower paid for by the Chinese.

I think a few shootings wouldn't go astray for some of these guys. It's been 100 years, surely we're due a nice few executions to reign in some of these top brass.

C'mere, asset strip them? Their greatest asset are (some of) the Lecturers.
    The poor fúckers sit in damp prefab offices so the biys can get their parties unhindered.

None of them are worth stripping though.

Advertisement