Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Men's Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I worked in a large open plan office (an outsourced call centre and backoffice admin company). Our floor had about 200 people. There was always a lot of shenanigans around any holiday or event.

IWD - celebrations, decorations, competitions and a praising email from the department head.

IMD - drumroll please... nothing except unofficial muttering and snide quips.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

If I were President, I'd ban days. Vote me.

If I were President, I'd ban days. Vote me.

If you ban Mondays I'll vote for you twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭storker

drake70 wrote: »
    It falls on November 19th.

Which is also World Toilet Day

https://www.vercalendario.info/en/event/days-unitednations-19-november-2017.html

Put them together and you've got Leaving The Seat Up Day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Candie wrote: »
    If you ban Mondays I'll vote for you twice.

Tuesdays are worse. But they're both days so they're in the bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Liam28

drake70 wrote: »
    It falls on November 19th.

Which is also World Toilet Day

https://www.vercalendario.info/en/event/days-unitednations-19-november-2017.html
    And World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victicms.

Perfect. A day for sh1t, male drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I'll start on the t-shirts!

Not sure what your implying :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

True but really, I don't feel like that's lacking.

The whole Movember movement has done great things in addressing the issue of men's health, both mental and physical.

I actually forgot about Movember!! Ive heard very little about it this year or have I been living in a bunker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

All these special days are pure rubbish gay day,womens day,mens day or any other **** you can think off pure muck. We dont need them.
    'Oh your gay are you well fair play to you now but your clothes on and stop marching around the streets you gimp'

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

I actually forgot about Movember!! Ive heard very little about it this year or have I been living in a bunker?

It's been "Living in a bunker day" every day since January 20th this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

o1s1n wrote: »
    Actually they got a meeting, it was filmed and released as 'Very Bad Things' back in 1998.

Brilliant film - Jaysus was that 19 years ago. I must have 1 foot in the grave!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Oh how I wish I'd made it up - but I work with an uber feminist.

Makes Una Mulally look like Chubby Brown she does.
    Well, thanks very much for putting that image in my head:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

c_man wrote: »
    My company is marking the day by literally castrating the male employees and then putting them in stockades for the 4 women we have working here, to throw rotten fruit at.

You think you have it bad.

In our company, all the men draw lots and the two "winners" have to fight in a wrestling Texas Death Match where one of the men is actually unmasked and killed in the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Well, thanks very much for putting that image in my head:(

Sorry!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I didn't notice last year but I was unemployed. I think most of these things are only noticeable if the company you work for does something. There's mails every day about it here. Still not as annoying as the ridiculous amount of spam i got about it in a previous job.
    I don't need to see daily photo's of a moustache growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I believe in equality but I’m afraid the lads are on a losing streak. What are your thoughts ?

We are. God be with the days you could go around and drape your lad over things to mark your territory. These days you're reduced to writing your name on sticky labels and trying to get them stay on the back of your stapler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Mens day 19th November is followed by Childrens day on the 20th ... I wonder will Google have a doodle for Mens day ??? like **** they will ...

Cocks out for International Men's Day ...?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rebranded to Louis CK Day......too soon??

Mens day 19th November is followed by Childrens day on the 20th ... I wonder will Google have a doodle for Mens day ??? like **** they will ...

I googled it and it's because it's not an internationally recognised day. Womens day is recognised by the UN but mens day was created by some college professor. And google try to only do doodles for big days. However I did find a google doodle for mens day in 2008.

In my googling I did come across a weird fact. Apparently the day of the year that sees the most searches for "International mens day" is in march, on international womens day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Prune Tracy

Grayson wrote: »
    I googled it and it's because it's not an internationally recognised day. Womens day is recognised by the UN but mens day was created by some college professor. And google try to only do doodles for big days. However I did find a google doodle for mens day in 2008.

In my googling I did come across a weird fact. Apparently the day of the year that sees the most searches for "International mens day" is in march, on international womens day
    That's one of the main occurrences. All of these whingebags asking "when is international men's day, huh?" "19th of November" - a constant ream of it. I'd be surprised if there was as much moaning about international men's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yep. With little faces drawn on them in highlighter colours.

That's one of the main occurrences. All of these whingebags asking "when is international men's day, huh?" "19th of November" - a constant ream of it. I'd be surprised if there was as much moaning about international men's day.

There's probably a thread on it in AH from the 19th march :)

Odhinn wrote: »
    Yep. With little faces drawn on them in highlighter colours.

Who you callin' little?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Who you callin' little?

:pac:

Maybe he meant a little face on a big canvas ???

#peacemaker

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

International Men's Day..

No_Maam_Al_Bundy_StandardT_Front-Back_White_large.jpg?v=1455807038

latest?cb=20140824082010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I contacted Google and they told me that this will be the Google Doodle for International Men's Day 2017:

433665.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

RayM wrote: »
    I contacted Google and they told me that this will be the Google Doodle for International Men's Day 2017:

433665.png

at least they didnt cock it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

at least they didnt cock it up

Google is a very professional company. They don't dick around with these things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Some one should get the sack for that.

Advertisement