Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How fcuked would we be if the Chinese stopped sending us stuff

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Once I can still get a spice bag it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Electrical machinery is the number one export, machinery including computers is second. Neither are pointless trinkets or crap.

Even that is a lot of crappy stuff opened up a couple of outside led floodlights and none of them were earth bonded
    Got a toaster from China and got a power lead with it what was a two pin flat plug with no earth and the other side was a earthed connection to fit in the metal toaster
    Friend of me bought a hot plate 1500 watts ce kema keur and vde marked and wanted it to use in his workshop
    After a couple of weeks it stopped working and he asked me to look at it
    I opened it up and the thermostat (flimsy bi metals with plastic stuff in between) was completely melted away wiring inside was thinner than the wiring of a phone line
    Chinese electrical goods never want to buy that crappy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,187 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Even that is a lot of crappy stuff opened up a couple of outside led floodlights and none of them were earth bonded
    Got a toaster from China and got a power lead with it what was a two pin flat plug with no earth and the other side was a earthed connection to fit in the metal toaster
    Friend of me bought a hot plate 1500 watts ce kema keur and vde marked and wanted it to use in his workshop
    After a couple of weeks it stopped working and he asked me to look at it
    I opened it up and the thermostat (flimsy bi metals with plastic stuff in between) was completely melted away wiring inside was thinner than the wiring of a phone line
    Chinese electrical goods never want to buy that crappy stuff

Hey check out my earlier post above about electrical safety.

I would not touch a Chinese own brand electrical device because they will not have signed up to any proper quality control.
    At least with non chinese manufacturer building in China you have some hope they are adhering to some kind of quality assurance and proper testing.

BTW do you have any LG or Samsung Kit ?
    Do you own any power tools from Makita, Bosch, Black and Decker >
    Do you have any Stanley tools ?
    Very good chance that they are totally built in China or some of the components are sourced in China.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Here's a simple rule - it uses mains electricity, buy it in the EU.

Either Bricks and Mortar or distance selling from a reputable EU company.

Dealz do USB chargers for €1.50, full EU certified.

If you are buying something for throwaway money, it's throwaway.

Also given how often Argos and Tesco do very cheap toasters and kettles there's no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,238 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Chicken curried balls I say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

worded wrote: »
    Wall tapestries from china anyone ?

https://m.rosegal.com/tapestry/shop/

I was going to but the reviews are awful.

Advertisement