Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is something everyone knows about life but no one wants admit?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

People are attracted to others of the same skin colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

BillyBobBS wrote: »

Ehh what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

RayM wrote: »
    Nobody in Ireland (apart from Protestants, the privately educated and some people from Limerick) likes or understands rugby. They just pretend to because the Irish rugby team is successful right now and the football team isn't.

That's some quality trolling right there. I just had to talk myself out of an angry tirade!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I guess that often in this life, one had to spend time with people you really would rather not; Certain relations, work colleagues, housemates etc and have a smile painted on your face the whole time in an effort to 'get along'.

Then again, I'm sure we all know this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'm attracted to women who are the same colour as me. I'm also attracted to women who are a different colour to me.

So technically at least, you are correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm attracted to phasty?

Don't think so mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm attracted to phasty?

Don't think so mate.

Phasty??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Martina1991

BillyBobBS wrote:

Not quite.
    I'm Irish and I find dark Greek/Turkish/Egyptian men attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I like the Irish blue skin, where it's so pale you can see the veins underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Not quite.
    I'm Irish and I find dark Greek/Turkish/Egyptian men attractive.

Sure those Greeks invented gayness:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭valoren

Time does not heal all wounds. When the people we truly love die, you never get over the grief at their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Ipso wrote: »
    I like the Irish blue skin, where it's so pale you can see the veins underneath.

Pale redheads - take me now, lord!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Nobody in Ireland (apart from Protestants, the privately educated and some people from Limerick) likes or understands rugby. They just pretend to because the Irish rugby team is successful right now and the football team isn't.

What about Welsh people who have moved here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ipso wrote: »

Eww no way.

Looks like a decomposing corpse.

Utterly vomit inducing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭nigel_wilson

valoren wrote: »
    Time does not heal all wounds. When the people we truly love die, you never get over the grief at their loss.

I disagree...this is true if you look at it from the point of view that life is amazing, good, and joyous.

Realizing that life is mostly unfair, cruel, harsh, and full of misery for a lot not just now but in human history has never made me feel grief for the death of my aunt who died of cancer, cousin who died by suicide, and aging mother who's about to die. My personal opinion...

I've never understood this; if we generally agree that life is ****, why would we bad when someone passes away? Sure we'll miss then, but they would be in a better place IMO.

Hamlet: "To die to sleep, to sleep perchance to dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Cancer is essentially a good thing. Without it, overpopulation would be even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Cancer is essentially a good thing. Without it, overpopulation would be even worse.

You can tell that to a family member when you are looking them in the face as they are dying.
    Nothing good about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Martina1991

On this topic I would say that many people living with and being diagnosed with cancer are the elderly.

We all have to die from something. 60 years ago people were dying from preventable diseases like TB and meningitis.

As we get older our chances of getting cancer increases. My grandmother passed away from cancer. She was 85. A good age some people say but a cancer statistic none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There's definitely a lot of bandwagoners, it's great craic supporting a team who are world beaters. But there is also fúckloads of people who go out and support their provinces for every game. The people who spend a decent amount of cash flying all over europe and all the people who go to the sportsground in Galway in the pissing rain week in week out are probably genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

mariaalice wrote: »
    What about Welsh people who have moved here.

They're still Welsh, unfortunately for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

People need something to complain about. It doesn't even matter what it is they're complaining about as long as they have a good old whinge. There's no other explanation for people worrying about what some idiot on Twitter says. No one really gives a shite about Katie Hopkins and it really isn't newsworthy that a thug that beats people up for a living called another thug a faggot. No one really gives a shit about any of this. They seek out things or people to be angry about. It's like the modern equivalent of public executions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

Fox Hound wrote: »
    everybody lies

Everybody hurts.......sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

blade1 wrote: »
    You can tell that to a family member when you are looking them in the face as they are dying.

I meant good in the sense that it kills around 8 million a year globally, say 80 million a decade, it's a lot of strain taken from an already overpopulated planet.

(just an opinion and not meant to offend- if it helps, the BRCA gene is in my family!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

blade1 wrote: »

Couldn't you say that about all types of death?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

All of the issues that humans have can be traced back to an emotional cause. But as we live in an emotional dark age, we overlook this every time.

Every single person has their own reality where they are correct and justified and we do what we can to survive. But make no mistake, we are all emotionally traumatised one way or another and we create our lives from our beliefs and perceptions of ourselves.

Those perceptions are created by the behaviour modelled by our caregivers growing up. We do not have a sense of self when we are little so we form our sense of self from how our caregivers reacted to our needs.

If they treated us as a nuisance, that's how we'll feel as adults. And we'll create painful lives for ourselves because we have been taught that our needs are wrong and not okay. That leads to painful decisions and therefore painful lives.

We are terribly unkind to each other and overlook emotional needs and well being all the time. The more trauma/emotional invalidation you've experienced the more you'll act out and be considered an asshole by society for your actions. And rather than be helped, you'll be scorned. Making you more of an 'asshole'.

We are all truly trying our best with the cards we have been dealt. Really. And deep, deep down - all any of us are looking for is to be loved for who we are. No exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Prune Tracy

Wurly wrote: »
    All of the issues that humans have can be traced back to an emotional cause. But as we live in an emotional dark age, we overlook this every time.

Every single person has their own reality where they are correct and justified and we do what we can to survive. But make no mistake, we are all emotionally traumatised one way or another and we create our lives from our beliefs and perceptions of ourselves.

Those perceptions are created by the behaviour modelled by our caregivers growing up. We do not have a sense of self when we are little so we form our sense of self from how our caregivers reacted to our needs.

If they treated us as a nuisance, that's how we'll feel as adults. And we'll create painful lives for ourselves because we have been taught that our needs are wrong and not okay. That leads to painful decisions and therefore painful lives.

We are terribly unkind to each other and overlook emotional needs and well being all the time. The more trauma/emotional invalidation you've experienced the more you'll act out and be considered an asshole by society for your actions. And rather than be helped, you'll be scorned. Making you more of an 'asshole'.

We are all truly trying our best with the cards we have been dealt. Really.
    Isn't that just your perspective shaped by your experiences though rather than applicable to people in general?

"We are all emotionally traumatised one way or another" and "We are terrible unkind to each other" - we are?

I agree that what you say does apply to numerous people but what about those who had a positive start in life and who were not told they were a nuisance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

There isn't "Someone for everyone".

Isn't that just your perspective shaped by your experiences though rather than applicable to people in general?

"We are all emotionally traumatised one way or another" and "We are terrible unkind to each other" - we are?

To say we are all emotionally traumatised one way or another I don't believe. No individual is without their struggles but some carry pain in a damaging way and others don't. One person's trauma is another person's growth.

Possibly. It could be argued though that this is your personal perspective of my perspective, if you get me... A rabbit hole of sorts. :)

As I say though, we all have our own individual perspective which lives in our collective one. So I can only speak from mine and you from yours. ;)

I think so, yeah.

We agree with a punishment style society, by and large. Which infers that some people are good and some people are bad.
    I don't believe so. Actions are good and actions are bad. People? Just experiencing varying degrees of pain. Pain is what 's behind behaviours that are deemed bad.

When do we ever get educated on how to have successful relationships? Human behaviour? Emotional intelligence and well being? Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this information sparse in the mainstream? It's no wonder that we all don't know how to overcome the many symptoms that pain shows up as in our lives.

It's all tit for tat. Bad things for bad people. With F all effort to understand and therefore eradicate. We disagree with helping people cos no one helped us. Just a cycle of pain again.

So yeah, I believe that we treat each other like ****.

• Advertisement

To say we are all emotionally traumatised one way or another I don't believe. No individual is without their struggles but some carry pain in a damaging way and others don't. One person's trauma is another person's growth.

I completely agree. But that's the point. Some know how to deal with trauma and others don't. I experienced many years of pain before I learned how to channel my pain into growth. But I didn't always know how to do this. Genuinely. It took many lost friends and painful relationships to learn. I was at all times doing my best though. From my own limited perspective. No matter how it looked to other people. And I believe this to be universal in humans.

Advertisement