Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn sent hom from European Tour.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,393 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Perception in wrestling is a lot.

Roddy Piper was and always will be my favorite wrestler to this day and what was crazy the day I met him and I was 3 inches taller than him and was broader on the shoulders and he looked small beside me.

He was a giant to me on tv but when I met him he was average sized man

To be honest I do miss big roided out meathead wrestlers like the Warlord & The Barbarian or the LOD or big barrel chested wrestlers that looked intimidating as **** and looked like they would genuinely kill you.

Compare that to The Ascension who are pretty much the same height but not roided up the the last and they really don't look intimidating at all.

I guess it is different if you are a kid looking at these guys they are giants but when you get older yourself they are just men some will have the aura some won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sirmanga wrote: »
    Yeah, I suppose Owens would have fit in during the Attitude Era.
    He could have been Mankind's mystery opponent in the Deadly Games tournament at Survivor Series 1998, instead of Dwayne Gill.

I give you an A for knowing your history.
    I give you a D+ if it's a joke.
    I give you an F if you're being serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Mankind was great because he was a character, and was engaging.
    Mick Foley as Mick Foley on the other hand; never got it.
    Foley is a touchy, egomaniacal slob who for decades has fooled people into thinking he is an aw shucks everyman.
    Owens is the same, but with one tenth of Foley's talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Foley is a touchy, egomaniacal slob who for decades has fooled people into thinking he is an aw shucks everyman.

You listed Ultimate Warrior as a favourite of yours. A sh*tty worker and a sh*tty person. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Omackeral wrote: »

You listed Ultimate Warrior as a favourite of yours. A sh*tty worker and a sh*tty person. Good luck.
    Where did I list him as a favourite of mine?
    I said he was a larger than life character. A star. Which he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wait, 3 New Day members = 1 Roman Reigns? And they're eligible for a shot at the Raw tag belts?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mod note: Guys if you don't like someone's opinion, don't engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Omackeral wrote: »
    Fair enough. It was just this bit that came off snide if it was only here you were referring to;

I don't see PW Boards users really being like that for the most part. Other parts of the net can be toxic in comparison

Yes, that's definitely true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Perception in wrestling is a lot.

Roddy Piper was and always will be my favorite wrestler to this day and what was crazy the day I met him and I was 3 inches taller than him and was broader on the shoulders and he looked small beside me.

He was a giant to me on tv but when I met him he was average sized man

To be honest I do miss big roided out meathead wrestlers like the Warlord & The Barbarian or the LOD or big barrel chested wrestlers that looked intimidating as **** and looked like they would genuinely kill you.

Compare that to The Ascension who are pretty much the same height but not roided up the the last and they really don't look intimidating at all.

I guess it is different if you are a kid looking at these guys they are giants but when you get older yourself they are just men some will have the aura some won't.

I think The Ascension is more just a case of the wrong wrestlers for a gimmick. Viktor is the skinny one right? Just doesn't carry the gimmick in way shape or form. Not intimidating in any way as say and both come across more as just demented and weird......and being demented and weird is cool, but you'd want to have the promo at least to back it up like Demolition and Goldust using just two examples.

There's still plenty of guys built like sh1t brick houses out there (roided or not).

The Ascension being completely terrible doesn't help them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Problem with Ascension is they were **** on the minute they hit the main roster, they were great in NXT

They were over because they were so good to the fans outside the building, but I don't remember an Ascension match above **1/2ish. I don't have the best memory anyway mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,393 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We are coming up Survivor Series and this years his the 20th anniversary of the screw job with Owens & Zayn being the WWE's two biggest Canadian Superstars at present you would have to think Vince isn't going to let that go with some sort of plan for the event.

Owens & Zayn screwed out of places at the PPV get revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Acension have a kick ass theme and look but there in ring stuff sucks on the main roster. It was suited too the small arena of NXT

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The Acension have a kick ass theme and look but there in ring stuff sucks on the main roster. It was suited too the small arena of NXT

Thats why they are now just Fashion Files actors who in case of emergency can be wheeled out to put a newer team over.

Advertisement