Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 12 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Only problem with Murray is he's 34 now, probably no chance of him playing 3 games a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

PVA wrote: »
    I've sold Cedric twice in two weeks, let's see if the f**ker returns again

Hegazi is dropping and Ward is rising, potentially tonight. I don't want to bring in Ward or Duffy until after the Irish games... regardless of any potential injuries, they will be working a lot harder than those players in friendliest this weekend

Not sure Ward is even the better choice over Mee tbh? The latter has more 3 X more shots, so more likely to score, although Ward is more likely to get an assist with 35 crosses to Mee's 0. Not worth an extra £0.3m/£0.4m imo

I've now double-Dyched (might be best not to google that) with Ward and Mee. They will concede every game from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Morzadec wrote: »
    Without seeing all your team it's hard to say (there may be other priorities),but yeah looks solid.

Richarlison imo is must have at that price and I think will prove very good value over the whole season. Choupo has been solid and I feel he has more in the tank but Richy definitely worth the extra money.

Gomez is superb value and looks nailed on. Still fancy City to keep more cleanys than many would expect, but can see why you would ditch to make the upgrade in midfield. Worth the downgrade in defence for the upgrade in midfield imo
    Thanks, full current squad is:
    DDG Elliot
    Stones Femenia Daniels Ward Hunemeir
    Hazard Sane Choupo Grob Choupo
    Kane Aguero Vardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Is there an expectation of some points hauls from Charlie Daniels? He's on pens isn't he? Has he got good underlying stats this season?

Considering whether to get Richardilson in midfield or Alonso at the back on my wild card - if I go the Richardilson route leaves me with enough funds to get Daniels just..

Another option is Liverpool defensive double up of Moreno and Gomez - lunacy or genius?!

Sorry but Liverpool defense double up = mental asylum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is there an expectation of some points hauls from Charlie Daniels? He's on pens isn't he? Has he got good underlying stats this season?

Considering whether to get Richardilson in midfield or Alonso at the back on my wild card - if I go the Richardilson route leaves me with enough funds to get Daniels just..

Another option is Liverpool defensive double up of Moreno and Gomez - lunacy or genius?!

Daniels not in pens but good value for this run
    Richarlson bang on form and well priced- Alonso the opposite
    Lunacy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

km79 wrote: »
    Daniels not in pens but good value for this run
    Richarlson bang on form and well priced- Alonso the opposite
    Lunacy

Ok think I’ll put the Liverpool double up idea on the backburner in case I get sectioned!

I am starting to lean towards Richarlison but 2 clean sheets in a row from Alonso and he is still getting forward as far as I can see - assisted Phil Jones’ disallowed OG on Sunday. With Chelsea’s amazing run of fixtures I think he could score big again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Green&Red wrote: »
    Smalling is a great price and guaranteed to start
    He isn’t though
    Green&Red wrote: »
    He's started every game hes been fit for this year
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    He's been on the bench for 6 of the 11 GW's. that's not the stat of someone whose guaranteed to play.
    Trust me . Chris smalling is not nailed on . They will not play 3 at the back in next 2 games. If Bailly and jones are fit they will be the centre backs
    Smalling is not nailed on

Not even Chris Smalling thinks Chris Smalling is a good option in FPL.:pac:

Transferred himself out in GW3 and has never looked back

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

bantee wrote: »
    Sorry but Liverpool defense double up = mental asylum
    Liverpool have only conceded one goal at home this season.

Liverpool have only conceded one goal at home this season.

So buy one of their defenders and play at home only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

So buy one of their defenders and play at home only
    That's my plan this GW. Moreno > Bavies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

That's my plan this GW. Moreno > Bavies

Yes but the point being made was to double up on a team where you can only realistically play either of them every second week would be suicidal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Already made 4 transfers this week. Most fun I've had all season tbh

Potentially another few coming after the Internationals are over...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Already made 4 transfers this week. Most fun I've had all season tbh

Potentially another few coming after the Internationals are over...

Almost afraid to ask.....

Is Aaron Mooy still part of your squad???? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Mo Salah hosts Southampton and is this week's most transferred in player.

Liv v Sou last four

Liv 0-0 Sou
    Liv 0-1 Sou
    Sou 1-0 Liv
    Sou 0-0 Liv

The curse looks likely to strike again

#FPL

As for some reason only know to myself I will still not be buying him and holding Alli I fecking hope so !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Liv v Sou last four

Liv 0-0 Sou
    Liv 0-1 Sou
    Sou 1-0 Liv
    Sou 0-0 Liv

#FPL

As for some reason only know to myself I will still not be buying him and holding Alli I fecking hope so !

Shiite a bad week to sell Cedric, obviously Southampton players lift their game against Pool in the hope that they will be signed by them in the next transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote:

Liv 0-0 Sou
    Liv 0-1 Sou
    Sou 1-0 Liv
    Sou 0-0 Liv

Liv v Sou last four

Some say curse, others say superior tactics and performances in those matches. :)

Not holding out much hope for next weekend though.
    Forster has been unreliable since last Feb and is getting found out more this season.

I probably have to play Cedric if I don't sell him. But not expecting any positive points.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Almost afraid to ask.....

Is Aaron Mooy still part of your squad???? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

NO

For the second time in successive weeks I have transferred him out, hopefully this time he stays dead.

NO

For the second time in successive weeks I have transferred him out, hopefully this time he stays dead.

I know this is very bad minded
    But
    I hope he scores next week
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pretty quite round here, so I'll throw this out

Vardy & Doucoure out for Abraham & Salah.

Or

Vardy & Doucoure out for Rooney & Pogba (will wait 1 week or two before pulling the trigger on this one).

Current team is:

DDG

Jones, Bavies, Mee (Naughton, Lascelles)

D Silva Sterling Richarlison Doucoure (RLC)

Kane Aguero Vardy.

Doucoure was a 1 week punt last week as I hoped Watford would do-over a terrible Everton team and there's no way I'm doubling up on a Watford midfield beyond this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

the first one, rooney and everton are terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Definitely the first one for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Option 1 and then you can easily do Sterling or Silva to Pogba down the line if you want. 3 city attackers is probably a bit overkill going forward anyway imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Got Dunk in for Mbemba, cheap defence and gets full 90 mins. Delph in next week for bench fodder if not injured.

Leaves me with
    Lossel/Elliot
    Mee Dunk Lowe /Yedlin Rosenoir
    Salah Silva Eirksun Milivojevic / woodburn
    Aguero Kane Morata

Have no immediate changes unless some one spots something.
    Zero in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Got Dunk in for Mbemba, cheap defence and gets full 90 mins. Delph in next week for bench fodder if not injured.

Leaves me with
    Lossel/Elliot
    Mee Dunk Lowe /Yedlin Rosenoir
    Salah Silva Eirksun Milivojevic / woodburn
    Aguero Kane Morata

Have no immediate changes unless some one spots something.
    Zero in the bank.

Delph is a midfield player - you don't need him and he takes up a valuable city position - stay well away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tempted to get De Gea back in. Have Jones but don't fancy missing out on clean sheets over Christmas when he's inevitably rested. Have enough to do Foster and Kolasinac to DDG and Daniels. Would mean keeping Vardy for another week to mull over the third striker issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Pondering Jesus to Lukaku....or banking.

Anyone else looking at Big Rom??

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Delph is a midfield player - you don't need him and he takes up a valuable city position - stay well away.

At 4.5 plays left wing back and not afraid of shooting, as bench fodder I cant see any better value.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Pondering Jesus to Lukaku....or banking.

Anyone else looking at Big Rom??

Yes
    This transfer and will captain him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

At 4.5 plays left wing back and not afraid of shooting, as bench fodder I cant see any better value.

TPT, Cork, Barry or even Romeu at 4.4 is better value imo.

• Advertisement

Yes
    This transfer and will captain him

@utdreport: #mufc vs Newcastle is likely to be too soon for Pogba's return. United don't want to take any unnecessary risks #mulive [james ducker]

Hhmmmmmmmm I assumed pogba would be back.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I agree I'd prefer my 4.5 mid to be on a team that scores loads than Southampton/Burnley, but if there's a chance you would have another Man City player instead, go for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Gomez is a far better option. Or just about any other starting 4.5 million defender actually.

Delph is playing well, but is a terrible FF selection. He can only get 1 clean sheet point, and then even if he gets an assist it's only worth 3 points to him.

A left back, who if he gets a clean sheet and an assist only scores you the same as regular defender's clean sheet, and takes up a Man City slot. You're hoping for goals from a left-back who has scored a handful of goals in about 150 premier league appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

elefant wrote:
    Delph is playing well, but is a terrible FF selection. He can only get 1 clean sheet point, and then even if he gets an assist it's only worth 3 points to him.

You're not comparing like with like. His competition are not other 4.5 defenders, it's the likes of Carroll and Loftus-Cheek. If you ignore the 3 player from 1 club rule he is decent value at 4.5 as he should get a couple of assists but I'd prefer Loftus-Cheek personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You're not comparing like with like. His competition are not other 4.5 defenders, it's the likes of Carroll and Loftus-Cheek. If you ignore the 3 player from 1 club rule he is decent value at 4.5 as he should get a couple of assists but I'd prefer Loftus-Cheek personally.

You're dead right, my bad. My explanation is topsy-turvy.

I still can't see any reason to choose a defender ahead of Carroll, RLC, Milivojevic, Cork etc though. An attacking defender without any of the benefits of an attacking defender.

elefant wrote: »
    You're dead right, my bad. My explanation is topsy-turvy.

I still can't see any reason to choose a defender ahead of Carroll, RLC, Milivojevic, Cork etc though. An attacking defender without any of the benefits of an attacking defender.

It is only bench fodder but it is also a differential if need be, he is also a wing back so will get forward and has potential for more points than cork and Carroll, I have Milivojevic.
    RLC is a consideration have plenty of time to think as its next game week transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Considering banking for possibly the first time this season!!

Elliot/Foster

Ward, Jones, Daniels, Gomez

Salah, Brady, Silva

Kane Morata Aguero

Subs: Mbemba, Ritchie, Obiang

0.4m in the bank

There a few minor changes I would like to make, but think they can wait until next week, when I have 2 FTs and more flexibility.

Considered getting a different keeper in, but this combo have good fixtures up to xmas after this week. Who would you put in goal?

mectavba wrote: »
    Considering banking for possibly the first time this season!!

Elliot/Foster

Ward, Jones, Daniels, Gomez

Salah, Brady, Silva

Kane Morata Aguero

Subs: Mbemba, Ritchie, Obiang

0.4m in the bank

There a few minor changes I would like to make, but think they can wait until next week, when I have 2 FTs and more flexibility.

Considered getting a different keeper in, but this combo have good fixtures up to xmas after this week. Who would you put in goal?

Speroni

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Hopefully (barring injuries) I'll be doing a simple boring transfer of Yoshida to Mee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

mectavba wrote: »

Courtois

• Advertisement

I had a post ready to type earlier ........if Shane Duffy can score tonight I’ll sign him no matter what ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I had a post ready to type earlier ........if Shane Duffy can score tonight I’ll sign him no matter what ........

Might have to do it tonight after that.

Sold Eriksen last week, no regrets. Don't want his dirty points after tonight :(

Will wait for news on Hazard and Kun. Wanted to bring in Ricarlison and see he rose again last night which is a balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

First hit of the season.

Daniels in for Mbemba, and Salah in for Coutinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have money ITB

Transferring out Tadic for Coutinho

Would you take out Alonso or Bavies for Mee?

Not happy with either but who do you think has the better potential over coming ganes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Chesty08 wrote:
    Have money ITB

Chesty08 wrote:
    Transferring out Tadic for Coutinho

Chesty08 wrote:
    Would you take out Alonso or Bavies for Mee?

Chesty08 wrote:
    Not happy with either but who do you think has the better potential over coming ganes

Alonso guaranteed starter anyway so I'd drop Bavies

Did Cedric to Daniels , thinking Hazard to Salah, leaving me 1.6m to transfer out Rosenior to a 5.6m defender and have 15 starters for the busy period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

patmac wrote: »
    Did Daniels to Cedric, thinking Hazard to Salah, leaving me 1.6m to transfer out Rosenior to a 5.6m defender and have 15 starters for the busy period.

you sold Daniels? And are selling Hazard? Two players I'm looking at getting in:D

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    you sold Daniels? And are selling Hazard? Two players I'm looking at getting in:D

Oops was Cedric to Daniels, kind of need Salah though or maybe to Vardy to Firmino to get the Liverpool cover.

Advertisement