Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What's the rest of your team out of interest?
    I'd love that midfield. Also have same front 3 and Silva Sane. But have Atsu and TPT.
    I've no idea how you have afforded Zaha/Richarlison too but kudos! :)

currently....

Ellliot Krul

Mee Jones, Kola, Memba, Moreno

Silva, Zaha, Ali, TPT, Salah

Abraham, Kane, Morata

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

dahat wrote: »
    Is a midfiled of Silva, Zaha, Richardilson, Salah good enough to justify a front 3 of Aguero, Morata & Kane?

I think Zaha suffers from a bit of hype tbh.

Zaha 6.8, averaging 4.3 ppg
    Ramsey 7.0, averaging 6.4 ppg
    Gross 5.8, averaging 5.7 ppg

Zaha has nice fixtures coming up but he plays for Crystal Palace.

Personally I think there's too much money tied up in that frontline. It looks good after this weekend but I would want Sane over Silva and room to get a Spurs mid in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I’ll wait till after the break, but the plan is:

Davies > Moreno
    Ritchie > Richarlison
    Silva > Mane

For a -4. That would leave me with:

Elliot, Krul
    Jones, Moreno, Alonso, Kolasinac, Mbemba
    Sterling, Mane, Carroll, Richarlison, Loftus-Cheek
    Aguero, Vardy, Kane

Probably bench Kolasinac with a view to getting rid the following week, and happy enough to play Vardy at home to City for his usual hat trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

elefant wrote: »
    Why Fabregas gone? Chelsea have great fixtures coming up, and they're a different animal with Kante in the side.

1. As Donkey said, his returns are very poor regardless of Kante.
    2. Much better options available for cheaper/similar price - Gross, Richardilson, Ramsey, Shaquri
    3. He takes up a spot of a higher price player that I can fit in - example Mahrez

I'm going for a top 8 of

Salah, Sane, Zaha/Shaquri, Mahrez, Cork
    Aguero, Firmino, Jesus/Kane

Like I said I currently have 4.1m in the bank so I can tweak the team a bit - don't have Kane atm, but his form at home is a big issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I moved on Kolasinac after his haul last week. I didn’t want him for the City game and having watched him closer I don’t see the appeal.
    dahat wrote: »
    For his price his returns are sparse tbh,it was either him or Davies to go as part of this -12.

Don't have him myself as I don't tend to spend that much on my defence and usually alternate between 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 but I certainly see the attraction, he is the 6th top scoring defender (two of those ahead are considerably more expensive) playing primarily as a wing back and you would think as its his first season in the league he will improve.

All that said Arsenal's fixtures are meh and they have lots of injuries at the back and a GK in decline.

If I had him getting rid would not be priority tbh, and if it was I would think my team is obviously in great shape!

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    1. As Donkey said, his returns are very poor regardless of Kante.
    2. Much better options available for cheaper/similar price - Gross, Richardilson, Ramsey, Shaquri
    3. He takes up a spot of a higher price player that I can fit in - example Mahrez

I'm going for a top 8 of

Salah, Sane, Zaha/Shaquri, Mahrez, Cork
    Aguero, Firmino, Jesus/Kane

Like I said I currently have 4.1m in the bank so I can tweak the team a bit - don't have Kane atm, but his form at home is a big issue.

Firmino has blanked 7 of the last 8 GW's - If you want to double up on pool it would be Salah and Mane for me. Shaquri will break your heart as well, trust me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

danganabu wrote: »
    Firmino has blanked 7 of the last 8 GW's - If you want to double up on pool it would be Salah and Mane for me. Shaquri will break your heart as well, trust me!!

he scored like 2 GW's ago - and had great chances in the west ham game. I'm going to keep him for a while see how he goes.

Shaquri may break hearts - but everything went through him at the weekend, so worth the punt for a few weeks I think.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    he scored like 2 GW's ago - and had great chances in the west ham game. I'm going to keep him for a while see how he goes.

Shaquri may break hearts - but everything went through him at the weekend, so worth the punt for a few weeks I think.

But that's my point, that was the outlier as opposed to the norm, hes not a natural centre forward and with Sturridge back in the mix I think there are far better options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

But that's my point, that was the outlier as opposed to the norm, hes not a natural centre forward and with Sturridge back in the mix I think there are far better options.

Firmino went off the boil after missing the penalty in the CL, but seems to be back to his best in the last few games.

He scored last week and would have had an assist if Salah could take a penalty, he would also have had an assist if Ox had finished with his first shot v West Ham and he probably should have scored himself just after tbh.

Sturridge isn't back in the mix. Bar rest/injury Sturridge won't start ahead of Firmino. Sturridge will also be injured by next week anyway!

Personally, I have Vardy and am thinking of either upgrading to Morata or down to bench fodder, but as a mid price striker, Firmino is probably as good an option as any at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

2 FT for next GW. See how internationals go.
    So far my plans are

Sterling to Mane(Pool 2 home fixtures/possible rotation for Sterling)
    Kane to Lukaku. Better game and swap the week after?

or
    Bring in United defender for their next two home games for Otimendi.

Have Salah and Augero also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had initially planned Yoshida to Jones but just realised I have the funds for Jesus to Lukaku :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

A few changes that I'm looking at post International break.

Bavies - Out (self explanatory)
    D.Silva - Out (hasn't returned anything in weeks now)
    Aguero - possible out (The rotation risk is not worth it)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

carnie wrote: »
    A few changes that I'm looking at post International break.

D.Silva - Out (hasn't returned anything in weeks now)

Apart from the assist on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

David Silva will get consistent returns, and so far has been a nailed starter. I've no inclination to sell him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Rikand wrote: »
    Apart from the assist on Sunday

Which he was about 8 miles offside for, I'll sell him for either Salah, Sane or Mane but won't be done till after the international break.

Although KDB impressed me yesterday, he is a far more attractive option than Hazard or Sanchez for his price so may bring him in.

siblers wrote: »
    Which he was about 8 miles offside for, I'll sell him for either Salah, Sane or Mane but won't be done till after the international break.

Although KDB impressed me yesterday, he is a far more attractive option than Hazard or Sanchez for his price so may bring him in.

For some reason KDB and Silva seemed to switch roles yesterday, as in KDB was more advanced, but I suspect this was specifically for Arsenal and they will revert to how they have been lining out previously for the next Gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭siblers

For some reason KDB and Silva seemed to switch roles yesterday, as in KDB was more advanced, but I suspect this was specifically for Arsenal and they will revert to how they have been lining out previously for the next Gameweek.

Yeah, that is the concern alright, if KDB was more adavanced like he was yesterday, I'd have him in my team in a shot but it's too much of a lottery for his price. I think if his role stays to a more advanced one over the next few weeks, then I'll get him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anybody else tempted to double up on United defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Going to hold off until all of the international games are done for transfers but will be taking at least another -4 hit after. Will probably end up costing me a few raises

First up on the chopping block is Bavies getting the boot for Moreno.

Pros
    - Saves me money
    - Liverpool have a favourable run of games
    - 6 of the next 10 are at home - Liverpool have conceded 1 goal at home this season

Cons
    - He's a Liverpool defender

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Green&Red wrote: »

Ya

I've had De Gea all season and I'm now doing Schindler to Jones before he goes up in price.

Feel good about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

He was so dangerous in that role yday
    Still probably too expensive all the same but letter value than when I had him as a 10ml defensive midfielder at start of season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pre internationals plan is to do Bavies Cresswell and Joselu out.

In would be Jones and maybe Duffy. Also Niasse or Murray. All for -4.

Post internationals reality may be completely different. Im waiting. Prices do as they wish.

km79 wrote: »
    He was so dangerous in that role yday
    Still probably too expensive all the same but letter value than when I had him as a 10ml defensive midfielder at start of season :(

I really think though that it was a specific tactic to target Xhaka who suffers from an unfortunate ailment for a professional footballer in that his feet don't actually work.

I would expect KDB to revert to a more defensive role again, but definitely worth monitoring as himself and Silva are the two that are nailed on, or as nailed on as you can be with Pep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Writing this down as I’ll forget in 2 weeks; thinking Stones & Choupo-M to Gomez & Richarlison. Seems solid ya? I’ve got .2 to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭COH

Cedric the perennial disappointment > Jones the eternally injured whenever I transfer him in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Yep, just bought Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

PVA wrote: »
    Yep, just bought Jones.

Getting more and more tempted to bring ddg back in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Smalling is a great price and guaranteed to start

Smalling is a great price and guaranteed to start

With Rojo back is he still guaranteed to start? I would think so but I think it was suggested elsewhere that Rojo may start FB at times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

Did Cedric to Daniels , have to get Liverpool cover so thinking Vardy to Firmino.

Advertisement