Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost of Tsushima

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Loads of nice little touches in this. Bowing at the signs giving you a different effect each time is pretty cool. Reaching down for the grass when riding through big fields of the white hidey plants. Bowing to slain enemies. The awesome foxes. My trusty Kage. Just really into this game, and find myself just walking/running around taking in the absolute beauty of the place. Defintely not a game to be played with any bit of brightness in the room though. I was completely lost one day trying to follow tracks but between the light/dark difference in the game and the actual light of real life, I couldn't see anything, but it's perfectly fine when the room is dark.

The Standoff I like, as said above, handy to fill up the Resolve bars, and for killing a few enemies. Have all the stances now, so I'm getting into full fights more often now, amazing the different the stances have on the different enemies, and I'm used to switching mid stance now, even if I still sometimes randomly jump instead of getting into the Stone stance. Just have to remember to hit square quickly afterwards to get the download slash, or a kick with triangle.

Into the second area/act now myself, and got the armor. Upgraded it immediately and loving the final look. Hope there's crap tonnes more armor to collect. On a side note, if you clear all the mongol controlled camps in the area, you reveal the full map of that area and all the ?'s still around. I'm also liking the stories, they're pretty good (not quite Witcher 3 good, but still good). Looking forward to finishing them all up. And I can't wait to play the proper PS5 version, I reckon it will look simply stunning, as the current version is amazing except when up close, but that'll be rectified in the 5 version I reckon.

Overall, very impressed with this game. My GOTY so far, but nothing else has come out this year that I've been interested in so not a hard one. Will be interesting to see how Cyberpunk and Valhalla match up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Is anyone else just spending ages changing amour constantly?

I upgraded the traveler one so it removes more fog on the map so I travel in that, see a group back in and change to amour rinse and repeat at nauseum. Its a bit annoying.

I don't know if I am actually gaining much ?

Yea I'm done with the game. It's just too bang average.
    Don't have the time to invest in 50 hours if I'm bored.

Sell sell sell time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Got properly stuck into this yesterday and now I am really enjoying it. The combat which at first was very simplistic is now really satisfying, to the point where I don't even use stealth. The world itself is extremely relaxing to explore, and the enemies are few and far between so you don't have to worry about stumbling into a fight every 5 mins like other OW games.

Also just realised that if you sneak up on an enemy leader and observe him you get XP towards your next stance, and if you kill him you get double. Don't recall the game telling me this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished Act 2 last night. Finding the main story a bit meh but the missions themselves are fun. Like the side stories though as they flesh out the characters really well even for minor ones like the sake brewer.

Got the
    ghost armor
    and upgraded it but I prefer the look of the un-upgraded version.

Act 2
    The uncle is annoying tbh. He gives out to Jin for disrespecting the way of the Samurai for using stealth/ the poison but sees no problem with using the mongol's firework launcher which is just as indiscriminate.

Anybody else feel that they might have intended for an infamous style decision system originally ? I thought they were going to make me choose the poison or full charge since Yuna/ Masako and the Uncle/ Archer were arguing for different sides.

• Advertisement

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Is anyone else just spending ages changing amour constantly?

I upgraded the traveler one so it removes more fog on the map so I travel in that, see a group back in and change to amour rinse and repeat at nauseum. Its a bit annoying.

I don't know if I am actually gaining much ?

I stopped using the traveler set once I realised that taking back Mongol held areas revealed a big chunk of the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I stopped using the traveler set once I realised that taking back Mongol held areas revealed a big chunk of the map.

Any specific way to tell Mongol held areas? I came across like a for that told me alright but i past it out, must do those as I come across them now as I have also been wearing Wanderer outfit and feeling a bit fragile.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any specific way to tell Mongol held areas? I came across like a for that told me alright but i past it out, must do those as I come across them now as I have also been wearing Wanderer outfit and feeling a bit fragile.

They'll appear as red diamonds on the map. You'll find them on your travels or be told about them by NPC's but if I recall you need to progress to the end of Act 1 for map to start showing them as red.

They'll appear as red diamonds on the map. You'll find them on your travels or be told about them by NPC's but if I recall you need to progress to the end of Act 1 for map to start showing them as red.

Thanks, I'm well early on ACT 1, not getting as much time as I'd like with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

When I am enjoying an open world game I tend to do everything possible before advancing the plot, considering things like this, maybe I should advance it a bit every now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

qb56dg4ejfc51.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Markitron wrote: »
    When I am enjoying an open world game I tend to do everything possible before advancing the plot, considering things like this, maybe I should advance it a bit every now and then.

Naa see for me that would burn me out on the story missions and the entire game much more quickly let’s call it what it is your basically doing the same thing in the story missions as the side missions just there’s more cutscenes and abit more interactivity but your still going into enemy territory and clearing em out

Do some side stuff get good upgrades for Jin to a good amount then tackle the story missions from there on out . There’s only so many time you can follow them foxes and birds before it becomes tiresome and work like anyways Once the games story is finished then do some side stuff if your not bored of the gameplay and world

That’s how I tackle them anyways lol

The games world is amazing though it’s definitely the best aspect of the game and it’s so generous with your time too you can do everything really fast in this game rockstar needs to take note of that for future games red dead 2 feels like such a slug compared to this I know red dead wanted the realism but imo that was just boring as **** and dull to play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1286632240949219331?s=19

Previous record for a new IP was Horizon Zero Dawn with 2.6M sold-through in 2 weeks

Some data (sold-through = sold to consumers)
    TLOU Part II : 4M in 3 days
    Spider-Man : 3.3M in 3 days
    God of War : 3.1M in 3 days
    Ghost of Tsushima : 2.4M in 3 days
    Uncharted 4 : 2.7M in 1 week
    Horizon Zero Dawn : 2.6M in 2 weeks
    inFamous SS : 1M in 9 days
    Bloodborne : 1M in 12 days
    Detroit Become Human : 1M in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Loving the game, but just playing it a little bit here and there.

I finished Act 1 but don't really feel like advancing to the north island until I've cleared the Mongol scum from this one!

Only four or five spots to liberate left.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got the game this morning. I'm enjoying it at the moment but we'll see if repetitiveness kicks in really quick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is the platinum reasonable to get? As in would it take weeks or months ?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is the platinum reasonable to get? As in would it take weeks or months ?

Ok in the sense that you don't have to find all the collectibles like artifacts and records which aren't shown on the map (you only need 20 of each so wear the traveler gear after you clear camps etc) but you pretty much have to clear the map and do all the missions.

I'm late into act 2 now and being honest it's starting to wear on me especially the side missions , too reliant on go here, go there follow these foot prints kill those bad guys. There are a couple that mix it up a bit but too few in my view. The combat is still fun but I find I'm not using half the stuff I've unlocked.

Haven't played much all week and playing it tonight, i just can't get into it. The initial wow factor has worn off and I'm still only on act one but I'm zoning out when anyone's taking, not bothering putting thought into how i approach missions, not getting much out of it tbh. Think i might trade/sell while i can still make good money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I am loving the game, but it's similar to an issue I had with MGSV, every main/side quest or part thereof starts and ends with the unskippable screen with a background and the name of the mission in Japanese and English. That's starting to wear on me, but other than that I'm still loving it. I am taking my time though, I'm only on act 2 and have only done the armor mission (and it's fricken awesome at Level 3), but I ventured back to the south and cleared that area first. Taking my time with this, and to be honest, I feel like waiting for the proper PS5 version as it will be visually better.

While i'm still very much enjoying this I think i'm going to stop playing open world games for a while.

• Advertisement

- Don't sell items. It's not worth it.

What about the stuff i'm fully upgraded on? I got tonnes of Bow and sword materials just sitting there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where do you get the gifts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Where do you get the gifts?
    Golden Temple

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'm enjoying it, but can see why some people wouldn't be fully in on it early. As you progress on, you unlock more combat mechanics and ways of playing which improves it. I'm a few missions into Act 2 and liking it. Maybe it could get repetitive if you play flat out and feel compelled to go and discover every ? as soon as you see it, as alot of those can be a bit samey, but as others have said before that's probably not the best way to play it.

Right now I don't have a huge amount of time to put into it, so I'm only hopping on for an hour or two the odd day maybe, and that works well with this game I think. As was said before, it can be a pretty relaxing game if you just play through it a bit more naturally, rather than following a series of waypoints. Not many games are like that, but for me this is a good kind of game to just put on and work through fairly gradually and at a slower pace.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ShaneU wrote: »
    Golden Temple

Is that on the first island?

Is that on the first island?

Yeah, theres a few other places. If you hover over it on the map it'll tell you whats at the settlement. I found the one on the first island the easiest to find everything. Merchants etc can be hard to spot in a lot of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Ok in the sense that you don't have to find all the collectibles like artifacts and records which aren't shown on the map (you only need 20 of each so wear the traveler gear after you clear camps etc) but you pretty much have to clear the map and do all the missions.

I'm late into act 2 now and being honest it's starting to wear on me especially the side missions , too reliant on go here, go there follow these foot prints kill those bad guys. There are a couple that mix it up a bit but too few in my view. The combat is still fun but I find I'm not using half the stuff I've unlocked.

Just go for the story first it’s better to get bored after the story then before imo

Iv finished the story and doing some side missions there all so boring the tales ones are fine but the other ones are just dull as f—k so glad I didn’t waste my time trying to 100% these islands before story

Brilliant game tough really enjoyable

Advertisement