Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Bazzo wrote: »
    Andy Goode says the Wasps story from earlier in the week is bollox.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/financial-turmoil-discontent-wasps-pull-one-andy-goode

I doubt a paid ambassador for Wasps would say otherwise!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 June18zellie

lawred2 wrote: »
    what's ground breaking about a Wales South Africa match in Washington?

What was special about all blacks irlenad chicago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Andy Goode says the Wasps story from earlier in the week is bollox.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/financial-turmoil-discontent-wasps-pull-one-andy-goode
    Interesting him suggesting a disgruntled player, it’s definitely a PR piece but their financial reports should give a fairly clear picture.
    What was special about all blacks irlenad chicago
    We won, duh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Crazy the talent retiring this year.
    Tommy Bowe, Donncha O Callaghan and John Muldoon.
    Brilliant players, great careers and leave us with lots of memories.
    Congratulations to the boys.

Apologies, I forgot Isa. My bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Big credit to Newcastle on their season. They can still mathematically leapfrog Saracens and finish second in the AP but it looks like they'll settle for third if they beat Wasps on the final day.

They'd be in the final of the Challenge Cup if Gloucester hadn't won in Connacht. They were unbeaten top seeds but had to go away in the semi because of that.

Richards has done an unbelievable job for them.

The other big story I see coming is that Stade Francais are in real trouble. They have to go away to La Rochelle on the final day. LR are fighting for a playoff and European spot. Lyon are just behind SF and host Montpellier who are guaranteed top spot after yesterday. I can see SF being relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Buer wrote: »
    Big credit to Newcastle on their season. They can still mathematically leapfrog Saracens and finish second in the AP but it looks like they'll settle for third if they beat Wasps on the final day.

They'd be in the final of the Challenge Cup if Gloucester hadn't won in Connacht. They were unbeaten top seeds but had to go away in the semi because of that.

Richards has done an unbelievable job for them.

The other big story I see coming is that Stade Francais are in real trouble. They have to go away to La Rochelle on the final day. LR are fighting for a playoff and European spot. Lyon are just behind SF and host Montpellier who are guaranteed top spot after yesterday. I can see SF being relegated.

Wouldn't that require Oyonnax to beat Castres away? Big ask

Wouldn't that require Oyonnax to beat Castres away? Big ask

Yes. Because I'm an idiot.

Misread the table and somehow contrived to think Lyon were in the bottom two.

Oh man wait until IBF gets a load of this.

Oh man wait until IBF gets a load of this.

He'd double his post count if he responded every time I mess up.

Actually, looking at his post count this could be precisely what he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He'd double his post count if he responded every time I mess up.

Actually, looking at his post count this could be precisely what he does.

Cheers

So Maxime Machenaud was on the bench for Racing. Came on and 10 mins later had to go back off with what was very clearly a knee injury. Racing's original 9 came back on for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

So Maxime Machenaud was on the bench for Racing. Came on and 10 mins later had to go back off with what was very clearly a knee injury. Racing's original 9 came back on for him...

I guess you can make "genou" sound close to 'tête" if you put on a really thick French accent....

• Subscribers Posts: 41,138 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The towns cup final is live on eirsport today at 4pm for those interested.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The towns cup final is live on eirsport today at 4pm for those interested.
    That’s mad!

That’s mad!

Mad but Great !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Might watch it. C'mon town.

Probably didn't pass the HIA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭swiwi_

all-blacks-jersey11-500x378.png

All Blacks "diversity" shirt on its way apparently. When the shirt is stretched, rainbow colours appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

swiwi_ wrote: »
    all-blacks-jersey11-500x378.png

All Blacks "diversity" shirt on its way apparently. When the shirt is stretched, rainbow colours appear.

Folau won’t be pulling any All Black Jersey’s then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

so the abs are not just the best rugby team but they're the most woke team too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

CatFromHue wrote: »
    so the abs are not just the best rugby team but they're the most woke team too

Naturally they're "woke", they're black 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

fun fact...

Newcastle qualify for premiership semi finals playoff with one game to spare .... AND with a negative points difference of -34

with Wasps at home this weekend and nothing to play for its unlikely that points difference will become positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

sydthebeat wrote: »
    fun fact...

Newcastle qualify for premiership semi finals playoff with one game to spare .... AND with a negative points difference of -34

with Wasps at home this weekend and nothing to play for its unlikely that points difference will become positive.

That's what happens in inferior leagues like the Premiership. They don't even need to have a positive PD to qualify for the knock outs. Half arsed, that's what it is. :D

Some premiership teams are garbage. Harlequins for one and the Warriors. Wouldn't compete in the pro 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

What do people think of the new 'power try' being trialled currently with Western Force? For those who don't know, it's a try that's scored from your own 22 with uninterrupted possession. The proposal is for it to be worth 7 points instead of five. So 9 points in total if it's converted. If possession changes hands, or there's a lineout, scrum or penalty it doesn't get the seven points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Surely more motivation for the defending team to interrupt possession by giving away a penalty? I understand penalties, knock-ons etc prevent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Surely more motivation for the defending team to interrupt possession by giving away a penalty? I understand penalties, knock-ons etc prevent it.
    I'm assuming a penalty for the attacking team doesn't count as a break in continuity. They'd get advantage anyway, so can keep playing until advantage is over and there's no break.

• Advertisement

prawnsambo wrote: »
    What do people think of the new 'power try' being trialled currently with Western Force? For those who don't know, it's a try that's scored from your own 22 with uninterrupted possession. The proposal is for it to be worth 7 points instead of five. So 9 points in total if it's converted. If possession changes hands, or there's a lineout, scrum or penalty it doesn't get the seven points.

Sounds great, I'm sure they'll love it when it finally makes its way to rugby league where it belongs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement