Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2017 - Round 18 Mexico

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

flazio wrote: »
    I think Renault do have it in them to bring it to the party, combined with the McLaren chassis, there could be a race win or 2 next year.

The only issue is a lot of the development of next years McLaren car was based around the Honda engine, when you swap engine supplier late on like they have it often compromises the package, hopefully that's not the case as the McLaren chassis is arguably the best out there along with the Red Bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

The lad running after Hamilton and running straight into the guy standing still and both going down was hilarious

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    The lad running after Hamilton and running straight into the guy standing still and both going down was hilarious

God damn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jayop wrote: »
    Even in victory he has no class and his team have no class. Honestly I'm sickened watching him running about like a clown and bitter old Louda.

Lauda has always been Lauda. Mercedes have won 4 in a row and Lewis has just won his 4th title. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gwan Max :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Lauda has always been Lauda. Mercedes have won 4 in a row and Lewis has just won his 4th title. :confused:

Exactly they just won big and Louda acting the idiot chatting **** about Vettel. Hamilton with his usual complete lack of manners when Coulthard was trying to get a few words.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,883 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I've never seen the podium do that before.

Should have played “We are the champions” :D

• Advertisement

I think kimi has had enough of the noise

Jayop wrote: »
    Exactly they just won big and Louda acting the idiot chatting **** about Vettel. Hamilton with his usual complete lack of manners when Coulthard was trying to get a few words.

He had just gotten out of the car after becoming the most successful British driver of all time and a 4 time world champion. He was surrounded by the people that enabled him to win the championship this year. It's absolutely an understandable reaction.

Bit sloppy from Vettel hitting 2 cars with his front wing on the first lap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Congrats to Hamilton. I hope Ferrari kick Merc's arse next year.

Anyway I am waiting impatiently for Hamilton's book on how to save the planet with vegan diet and private plane.

Can’t wait to read Jensen’s book.

And Alonso if he brings one out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Now that the world championship is wrapped up I can stop cheering on Vettel. I don't like Vettel but I like him more than Hamilton. Back to cheering on McLaren and Red Bull.

Here's hoping the McLaren Renault car will allow Alonso to have a lot more of those moments when he was fighting against Hamilton except hopefully instead of hanging onto 9th he's hanging onto a podium position

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Ladies and gentleman

YOUR 4 TIME, 4 TIME, 4 TIME

CHAMPION OF THE WORLD

Lewis HAMILTON!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

next season is looking bloody good folks!

Wanderer78 wrote: »

That's ages away, Interlagos is next and hopefully it'll be a good one even with the Championship done and dusted! I'd imagine that we'll have indications of the Williams line-up for next year before then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,883 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Ricciardo to win Brazil. :D

• Advertisement

Good stuff from force india to secure 4th in the championship, couldn't have done much better with Redbull and the the top two teams well ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Missed the race earlier so caught up on the highlights now. Verstappen totally on it from the start. Brilliant drive from him.
    Ominous watching the Renault engines go bang left right and centre. A shiver went down my spine thinking that could be Fonsy next year.
    Congrats to Hamilton, he's driven remarkably well since after the summer break, and deserved to win the title. Ferrari improved this year but still fluffed their lines once or twice, serves them right though with their giant pile of extra cash just because.
    Good day for the pink panthers too :) pleased with 4th in the constructors, it's best they could hope for really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Alonso playing with Ham.:)

Max told to slow down.

Does fastest lap.
    And increase distance.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Just finished watching highlights - can't really add any more to whats already been said.

During the race one of the commentators on C4 spoke about Ferrari turning it around hugely this year and taking the fight to Hamilton for the drivers Championship at least. Does anyone think this might give Aribivenne (or however you spell his name) a bit of breathing room after the talk of him getting the bullet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Top Dog wrote: »
    Just finished watching highlights - can't really add any more to whats already been said.

During the race one of the commentators on C4 spoke about Ferrari turning it around hugely this year and taking the fight to Hamilton for the drivers Championship at least. Does anyone think this might give Aribivenne (or however you spell his name) a bit of breathing room after the talk of him getting the bullet?

The series of issues they had which ended the championship challenge will be viewed as a failure of his leadership rightly or wrongly. Ferrari have a philosophy of heads will roll so I assume he's headed for the chopping block regardless of any positives one may look to take from the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Ladies and gentleman

YOUR 4 TIME, 4 TIME, 4 TIME

CHAMPION OF THE WORLD

Lewis HAMILTON!!!!

Ah yes, the hip-hop king of Stevenage. Word up my little Swiss dwelling, tax avoiding baller.

A petulant ignorant surly man-child who cant even take his oversize headphones off to conduct an interview, but then the camera pulls back to reveal his white, ripped cut-offs, that places him straightouttacompton.

The stats dont lie, a four time world champ, a good technical driver, well able to drive a race by the numbers and very quick over a quali lap, but in my opinion lacking the grit for a proper fight, always looking to blame someone else, any other factor when it doesnt come off.

A great? Yes, undeniably. A legend? No. Not fit to lace the boots of true greats whose focus and singlemindedness leave him in the shade - Senna, Schumacher, Clark, Lauda, Alonso, Brabham, Hakkinen, Vettel, Fangio.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Head of Fiat already said makes no sense to change or point the blame. He will be staying and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Disappointing end to the season for me, and there's still two races left.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

dloob wrote: »
    What’s going on with Renault engines this weekend?

Its the high altitude its a lots harder on the engines. Any other race I don,t think there would be as many failures maybe one or two.
    Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Would love to see Alonso in a good car

He will be next year in the Mclaren Renault.
    Faugheen wrote: »
    Can't wait to see Hamilton and Alonso scrapping again next year

Same here am Vettel, Max and Riccardo will also be in the mix next year is going to be great.
    I think Renault do have it in them to bring it to the party, combined with the McLaren chassis, there could be a race win or 2 next year.

Agreed should be good.
    Autosport wrote: »
    I’m a happy little girl :D

Her I always thought you were a guy hehe.
    I know he can be a bit of a douche bag off track, but on track he is unquestionably the deserved world champion, now next year, Only one of them can be a 5 times world champion. Bring it on.

Or we might have a new champion next year maybe Riccardo, Max or Bottas.
    Wanderer78 wrote: »

Agreed can,t wait for it already. Hopefully Ferrari, Red Bull, Mclaren Renault and Renault can all be fighting at the front and challenging Mercedes. Only about 5 months to wait lol.

Well done to Max Versttapen he had a perfect race and well deserved win. It was nice to see Lewis and Vettel have to come from the back of the grid through the cars.
    A pity that Riccardo and the Hulks engines went bang but thats what happens sometimes unfortunately. Would have liked to see both of them get points.

Who got driver of the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

AMKC wrote: »

Who got driver of the day?

That would be Sebastian Vettel but apparently it was very close
    https://twitter.com/F1/status/924749575952392192

Advertisement