Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ 6.1 News changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,439 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Slightly OT, but do many people get your username these days? ;)

I was accused of being a redneck racist recently, so I guess some do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

What's going on with the RTÉ News background in Studio 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

They're back to summer Six One now. half hour bulletin followed by Reeling in the Years...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,086 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmm.. McCullagh and Perry....

Saw it for the first time last night.... not bad.

McCullagh more lively than usual, better haircut and looks less like a rural undertakers assistant.

Still has that habit of turning a statement into a question, bit irritating.

Needs to keep the head up and to use an NFL term, ‘don’t lead with the crown of the helmet’.

Perry was.....well.. Perry

B- from this poster...but pleasantly breezy.

Will keep a watching brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Hmmm.. McCullagh and Perry....

Saw it for the first time last night.... not bad.

McCullagh more lively than usual, better haircut and looks less like a rural undertakers assistant.

I thought he had robbed Ray Kennedys suits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well hopefully they get McCullogh to interview any Ministers on the program and keep Perry well away from them after that car crash sit down interview she had with Michael Martin over Golfgate two weeks ago.

I dont think McCullogh is any great shakes but he is significantly better than Perry at interviewing politicians who have spent all afternoon getting trained by Terry Prone before their interview.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well hopefully they get McCullogh to interview any Ministers on the program and keep Perry well away from them after that car crash sit down interview she had with Michael Martin over Golfgate two weeks ago.

I dont think McCullogh is any great shakes but he is significantly better than Perry at interviewing politicians who have spent all afternoon getting trained by Terry Prone before their interview.

I would have to agree with that synopsis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

I was accused of being a redneck racist recently, so I guess some do!

Renko, Hill, my office! Leave the door open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

imme wrote: »
    I think we all know that it's hers

Did Pat do Prime Time or the Front line, which was a replacement for Questions and Answers, a pet project.

Too much to ask for a return to the Q&A format on Monday nights I suppose.

🙈🙉🙊

Lenihan spaffing off the wall in this report.

• Advertisement

Not the best time for it, with the world as it is. And really needs a good presenter: you don't get many John Bowmans to the kg. And to be well-produced generally. Look at the shouty gammonfest that the BBC's Question Time has turned into in recent years.

imme wrote: »
    I think we all know that it's hers

Did Pat do Prime Time or the Front line, which was a replacement for Questions and Answers, a pet project.

PT briefly went three-days-a-week, with a 'perm two presenters from three' rota, briefly including PK. Either side of that there were 'put my name into the title, dammit!' shows first with the Plank, and then with Claire Bryne.

Always some dick who thinks it’s hilarious to be blowing the horn during a live report!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

This would be a bit too serious for RTE who don't seem interested in looking at anything serious in anything other than snippets.

Always some dick who thinks it’s hilarious to be blowing the horn during a live report!

Anti-vehicular rocket-launchers required.

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Renko, Hill, my office! Leave the door open.

I was always somewhat jealous of Renko, who had the lovely Helen Shaver cast as Teresa, his girlfriend, in a few episodes. 35 years on, and I think she is still a lovely looking woman. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Muahahaha wrote: »

Her effort the other night with Catherine Martin wasn't any better. Very, very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Her effort the other night with Catherine Martin wasn't any better. Very, very poor.

yeah I saw that and it wasnt great though not quite the car crash the Michael Martin interview was. She just seems to have her cue cards with 10 questions on them and shes asking those questions no matter what the interviewee says back to her.

Catherine Martin herself was pretty ropey too which surprised me. All she had to do was explain the scheme to get your tax back from hotels & restaurants but she was stumbling over her words and sowing even more confusion.

Its been that way a good few times with Covid messaging, a minister does an interview to outline the latest regulations and instead of getting a simple message across with concise language and to the point sentences they end up sowing even more confusion. A couple of weeks ago there was so much confusion that Dr.Ronan Glynn had to make his own video to explain what was going on because the politicians had messed it up royally. They're the ones who are supposed to be expert communicators, not the acting CMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tintin67

Is there some sort of Beth Rigby test they do before allowing male presenters on now? "Good evenin' , we'll be talkin' to the taoiseach but we're goin' for a break first." Dobbo was the same. Not a g string in sight.

Where did they get that lad McCullagh from.

What’s with the hair style

Like something out of The Big Bang Theory.

Stop that f uking pursing the lips after every delivery.

C’mon dude.

• Advertisement

Where did they get that lad McCullagh from.

What’s with the hair style

Like something out of The Big Bang Theory.

Stop that f uking pursing the lips after every delivery.

C’mon dude.

Do you reckon he would have some interesting stories from the RTE jacks!? :D

Do you reckon he would have some interesting stories from the RTE jacks!? :D

No, reckon he could make nothing interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The video wall in Studio 3 is on the blink again.

These two presenters are about as dynamic as a brace of dead hedgehogs.

McCullagh with the purse of the lips after every ‘contribution’ and leading with the top of the head.

Don’t get me going about the eyebrow gymnastics........... change has to happen.. but it won’t.

What was Perry doing in Derry tonight?
    Surely that couldn't be considered essential? Not only has she left the county, but the country. What sort of example is that setting to the nation? Especially considering she'll likely be (hypocritically) preaching to viewers next week to obey the guidelines.
    It appears the reason was to conduct an interview, but that could have easily been done by RTE's northern correspondent (who's a better interviewer and was in the same room anyway).

Very disappointing from RTE, but not unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Surely that couldn't be considered essential? Not only has she left the county, but the country. What sort of example is that setting to the nation? Especially considering she'll likely be (hypocritically) preaching to viewers next week to obey the guidelines.
    It appears the reason was to conduct an interview, but that could have easily been done by RTE's northern correspondent (who's a better interviewer and was in the same room anyway).

I don't mind her as an interviewer to be honest but was wondering the same thing myself. Seemed silly sending her there. Also, the live report with the aviva in the background was equally pointless (was it Tony O'Donoghue?). 30 second piece to camera that could easily have been done in studio, there must be a cost for these outside reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Not to mention sending Marty Morrissey to Donegal to interview a few GAA heads and lament the fact that the County Final isn't happening there this weekend. Hardly essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

With Derry having a higher rate than Spain she should be self isolating for 14 days when she returns.

With Derry having a higher rate than Spain she should be self isolating for 14 days when she returns.

Yes, the UK is not on the green list afaik, but I doubt she (or anyone who travelled with her) will self isolate. It's more likely she'll return to our screens from Donnybrook on Monday lecturing us plebs to obey the guidelines.

Remember, these are the same people who vilified Phil Hogan for doing similar (not defending Hogan, just pointing out the extreme hypocrisy).

But hey, watch RTE if the truth matters to you :D :P

• Advertisement

Catriona looks like she got a new make up artist.

Advertisement