Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Origins

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its not well optimized at all as pointed out by the likes of digital foundry and hardware unboxed but once you have a beefy PC it isnt an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

My PC is aging at this stage, i5-2500K CPU, Radeon RX 480 but it plays most games very good. Most games play maxed out and this morning its playing Shadow of War excellent. Even on low setting it does not like Origins for some reason.

Its funny you mention the 2500K i had that when ACO was released and it really struggled,it was the final nail in the coffin i needed to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The 2500k can be OCd to stupid levels.

Yeah it was but still nowhere near enough, 4 cores according to the experts wasnt enough.
    Mine was @ 3.9ghz,Glebee if your with constant fps drops well below 60 fps its doable.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah it was but still nowhere near enough, 4 cores according to the experts wasnt enough.
    Mine was @ 3.9ghz,Glebee if your with constant fps drops well below 60 fps its doable.

Even on low settings it runs crap. Not messing about with overclocking as every other games runs well and id surely make a balls of overclocking.

Back playings Origins using Geforce Now. Did bit update my pc after and going to stick with cloud gaming for the while. Just climed my first pyramid, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,827 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Also coming to Gamepass in June I think. Nice for those who haven't played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

I've played Assassin's Creed 1/2/3 and about half way through Black Flag before I stopped playing it. Should I finish the other games before playing this one, or will I be able to follow the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,827 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If you're not bothered about the modern stuff, and I don't think many were since 3, then you don't need to really know anything other than Abstergo have set up Animi (Animus's?) and hire people to dive for them. Origins was the start of the "History of" as I call them. No longer actual assassins, but how this all came about, the history of the artifacts, etc. It's more RPG than the previous games, and people give out it's not assassiney enough. But I liked it, and loved the follow up Odyssey.

Still thought, Black Flag is one of the best in the series!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Free weekend for AC Origins starting this Thursday

https://freeweekend.ubisoft.com/assassins-creed-origins/en-GB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

AC Origins ... Getting sucked in to this on XBox Series X GamePass. It's a good drop in/drop out game. Not sure I'll grind through it all.

But I like it. Looks beautiful on 4K HDR 60FPS OLED.

More solid story than Odyssey. Bayak is pretty cool. Don't think the option to pick male/female protagonist works in Odyssey. It dilutes the story and spreads developer resources even more thinly. They should have had Kassandra only, beefed up that game's design and reduced the grind.

On my way to Alexandria (I think). I like how the eagle rouses a flock of birds on a body of water. That wasn't in Odyssey.

Playing with minimal HUD to remove most of the annoying distractions from the world and reduce the hand holding. This was much more configurable in Odyssey.

Also, it's nice to have a shield Vs that wierd block in Odyssey...

Advertisement