Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yeah combats fine. Grind-hunting for equipment is a pain in the balls tho. Its really turned me off finishing. Loot boxes are great huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished this the other day, really enjoyed it. Ton of side quests and question marks left but I sold it to CEX for 42 cash (paid 60) so definitely got value for my 18 quid! It could really do with a sequel like Brotherhood. Have a HQ that you build up and run missions from multiple cities around the world (smaller maps) while recruiting members. Just not sure what would be a good year to set it in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Finished this the other day, really enjoyed it. Ton of side quests and question marks left but I sold it to CEX for 42 cash (paid 60) so definitely got value for my 18 quid! It could really do with a sequel like Brotherhood. Have a HQ that you build up and run missions from multiple cities around the world (smaller maps) while recruiting members. Just not sure what would be a good year to set it in.

Did you plat it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did you plat it?

**** no. Would have tried if I was keeping onto it but the cex value was too good to pass up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    **** no. Would have tried if I was keeping onto it but the cex value was too good to pass up.

Tbh by the end it was a chore, especially the all locations one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

I just cannot get into this. Huge fan of AC but this has done less than AC3 so far.

Any release date for the dlc?

Any release date for the dlc?

Jan 23rd, Feb 20th and March 6th.

Details here http://ie.ign.com/articles/2018/01/16/assassins-creed-origins-dlc-packs-release-dates-announced

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

The two story DLCs sound great, really enjoyed completing this game so would love more.

€40 for the season pass though, think I'll wait for reviews/sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Really enjoyed this up until the last sequence.
    Well done on progressing your character to level 40 and getting loads of Legendary gear. Now we are going to force you to finish the game with a shoehorned naval sequence and play the last few land missions as Aya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

maximoose wrote: »
    The two story DLCs sound great, really enjoyed completing this game so would love more.

€40 for the season pass though, think I'll wait for reviews/sale.

I'm mad to play it again, but fcuk €40 for the season pass, I only paid €50 for the main game!

Gotta keep an eye out for a sale too :D

The level cap for the new areas appears to be 55.

Anyone know if you can go past 40 now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,528 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The level cap for the new areas appears to be 55.

Anyone know if you can go past 40 now? :)

45 is the cap on the first expansion and 55 is for the second I believe.

45 is the cap on the first expansion and 55 is for the second I believe.

So only people who buy the expansions or season pass will be able to go above 40 I take it?

That's fine, gotta try get a pass for cheap!

Do xbox take all4one vouchers? :D

So only people who buy the expansions or season pass will be able to go above 40 I take it?

That's fine, gotta try get a pass for cheap!

Do xbox take all4one vouchers? :D

No but you could buy credit in Argos or Gamestop with them I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Correct, for GameStop at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,528 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Can't confirm that point I'm afraid, maybe the cap will lift anyway as a new mission has been added to lead into the expansion...

Correct, for GameStop at least!

Argos have a €50 xbox card, I have a €50 one4all! It's like a match made in heaven :D
    Can't confirm that point I'm afraid, maybe the cap will lift anyway as a new mission has been added to lead into the expansion...

Was just curios!
    I guess without the expansions, you won't need to be at the higher levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Well I bought this week but sadly I'm just not into it. I think I'm just over the open world style games there mind numbling boring to me now I tried sticking to the main missions but they want you to level up before you proceed no thanks.

Graphics hdr 4k is all excellent it looks stunning.

I really wish they would try a new feature for games like this to streamline the story missions to make it seem more linear I'm going to trade it back in tomorrow and get my money back so no loss overall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

biggebruv wrote: »
    Well I bought this week but sadly I'm just not into it. I think I'm just over the open world style games there mind numbling boring to me now I tried sticking to the main missions but they want you to level up before you proceed no thanks.

Graphics hdr 4k is all excellent it looks stunning.

I really wish they would try a new feature for games like this to streamline the story missions to make it seem more linear I'm going to trade it back in tomorrow and get my money back so no loss overall :)

Agree so much on the linear story quests. A lot of the time I felt I was just wanting my time with all of the side quests. Would be great if they could be more Incorporated into the main missions.

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    Agree so much on the linear story quests. A lot of the time I felt I was just wanting my time with all of the side quests. Would be great if they could be more Incorporated into the main missions.

yep running to and from mission checkpoints is so tedious.

horizon I did beat just because it was a brand new IP with a new character and great crossbow gameplay

the crossbow in this game is crap compared to horizon and tomb raider though

It was tedious enough when you had to level up for main story missions, I think what kept me going though was the beautiful scenery and how good a job they did recreating ancient Egypt.

It was tedious enough when you had to level up for main story missions, I think what kept me going though was the beautiful scenery and how good a job they did recreating ancient Egypt.

yeah it's a great looking game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

biggebruv wrote: »
    yeah it's a great looking game

It really is, but I anytime I play I get cravings to jump back into Black flag. Still remember how astonished I was when I first loaded it up and how gorgeous it was.

First DLC is available to buy/download now :)

I'll pick up the DLC later in the week. I enjoyed the game so don't mind going back for more. They can keep their season pass though. DLC is 9.99 and there's another story DLC later , likely same price. Season pass is 40 with a fair bit of pointless filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

The second DLC Curse of the Pharaohs is $20 so most likely €20. Still cheaper to get both separately if the other extras in the season pass aren’t of interest.

Started the hidden ones last night more of the same so far just tougher enemies and more of them. Bayek does get updated clothing that’s a bit more “Assassin” like than the main games. Up to level 42 after only 3 quests as they award 12,000 XP per quest. Level 45 should take no time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I assumed the Hidden ones was gonna be €20 based on the season pass price, picked it up now for €9.99 don't mind that price at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Do the dlc add anything to the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Do the dlc add anything to the story?

The Hidden Ones I believe is based a bit after the end of the main campaign. Continues the story a bit. I'd say they're warey about what DLC they will throw out now, as they have built a fantastic foundation for another Ezio quality trilogy. But I haven't played the DLC, so don't know how that will pan out.

Advertisement