Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 5 & 6 are the two biggest selling Capcom games of all time

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You seem fixated on "I feel this way therefore it is".

Same could be said for you though no?

You felt after 200 hours in SP / Co-op / Mercenaries that Resi 6 was objectively one of the most incredible shooting games made, therefore it is :confused:
    For what it's worth, and I've no idea why you introduced it, but Infinite Warfare was probably the best COD campaign in years.

I think I saw it listed as one of the ones that sold a lot put was not up to par with the other entries critically for whatever reason, I totally picked it out of thin air, I'm not a COD fan, it's merits in the series are lost on me. I see far less peopel wax lyrical over it than say, Bioshock or Wolfenstein or whatever

Regardless, you're not getting my point (and have said as much) and more focused on pouring over semantics of the off-the-cuff game I chose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

This is bad news for re8 seeing as re7 did not sell well.

I loved 4, bought every version on all consoles (for some reason), 5 was great, played through the it a few times. 6...the less said, the better.

Now 7, that was amazing, played it in vr. Amazing game, can't wait for the next dlc.

But chances of re8 being like 7, very slim.

• Ah lads, RE7 did sell well. Still nearly 4 million units.
    And I'd suspect the gold edition will sell well at Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

What's interesting to note is that Resident Evil 6 initially under-preformed, more than likely due to a fairly huge budget given the scale of the game, and its lifetime sales still haven't met the original projections. With Resident Evil 7, they lowered projections to 4m for this fiscal year and at 3.7m sold by the end of June they appear to be well on track to hit that.

What's also interesting to note is that they see the game as "a foundation title, producing revenue not limited to the next two fiscal years but into the long term as well".

The plan seems to be
    Q. To what degree will Resident Evil 7’s additional downloadable content contribute to earnings?
    A. Earnings contributions from Resident Evil 7 will come primarily from sales of the main game, with
    additional downloadable content playing a complementary role. We believe strategically
    releasing appealing additional downloadable content to stimulate continuous interest among
    game players will result in an extended lifecycle for the title, and will be important in exceeding
    the lifetime units sold by the previous installment over the course of the game's life

So it looks like they changed direction fairly dramatically with the seventh entry and it's paying off for everyone, fans included?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Asus X540L wrote: »
    5 would have been good if they didn't implement the co-op half way through, and of course, the "racist" changes.

You're in the middle of Africa and it's racist cause all the zombies are black?

It was more a case of problematic imagery than outright racistness.

Spear chucking savages harks back to racist propaganda. Having black zombies was never the issue. Adding a black sidekick doesn't fix it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'd like to see how remastered versions of Resi 2 and Resi 3 Nemisis would fare against these sales. Older games were much better games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Adding a black sidekick doesn't fix it either.

She wasn't even black. Mixed race at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

RE 5 was horrible, horrible single player game, because partner AI was dumb as a rock. I just couldn't deal with it.
    On the other hand RE 5 was fantastic couch multiplayer game. I remember good old daus of me and my buddy playing all night, 2 bottles of vodka and two massive pizzas. Some great memories or lack of them...
    We tried RE 6, but I dont think we had a chance to play it a lot due to "insert any grown up excuse for limited time".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

RE 5 was horrible, horrible single player game, because partner AI was dumb as a rock. I just couldn't deal with it.
    On the other hand RE 5 was fantastic couch multiplayer game. I remember good old daus of me and my buddy playing all night, 2 bottles of vodka and two massive pizzas. Some great memories or lack of them...
    We tried RE 6, but I dont think we had a chance to play it a lot due to "insert any grown up excuse for limited time".

Loved the single player in RE5! Just give Shiva the rifle and she never bothered ya again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Played through 5 coop with my brother online. It was fun mainly cause it was co op and the control systems were t terrible. Bit of craic.

We then tried 6 and holy Christ that game was just awful. So much so we played about an hour or so and gave up.

I will say as well 5 didn't feel like a Resi game. Bits and pieces yes but overall it wasn't Resi.

6's controls were so bad I couldn't tell what it was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement