Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2017

Options
1434445464749»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

KKkitty wrote: »
    The premise of Christmas is to bring people of all ages, beliefs and origins together is it not? Wealth and material possessions don't matter much on Christmas Day. You could have a millionaire by themselves in a mansion versus a family with a turkey crown from Aldi and Brussels sprouts from Lidl. Kids who throw hissy fits because they didn't get the iPhone X compared to another child who's happy with a PS3. It's 2017 so for me anyway the religious aspect doesn't mean much but I'd rather see my kids be happy and appreciative of what I provide for them than saying 50 Hail Mary's or Our Father's ad nauseum.

All beliefs including those from the church of delusion.

Didn't get to see it last night so I'm watching the repeat now :)

(Next year when I'm a big girl I can stay up late and watch the live show)

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

neonsofa wrote: »
    Bet graham is backstage asking the missus who the **** is Bertie

Post of the night :D

Really enjoyed last night’s show - Tubs as ever, did a good job.

Funniest thread in a long time, too :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My little one watched it 3 times today, she absolutely loved it, I think it's her first time ever seeing it (she's 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

You're never too young to start

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Watching it continuously with my 5 year old daughter the last few nights. Much and all as I can't stand him, Tubs is really good with kids. Makes the show.

Us men never really grow up they say:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I thought it was fantastic, fun, inclusive, Ryan made it look pretty effortless and he could not have done better . I heard from someone there that he made huge effort with the sick kids when their segment was filmed and stayed behind a long time after talking to everyone and ensuring all the parents and kids got attention. Overall it was brilliant though, I didnt feel the time passing at all while I was watching.

I thought it mightve been a nice touch to give the audience gifts to a homeless charity or give them the option to donate them or mention something about that.

I did notice in one shot that Ryan was in with the sick kids. It struck me at the time that I never remember any of the previous hosts doing that. Lovely touch. Ryan definitely genuinely loves the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

brooke 2 wrote: »
    I did notice in one shot that Ryan was in with the sick kids. It struck me at the time that I never remember any of the previous hosts doing that. Lovely touch. Ryan definitely genuinely loves the children.

My daughter was on the Late Late with Ryan a few years ago. He was fantastic with her. I found him to be a lovely guy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What do we thank our defence forces for exactly?

Not enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clareman wrote: »
    My little one watched it 3 times today, she absolutely loved it, I think it's her first time ever seeing it (she's 5)

She insisted in us having to watch it again today because it looks like Christmas outside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Clareman wrote: »
    She insisted in us having to watch it again today because it looks like Christmas outside.

I like her style! :)

Advertisement