Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kioti NX series tractors.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

Here's a few to get your eye in.

1990 ford 7610.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-7610/16479984

1995 Fiat 8894.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/fiat-8894/17003854

2000 JD 6310. (No loader on this)
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/john-deere-6310-se-power-quad/11549137

Edit: Good tractors with a loader in this price range don't stay on DD very long so you need to keep a constant watch.
    Kill tractors had a tidy looking case with a loader up a few days ago and it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Mr321 wrote: »
    Amazed at all the people that would recommend a front loader. Farming a long time here without one and the majority of farms around don't have a front loader. (Big and small sized farms)
    The dairy men would have a teleporter in more recent years or a JCB digger but that's only for to fill a diet feeder since they came into play.

I was the same No loader. Then I changed tractoe and only looked for one with a loader.

Moving bales, loading trailer with stone or clay, lifting pallets ( fert spreader on pallet and last Monday put it into shed before storm). Feeding bales. Great job in the bog for filling trailer.

Make sure it has a Euro head on the loader and if at all possible “ soft ride “ though 200e will add it to a loader.

My dad is mid 50s. Grew up on farm but never farmed. 2 mins of a lesson on bog and he was flying with shuttle , and joystick loader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Floki wrote: »

1990 ford 7610.

1995 Fiat 8894.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/john-deere-6310-se-power-quad/11549137

Edit: Good tractors with a loader in this price range don't stay on DD very long so you need to keep a constant watch.
    Kill tractors had a tidy looking case with a loader up a few days ago and it's gone.

all of those are great tractors, from my little knowledge I would say that the Fiat and JD are bullet proof. Only small question over the 7610 was the engines went porus on some of them, but there are still a load of them around the country doing Trojan work

Panch18 wrote: »
    all of those are great tractors, from my little knowledge I would say that the Fiat and JD are bullet proof. Only small question over the 7610 was the engines went porus on some of them, but there are still a load of them around the country doing Trojan work

You'd roughly know if the Ford changed the engine block by a change in paint colour in the block compared to the rest of it (bar it hasn't been resprayed). I had a 7610 here and it was a great tractor but I put the already diluted coolant from jd in it. Never had an issue with a porous block but I reckon the block was changed in mine before I got the tractor. That 7610 on DD is a series 3 and I think the porus blocks only really effected the series 1 especially and some 2's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

1990 ford 7610.

1995 Fiat 8894.

Those are the sort I'd be happy with alright, I just don't want to be spending extra on a loader if it's never going to be used.
    Titanium did make valid points, but certain things he's mentioned can't/won't be done here due to space & land type.

1- we only stack bales in singles as we've a waste patch behind the shed just for this purpose, it's useless otherwise. Except in the future may add a dry shed on to it but that's yeeeeeears down the line.
    2- Machinery is stored outside/put away straight after use, on pallets, using the spikes and reversing (we are very good at reversing now haha)
    3- Stones/soil moving here is minimal, and i mean extremely rare indeed! Turf is collected with an old wooden trailer, thrown up onto it. I do see the use for a loader here but wouldn't that mean extra chance of getting bogged down? Our bog is quite wet & have to traverse over fields to get to it.
    4- Our shed layout means we can't feed bales by reversing or pushing it in, reversing in with the three bales on spikes is best we can get. Three bay shed with dry shed built opposite, two calving pens mean no tractor can turn with bales in the shed.

Now I'm not meaning to knock all your suggestions! But nobody around here really has or uses one at all. Only the larger farmers- dairy or contractor fellas- have them. I'm just trying to get the tractor that's most suitable to our needs without all the frills and fancies cause there's always some other hole to fill with spare money!!:)

No, haven't gone to see the kioti (yet) but it does seem to have very narrow tires, so would look like a strikeout immediately, you'd almost lose the narrow front ones on the Zetor here betimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭White Clover

Good tractors linked above by others. They are all around 100hp except the 88-94 @85hp. I think LH would manage with a 70 to 80 hp tractor ? The 5211 is around 50-55hp. A 70/80hp tractor would be less likely to have had multiple drivers in their younger years or have spent a large amount of time working on large farms clocking 600 -1000 hrs per year.

Anyone know where Reggie's tractor went?;)

Good 70 - 80hp are like hens teeth though.

Sounds like a lighter type of tractor then would be suitable so that rules out the Ford. Although I like them.

Case 4240? If you can get a good one.
    I'm still thinking of that case 4240 that was up on DD with a loader from Kill that would have been perfect. 2 days it was up on DD and it was gone.

Not sure if this'll work.
    Maher's in dunshaughlin have a clean one.
    linking from phone.

Link.http://www.farmandplant.ie/inventory/?/listings/farm-machinery/for-sale/18853071/1998-case-ih-4240?dlr=1

Shuttle box too.

Nice handy light tractor.
    What ever it's like to drive.

Edit :just spotted a glass panel missing.
    But if it was mechanically good you could get it included in the deal.
    Looks like all they did was take off the wheels and sand and paint and new tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭White Clover

Anyone know where Reggie's tractor went?;)

Good 70 - 80hp are like hens teeth though.

Sounds like a lighter type of tractor then would be suitable so that rules out the Ford. Although I like them.

Case 4240? If you can get a good one.
    I'm still thinking of that case 4240 that was up on DD with a loader from Kill that would have been perfect. 2 days it was up on DD and it was gone.

Landini blizzard 85 or landini 8880
    Zetor 6341 or 6441
    Fiat 8894 or NH 6635 ( practically, if not completely identical mechanically)
    John Deere 6110 ( think Buford had one of these)
    Massey 375 or possibly 390

All of the above are credible options.
    If Lady haywire had a spin in a blizzard 85 I could nearly guarantee that she would buy it. Would be popular in the NW I would think too.

I wouldn't be a fan of those Case's. From what I know of them, you are as likely to get a lemon as a bombproof one. It's 50/50 with them.

Years ago feck all had quads and before that all cattle were kept outside.

Nice 80/100hp tractor with loader would be a lifetime investment.

Think of the back and especially being female and hurting yourself. No shed here you can turn a tractor in either. Drive in reverse out.

And a loader on a tractor once out of feeding season should only warrant a premium of maybe 2/3k

Those are the sort I'd be happy with alright, I just don't want to be spending extra on a loader if it's never going to be used.
    Titanium did make valid points, but certain things he's mentioned can't/won't be done here due to space & land type.

1- we only stack bales in singles as we've a waste patch behind the shed just for this purpose, it's useless otherwise. Except in the future may add a dry shed on to it but that's yeeeeeears down the line.
    2- Machinery is stored outside/put away straight after use, on pallets, using the spikes and reversing (we are very good at reversing now haha)
    3- Stones/soil moving here is minimal, and i mean extremely rare indeed! Turf is collected with an old wooden trailer, thrown up onto it. I do see the use for a loader here but wouldn't that mean extra chance of getting bogged down? Our bog is quite wet & have to traverse over fields to get to it.
    4- Our shed layout means we can't feed bales by reversing or pushing it in, reversing in with the three bales on spikes is best we can get. Three bay shed with dry shed built opposite, two calving pens mean no tractor can turn with bales in the shed.

Now I'm not meaning to knock all your suggestions! But nobody around here really has or uses one at all. Only the larger farmers- dairy or contractor fellas- have them. I'm just trying to get the tractor that's most suitable to our needs without all the frills and fancies cause there's always some other hole to fill with spare money!!:)

No, haven't gone to see the kioti (yet) but it does seem to have very narrow tires, so would look like a strikeout immediately, you'd almost lose the narrow front ones on the Zetor here betimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Christ that Same tractor looks great value if it's right. And it looks like it's been well minded.
    The oversized tyres are a great job

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Same looks the best of those 2, clutch can be an issue in those Valmets.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Same looks the best of those 2, clutch can be an issue in those Valmets.

all the same needs is a beacon and a set of front fenders/mudguards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

My pick of those would be the fiat

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Muckit wrote: »
    My pick of those would be the fiat

It’s not cheap for a nearly 23 year old piece of machinery.

That said I’ve heard very little said against them.

Lots of food for thought here for me. I'm wondering if I should just release my cousin & uncle up north and see what they find. That's how I came by the quad and it's in fantastic nick :D
    Quite like the 2000 JD 6310 up there, would be my pick of them all so far. Dad says no to Same tractors though, they're 'too long'! And they say women are choosey! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

annubis wrote: »

Expensive considering 24 years old. No loader and not many frills on them zetors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭maidhc

Expensive considering 24 years old. No loader and not many frills on them zetors.

No brakes either on those.

We bought a 6340 NEW in 1995 for about £18k. It lasted 5 long years in the place before it was traded for a real tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

we had plenty of zetors over the years, 5340 with a loader was the last one back in the 90s, to be honest they were well able for the bit of work we did, there was always a bits of trouble with brake fluid and the seals or the little cylinder used to be replaced but sure anyone could fix them and parts were easy got. they were good little tractors i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

You need one of these to handle the wet ground up there.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/case-international-885xl/15839448

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    You need one of these to handle the wet ground up there.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/case-international-885xl/15839448

I think I know that tractor.....:pac:

I think I know that tractor.....:pac:

Did you see it on the lake?

Did you see it on the lake?

Think I've seen it in a couple of bogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Old thread, but what did you buy in the end ? Anyone ever try out a kioti ? Seen some youtube clips of kioti in places like the states and they appear to rate them as good as a kubota.

Old thread, but what did you buy in the end ? Anyone ever try out a kioti ? Seen some youtube clips of kioti in places like the states and they appear to rate them as good as a kubota.

Zetor 6441 with a loader :D
    I love it. Use it more than Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Have you found a use for the loader?

• Advertisement

Have you found a use for the loader?

Many many uses!

Thank you to the person who said them.

Advertisement