Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kioti NX series tractors.

Options
  • 21-10-2017 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭

Right, so totally out of my comfort zone if it hasn't legs and a tail!
    Looking at getting a new tractor in the next year or so and we somehow both agreed that it seems a decent sort of 4 wheel drive tractor for a halfway decent price. All it needs is general farm work, mowing/topping/bringing in bales/trailer etc buuuuut we do live on a steep hill so we need the extra power in 4x4 (the old Zetor hasn't managed to ever go up one hill in particular!)

The Kioti somehow is one we've both agreed to look at, up in Whelan country, but does anyone have any comments or is familiar with them enough to let us know if it's worth the drive! We'd both be edging towards the NX5010C

6s3UKzLh.png?1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Looking at getting a new tractor in the next year or so and we somehow both agreed that it seems a decent sort of 4 wheel drive tractor for a halfway decent price. All it needs is general farm work, mowing/topping/bringing in bales/trailer etc buuuuut we do live on a steep hill so we need the extra power in 4x4 (the old Zetor hasn't managed to ever go up one hill in particular!)

The Kioti somehow is one we've both agreed to look at, up in Whelan country, but does anyone have any comments or is familiar with them enough to let us know if it's worth the drive! We'd both be edging towards the NX5010C

6s3UKzLh.png?1

Seeing as yer up that general direction.
    Call into Donal Collins Machinery and take a look at the Farmtrac range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

How much are they as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Seeing as yer up that general direction.
    Call into Donal Collins Machinery and take a look at the Farmtrac range.

Bit pricier it seems with less spec on the 555 dt?

PLUS IT'S BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

How much are they as a matter of interest?

From 16,950, or so it says in the Journo. I'm guessing that's without vat and extras though.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Dont think that tractor would even look at lifting a bale of silage tbh and thats talking about a small bale of silage and a lot of contractors are all going to John Deer and McHale baliers these days so the bale would lift it! Nor talk of to spread slurry if you ever intended to in the future.

You would get a decent small 2nd hand Zetor if you maybe were to trade your own in even? Regans in Roscommon might have something and arnt to bad to talk to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Put whatever money you were going to spend on this into a second hand tractor from Massey, New Holland, John Deere, or there's good value to be had with Case.

get the best you can find and you'll be a lot better off in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

That tractor (NX5010C) is 50Hp and weighs 1992Kg, under 2 tonne.
    http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/007/4/9/7495-kioti-nx5010-dimensions.html

They're an unproven tractor here too, so bit of a gamble buying one. They could turn out to be a good buy, but you never know. Kubota were in a similar position here a few years ago and now they have gone up a lot in sales price, with a lot of happy customers.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Was down in Cork buying a trailer off a lad in August. And he had a kioti 55hp 4wd tractoe. Small compact job. He said he was very happy with it.

Also know a lad with a kioti rtv (quad with roof and pick up). He has it a year. Lad on twitter

But for 16k would you not pick up a half decent 4wd and loader. Maybe a landini, Ursus , deutz , case, same is big down you area. Pick up 100hp and loader easy. Keep good eye on donedeal and don’t be afraid to travel north or south. It’s only 350e to move a tractor length of country.

6s3UKzLh.png?1

Ye are forgetting I know nothing about them so wouldn't know if I was buying shíte tbh!
    First thing we're doing in the NY is going to the chap we got the Zetor off back in '95 (if he's still open lol) and see his range. But if we were to buy new I'd like to have arrange to check out if you get my drift.
    It's going to be one used for quite some time so there'll be a lot of thought put into it, also means I'll have to learn about tractors....arse.

Start looking on donedeal and seeing what’s out there. Put 10-20k in the search brackets. Some good clean tractors and bring a mechcanic when you have something sourced.

Buy a tractor and loader. Be mad not to.
    Will you keep the zetor or sell it
    Ye are forgetting I know nothing about them so wouldn't know if I was buying shíte tbh!
    First thing we're doing in the NY is going to the chap we got the Zetor off back in '95 (if he's still open lol) and see his range. But if we were to buy new I'd like to have arrange to check out if you get my drift.
    It's going to be one used for quite some time so there'll be a lot of thought put into it, also means I'll have to learn about tractors....arse.

• Advertisement

Most decent dealers will give out a tractor for a couple of days and see what you think of them.

But that yoke there wont lift a round bale of silage, look at there website alone shows it lifting a very very small bale of straw, narrow wheels on them also so if you were in wet ground etc you would be sitting in the mud.

That's why I was asking about them, had never heard of the make before and stockist is up in Louth so if it wasn't worth the drive there's no point looking at them.
    Honestly don't know if I'd need a loader Lakill, we've never had one and have managed fine, be pressed to think of what we'd use it for bar stacking bales 2 high & we have a spare area that holds 100+ which is all we need.

That's why I was asking about them, had never heard of the make before and stockist is up in Louth so if it wasn't worth the drive there's no point looking at them.
    Honestly don't know if I'd need a loader Lakill, we've never had one and have managed fine, be pressed to think of what we'd use it for bar stacking bales 2 high & we have a spare area that holds 100+ which is all we need.

Talk to malone on twitter . He bought his kioti in ardee

I was like you , saying why would I need a loader. But 2nd hand it will only cost 2/3k more than the same tractoe without it. And Wear and tear wouldn’t be much extra.

I don’t know how I ever managed without a loader.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mancity1

in the pic above the lift capacity is stated at 1605kg would this be sufficent to lift a round silage bale with out tractor been up in the air?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

I'm no tractor nut either but there an necessity I suppose.
    I have to agree with lakill, the tractor here is nothing fancy but gets through some amount of work. It's something like the pic I've attached. What would you use a loader for? Everything. A tractor without a loader is only half a tractor. They really are so handy once you get used to um.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    I'm no tractor nut either but there an necessity I suppose.
    I have to agree with lakill, the tractor here is nothing fancy but gets through some amount of work. It's something like the pic I've attached. What would you use a loader for? Everything. A tractor without a loader is only half a tractor. They really are so handy once you get used to um.

Totally agree, something that isn't fancy would do and would do very well seeing as it's used for so little work here. We've just had the same Zetor since 97 so we're a bit 'stockholm-syndromed!'
    Seriously though, the only thing I can think of us using a loader for is cleaning out the calving pens and being something else that I'll probably break :p

Yesterday only thing was stacking bales 2 high.

Now cleaning out calving pens

In 3 years the loader hasn’t being off my tractor. Used 60% of time of time tractor is going.

Also get the hook arms not the old standard ones. And if you can a way of lifting the lift arms from outside.

Totally agree, something that isn't fancy would do and would do very well seeing as it's used for so little work here. We've just had the same Zetor since 97 so we're a bit 'stockholm-syndromed!'
    Seriously though, the only thing I can think of us using a loader for is cleaning out the calving pens and being something else that I'll probably break :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Yesterday only thing was stacking bales 2 high.

Now cleaning out calving pens

In 3 years the loader hasn’t being off my tractor. Used 60% of time of time tractor is going.

Also get the hook arms not the old standard ones. And if you can a way of lifting the lift arms from outside.

Loader is grand. Only a few k more for it . then you have to buy bale handler,bucket,pallet forks . all adds up and then wear on front axle especially smaller tractors

Ya I hear ya. But hey times change!
    I've a neighbour 70 odd years old that is always popping over to borrow the tractor for jobs the 2 main jobs always were 1 feeding bales (that his own tractor wouldn't lift) and pulling poles. He bought a Ford with a front loader this year finally convinced of there usefulness.
    There great for feeding bales and breaking up bales.
    Stacking straw.
    Carrying timber
    Extra height.
    Clearing branches.
    Lifting down cows.
    Lifting anything heavy around the yard.
    Lifting the quad outta holes.
    Lifting machinery to get at it.
    Pushing up silage.
    Lifting cows outta boggy spots( you have experience there iirc)

Yere probably feeding the bales with a spike on the back of the zetor, if all you did with it was feed bales then you'd see they make sense.

Christ I sound like I'm trying to sell one to you, but seriously there a good job. We have a handy quicke 2300 loader on ours. It's a grand tidy loader that doesn't block your view like one of those gigantic rossmore loaders.

You be plenty of time to look around anyway.

Ya I hear ya. But hey times change!
    I've a neighbour 70 odd years old that is always popping over to borrow the tractor for jobs the 2 main jobs always were 1 feeding bales (that his own tractor wouldn't lift) and pulling poles. He bought a Ford with a front loader this year finally convinced of there usefulness.
    There great for feeding bales and breaking up bales.- So is a graipe and a Karen :D
    Stacking straw.- 2 bales max is about all we use per calving season.
    Carrying timber- To where? Fencing posts on back of quad/tractor box & vintage tractor if we need a light terrain vehicle lol.
    Extra height.- Am confused by this one, for what, picking apples?
    Clearing branches.- Ladder, when it's not being used to block weanlings jumping :P
    Lifting down cows.- Rare occasion here, only had one in last 5yrs,
    Lifting anything heavy around the yard.- ......tractor. Actually don't really have anything heavy in the yard, bar meself :D
    Lifting the quad outta holes. 1Zetor does/has done this.
    Lifting machinery to get at it.- That's what the mechanic is for, also blocks to balance things on.
    Pushing up silage.- See answer No 1
    Lifting cows outta boggy spots( you have experience there iirc) We don't lift, we drag!

Yere probably feeding the bales with a spike on the back of the zetor, if all you did with it was feed bales then you'd see they make sense.

Christ I sound like I'm trying to sell one to you, but seriously there a good job. We have a handy quicke 2300 loader on ours. It's a grand tidy loader that doesn't block your view like one of those gigantic rossmore loaders.

You be plenty of time to look around anyway.

Yep we feed with a spike, line up three bales, one at each pen, then fork out. Tbh, it keeps me fit as well while Dad takes the lazy way out & ad lib feeds. Anything mentioned above that we'd need it for would be very occasional and we'd just get my cousins or uncles with their massive tractors (contract folk) to do it.

• Advertisement

Loader is grand. Only a few k more for it . then you have to buy bale handler,bucket,pallet forks . all adds up and then wear on front axle especially smaller tractors

Bucket and spike is a good start.

Then add to the collection over time. Haven’t had powerbox. On tractor in 3 years.

Yep we feed with a spike, line up three bales, one at each pen, then fork out. Tbh, it keeps me fit as well while Dad takes the lazy way out & ad lib feeds. Anything mentioned above that we'd need it for would be very occasional and we'd just get my cousins or uncles with their massive tractors (contract folk) to do it.

Fair enough, I had an explanation/counter argument for each of your highlighted points, and i should have explained afew of um better aswell. but I digress.

What do you even need a tractor for anyway? I'm sure with the proper application of a few ratchet straps you could pull them up to the barriers. Better still, cut the bales where they stand and barrow the silage to um.

Fair enough, I had an explanation/counter argument for each of your highlighted points, and i should have explained afew of um better aswell. but I digress.

What do you even need a tractor for anyway? I'm sure with the proper application of a few ratchet straps you could pull them up to the barriers. Better still, cut the bales where they stand and barrow the silage to um.

Sarcasm doesn't become you Titanium! I was only jesting with you on a few points and I can see how it would be useful on bigger farms. But I just can't justify the extra cost for the usage I'd see it getting.

Sarcasm doesn't become you Titanium! I was only jesting with you on a few points and I can see how it would be useful on bigger farms. But I just can't justify the extra cost for the usage I'd see it getting.

Ah im only having the craic myself.
    At the end of the day nobody knows a farm like the man or woman working it. By the way I meant to ask you how that quad mulcher got on on the heavy rushes? Recommend yes/no?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We’re very small scale but have used a loader for last 30 years. Can’t imagine not having one.
    I can’t lift or maul anything so the loader is a godsend, two lifting straps and it handles everything that’s to be lifted.

Don’t underestimate how useful it is to have one, even on a small farm.

Ah im only having the craic myself.
    At the end of the day nobody knows a farm like the man or woman working it. By the way I meant to ask you how that quad mulcher got on on the heavy rushes? Recommend yes/no?

Definite recommend, though can't see us living(well, dad living anyway) without the quad now. Mulcher is great for all the spots that we couldn't get to for the last 15yrs or so with the tractor :o Seems to be less regrowth in the areas too! All got a once over when we got it and heavier got 2 cuts, just waiting on a dry day now to go out with the licker and give them a good final blast before spring.
    It's a bit heavy on fuel though but can't complain how it leaves a field looking.

What'd be the main thing you'd use a loader for now Brian, that you'd have done manually before?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I'd fully agree on the loader. It's when you have one that you'll wonder how you managed all along without one. If only to save on your back from lifting, they are worth it.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

Well LH did you see the kioti in the flesh yet so to speak?

I'd agree with everyone on this thread that a tractor with a loader is a necessity.
    Can't believe I said that now in this day and age. But sure anyway.

I bet when you go to price that kioti it'll be a lot dearer than the price quoted in the paper. Ring up first for a price before traveling if the journey will be out of your way.

Your best bet imo is to get a case, mf, nh second-hand with a loader. And you will get good ones for your budget. Keep an eye out on DD. I'd imagine you won't have a big lot of work for it so a good clean one should last a long time.

Amazed at all the people that would recommend a front loader. Farming a long time here without one and the majority of farms around don't have a front loader. (Big and small sized farms)
    The dairy men would have a teleporter in more recent years or a JCB digger but that's only for to fill a diet feeder since they came into play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

A front loader is a far more useful tool than a quad imo

If I was you Haywire I would be looking for something very similar to what Titanium posted - in fact I would say that is perfect for what it sounds like you need

Advertisement