Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Get an extra £5 when you Top Up £25 or more

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Apologies if this sounds stuipd, but I'm not a regular user of Amazon.

I never actually signed up for this deal for 2 reasons. I wanted something on Amazon, but it seems like it is not actually been sold by Amazon, but rather another company.

Secondly, the item I wanted was out of stock and only back in today!

So am I right in saying, my free credit would not get applied to this order as it is not through amazon?

Lastly and not related to the offer, but you Amazon experts might advise me on this. I have 3 seperate prepaid Mastercards with €50 credit on each of them. I can merge them on one card, but it appears there is a merge fee of €5 per card so I won't bother with that.

I want to spend about £120 on Amazon. Can I just buy three seperate Amazon gift cards or something and merge them for free on the Amazon website? I would assume I wouldn't be able to split the payment over 3 cards.

Hope you guys can help

Sorry, one more thing. My cards are in € obviously, but everything is in £ on Amazon. how do I know what rate to use in order to upload the whole €50 on each card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Seve OB wrote: »

I never actually signed up for this deal for 2 reasons. I wanted something on Amazon, but it seems like it is not actually been sold by Amazon, but rather another company.

So am I right in saying, my free credit would not get applied to this order as it is not through amazon?

Lastly and not related to the offer, but you Amazon experts might advise me on this. I have 3 seperate prepaid Mastercards with €50 credit on each of them. I can merge them on one card, but it appears there is a merge fee of €5 per card so I won't bother with that.

I want to spend about £120 on Amazon. Can I just buy three seperate Amazon gift cards or something and merge them for free on the Amazon website? I would assume I wouldn't be able to split the payment over 3 cards.

Hope you guys can help

Sorry, one more thing. My cards are in € obviously, but everything is in £ on Amazon. how do I know what rate to use in order to upload the whole €50 on each card?

You can do exactly as you have said, if you buy three separate gift cards you can add them to your account and it will allow you to use the total balance of all 3 for one transaction. Before you hit the buy button amazon will give you the exchange rate they are using. Unfortunately it can be a bit favourable on their side from what I can remember.

dirtyden wrote: »
    Unfortunately it can be a bit favourable on their side from what I can remember.

no different to just making a purchase on the website though or would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Isnt there an option at check out to select whether to use the amazon exchange rate or your card rate ? (on phone at work so can't check!) Card rate is generally better

also this is an offer to TOP UP your own account by any amount over 25 so be careful not to just buy gift cards or you won't get the bonus

123654789 wrote: »
    Isnt there an option at check out to select whether to use the amazon exchange rate or your card rate ? (on phone at work so can't check!) Card rate is generally better

also this is an offer to TOP UP your own account by any amount over 25 so be careful not to just buy gift cards or you won't get the bonus

yes, get you now, many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

Great stuff... that link is still working... 5 pound saved on one of my many recent purchases

Just to update. I just stuck £40 on each of those cards. Got my free £5 to leave me with £125 in my account. Item including shipping was £128.95. Despite my item being sold by someone other than Amazon, they still applied my full £125 account balance against the item so I just had to pay £3.95.

Happy days, thanks a bunch OP for the offer and to you other lads for clearing up my questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Seve OB wrote: »

Hope you guys can help

Get a Revolut account/card and top it up. You can the top up your Amazon account. No need to buy gift cards. Revolut will charge you 1% for topping up with a credit card.

Wheety wrote: »
    Get a Revolut account/card and top it up. You can the top up your Amazon account. No need to buy gift cards. Revolut will charge you 1% for topping up with a credit card.

you obviously didnt bother reading my following posts. I'm sorted now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just tried this now, topped up with £25, got an email to confirm an extra £5. Thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I topped up 3 x £25 separately.
    1st - I didn't 'Click to register for top up reward' - my bad therefore no £5 bonus.
    2nd - I did 'Click to register for top up reward' and got the £5 bonus.
    3rd - I did 'Click to register for top up reward' but did not get the £5 bonus.

Is there anyway to cancel the last topup and refund the 3rd £25 back to my card as I don't need to use it at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Ah well, will not go to waste.

I was reading the 'Xiaomi Yi dashcam - €44 to your door' along with this thread and got me wires (threads) crossed. :o:o:o
    d31b0y wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057800125
    The link is in that thread.

Seems to be working for me multiple times, though I haven't gone through and topped up a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

zapata wrote: »
    I topped up 3 x £25 separately.
    1st - I didn't 'Click to register for top up reward' - my bad therefore no £5 bonus.
    2nd - I did 'Click to register for top up reward' and got the £5 bonus.
    3rd - I did 'Click to register for top up reward' but did not get the £5 bonus.

Is there anyway to cancel the last topup and refund the 3rd £25 back to my card as I don't need to use it at the moment?

Would you be eligible for this promo too:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104908264&postcount=1

Buy £30 giftcard, get £6. Use your account funds.

If so send the gift card by email to yourself.

I was eligible for the two offers but I'm relatively new to Amazon.

Dang, that is valid for me, missed out on a second freebie there :(

Fair play to you. Will check next 48hours. :)
    From Amazon:
    'We'll automatically apply the £6 promotional code to your account and confirm by e-mail within 48 hours after your gift card order has been dispatched.
    The £6 promotional code can be spent on eligible products sold by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk until 14 January 2018. See Terms and Conditions of the Promotion below for more details.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Could you set up a new account and get this top up offer and then send your original account the £30 as a gift card? Sorry if this has been asked.

Will probably not work if you have the same credit card though?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Could you set up a new account and get this top up offer and then send your original account the £30 as a gift card? Sorry if this has been asked.

Will probably not work if you have the same credit card though?

It won't allow purchase of gift cards.

It won't allow purchase of gift cards.

You can send the giftcard one to your self though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You can send the giftcard one to your self though?

It won't allow you use the €30 balance against purchase of gift cards but of course you can buy cards and send to yourself or anyone you would like.

zapata wrote: »
    Fair play to you. Will check next 48hours. :)
    From Amazon:
    'We'll automatically apply the £6 promotional code to your account and confirm by e-mail within 48 hours after your gift card order has been dispatched.
    The £6 promotional code can be spent on eligible products sold by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk until 14 January 2018. See Terms and Conditions of the Promotion below for more details.'

Did you get this email straight away? I clicked on the button for the promotion and got the message "You have already registered for this promotion. Please proceed with the step below."

Went through and ordered a gift card of £30 and sent it to myself.

Did not receive the email about the promo code yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

It says up to 48 hours fro the £6 to come through. I'm also waiting, will let you know when/if I get mine.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

It says up to 48 hours fro the £6 to come through. I'm also waiting, will let you know when/if I get mine.

Got an email saying my £6 has arrived :)

Did you get this email straight away? I clicked on the button for the promotion and got the message "You have already registered for this promotion. Please proceed with the step below."
    Went through and ordered a gift card of £30 and sent it to myself.
    Did not receive the email about the promo code yet.

Got email an hour ago.

'Thank you for purchasing an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card. You have qualified for a £6 promotional code, which has been automatically applied to your account and can be used on eligible products sold by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk.

The promotional reward must be used by 15 January 2018. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.'

Hmm - I checked my gift card account balance and it hasn't been reflected in my balance. If I click on "more information" in the confirmation email it takes me to a page stating I'm not eligible for the promotion.

Methinks a letter to Amazon customer service is in order :/

I've been on the online chat with an Amazon representative - turns out it was a misunderstanding by myself, the promotional credit does not appear in the gift card balance.

Instead the 6 pounds gets taken off eligible (Amazon) items at the dispatch page - confirmed it myself when I tried made a mock Amazon product order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Not my day....

Link took me to the correct page, but I failed to press " Step 1: click the link to register ".

For stupids like myself, it allows you to top up before you register for it. Handy ;)

You might be able to get a refund and do it again - or at least explain to a customer service rep about it and see if they are willing to give you the top up anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

My £6 email just came through too. Thanks to the op of this thread and the other I saved £11 on something that was already the cheapest price I could find online.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement