Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kansas City Chiefs Thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

eagle eye wrote: »
    All talking about Mahomes but I think you should really be talking about Andy Reid. The Chiefs have been heading the right away since he got there.
    Mahomes is a great QB but Reid built the offense.

This.

And now he'll have Spags and Bieniemy added to his already incredible coaching tree, both of whom will undoubtedly secure HC jobs in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Where do we go from here?

Mahomes needs to get paid - hopefully he won't bleed the cap ala Brady and allow us to give him some toys to play with - he'll be coining it in from endorsements so no need to get greedy and he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who's like that either :)

We'll probably lose Chris Jones, and maybe save $14 million on Watkins.

Would love to see a proper RB1 like Bell brought in

Jones says he wants to stay for a decade and build a dynasty which is a nice sound bite but yeah, I’m worried about losing him.

If Watkins takes a significant pay cut then I’d like him to stay, I think he’s had 450 yards in playoff games for the Chiefs which isn’t too shabby and he made a couple of big plays yesterday. Loved seeing him beat Sherman off the line in the last quarter.

Running back by committee has done well all things considered but it’ll be interesting to see where they go from here.

Tying Jones down is crucial, although Fuller and Breeland are gonna hit the market

I've decided that Tyrann Mathieu is my team MVP for the season, what a pick up he turned out to be both in terms of his play and his influence on the locker room. Had his problems at LSU and suffered two ACL injuries but overcame it all and was a monster this year, love the man.

Frank the Tank for me

Juan Thornhill or Mecole rookie MVP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Well done lads, little late to the party but was traveling . Terrific performance overall and the better team won in the end.

Best team in the NFL with the best player, although I think Williams was robbed of the MVP Mahommes was quality when he needed to be.

Delighted for Andy Reid and the Honeybadger , what a season for him, quality player and leader.

Enjoy the glow of being Champions!

Trade up for Ruggs?

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Another weapon for Mahomes, RB out of LSU.

Gonna look great out of the backfield catching passes from PM

Has called behind Burrow all year

The consensus seems to be that it was a great draft for the Chiefs with some needs addressed. I'm only a casual college football watcher so have been encouraged by the reports I've read and listened to.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The consensus seems to be that it was a great draft for the Chiefs with some needs addressed. I'm only a casual college football watcher so have been encouraged by the reports I've read and listened to.

Really? C+ is the best draft grade I’ve seen

Not drafting someone to replace Fuller will bite us in the arse- cornerback has been a problem since Marcus Peters

Really? C+ is the best draft grade I’ve seen

Not drafting someone to replace Fuller will bite us in the arse- cornerback has been a problem since Marcus Peters

The Arrowhead Pride podcasts have been glowing for each round, no less than a B for the draft overall with a few As in there too. Those guys tend to be very knowledgeable about anything Chiefs related and they do extensive work on the draft.

And I had a read of this, for example - 2020 NFL Draft: Final quick-snap grades for all 32 teams
    Day 1 grade: A-
    Day 2 grade: B
    Day 3 grade: B
    Overall grade: B+

But hey, we'll see come training camp who impresses and makes the roster.

The Arrowhead Pride podcasts have been glowing for each round, no less than a B for the draft overall with a few As in there too. Those guys tend to be very knowledgeable about anything Chiefs related and they do extensive work on the draft.

And I had a read of this, for example - 2020 NFL Draft: Final quick-snap grades for all 32 teams

Agreed.

If it's anywhere close to last years success rate we've done well - Hardman, Saunders, Thompson, Fenton and Thornhill could be starters for years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

A lot of sites are reluctant to give anything less than a B due to the fact that every year, people talk about how Bleacher Report gave the Seahawks an F for the Russell Wilson / Bruce Irvin / Bobby Wagner draft. They get ridiculed on an annual basis and no one wants to leave themselves open to that anymore.

Dustin Colquitt is released after 15 years. Makes sense from a cap perspective but I'm sad to see him go, a great servant. Delighted he got that ring.

I think Dallas won the draft. The twats

Might as well bump the thread, a LOT has happened since the last post 😁

A few offseason moves being made with the three-peat in mind. Happy with Hollywood Brown on a one-year deal, Jones is locked up, and Willie Gay is the only real annoying departure so far. But Drue Tranquill's season reduces the impact of that significantly.

Keen for the season already, only six months to go!

Advertisement