Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kansas City Chiefs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Question for Chiefs fans. How does it feel to have Patrick Mahomes.

I've been a Chiefs fan since 1996 and I'm still coming to terms with having a genuine superstar in our midst. The Chiefs have had great players but they're in an unfashionable market so have never had attention to this level. Madden cover star, the face of Oakley, one of the highest selling jerseys etc. I'm loving every minute of it, and he seems like a really nice bloke too.

On the field, I'm terrified of an injury because this team is built to win now but there's nothing behind him in the QB room. As mentioned, he's changing the game every week and his numbers are off the charts. Reid has given him an amazing supporting cast to work with so the sceptic in me is just waiting for *something* to go wrong. Having said that, I thought that losing Kareem Hunt was a disaster and was certain Tyreek Hill was gone in the offseason but here we are.

It's an exciting time and I'm delighted that my first trip to Arrowhead was last season just as Mahomes got his feet under the table! And I say all that as someone who wasn't sure whether moving on from Alex Smith was the right thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Just reading both your posts I can actually sense the excitement.

As a redskins fan its been forever since I've had that feeling. Dwayne Haskins could be the player to bring it back though, hopefully. Never felt it ever with Cousins, although now that I'm talking about it RGIII did bring a bit of magic with him that first season.

I agree with what you guys are saying as well he hasnt had it easy personnel wise with the injuries and off field stuff but he just keeps going. He is unreal. like you said there the redzone for the chiefs is literally the halfway line. Which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Just reading both your posts I can actually sense the excitement.

As a redskins fan its been forever since I've had that feeling. Dwayne Haskins could be the player to bring it back though, hopefully. Never felt it ever with Cousins, although now that I'm talking about it RGIII did bring a bit of magic with him that first season.

I agree with what you guys are saying as well he hasnt had it easy personnel wise with the injuries and off field stuff but he just keeps going. He is unreal. like you said there the redzone for the chiefs is literally the halfway line. Which is ridiculous.

Such a shame about Smudger, he was adored at KC and I'm 100% convinced as is every Chiefs fan that Mahomes wouldn't have developed like he has if he didn't get to sit behind Smith for a year - the tutelage will have been invaluable.

I imagine it would have been similar for Haskins.

Anyways, best of luck for the remainder of the season - would love to see you go on a run and sneak into the P/O's

Matt Stafford a doubt for the Lions game

Massive learning curve for PM last night - glad he got through it

• Advertisement

Huge win psychologically in the sense that it was a win that had to be grinded out, it'll stand them in good stead.

It was a 'bad' game for Mahomes yet he still threw for a sh*tload of yards, used his legs well, and led a game winning drive. I'll take that for 4-0.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Huge win psychologically in the sense that it was a win that had to be grinded out, it'll stand them in good stead.

It was a 'bad' game for Mahomes yet he still threw for a sh*tload of yards, used his legs well, and led a game winning drive. I'll take that for 4-0.

Good teams lose that game

Great teams win it

Another big win over a good team. Moore has done well but having Watkins back and an unplayable Hill is going to make any QB's job a lot easier. Getting Wylie and Jones into the mix again made a difference, hopefully Mahomes and Fisher are next up.

The Chiefs only have one game left against a team with a winning record so a combination of a nice schedule and the return of some big players is something to look forward to now after a rough month.

A very satisfying beat down of the Raiders, and it was nice to see Darwin Thompson getting some reps late on. He grew in confidence and will be buzzing to get his first TD.

The blocked extra point and run back at the end was icing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Very fun win, great to see the defense clicking like that. Big game upcoming this weekend vs NE in Foxboro

Have been wanting them to use Thompson more, apparently the issue was his pass blocking but he looks so much more dynamic versus the other backs I think we need to see him mixed in more.

Also, Hardman should be used more as well. Fun guy to watch

• Advertisement

Routine win against Grudens band of merry losers- I really wouldn’t read anything into it.

Still zero confidence in our Run D or running it on Offense- McCoy/Williams/Williams/Thompson seem like jacks of all trades but masters of none and the Kareem Hunt void is still there

How good does it feel this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

giphy.gif

Smells so good, and in the fashion it was done.

I got up at 4am before work to watch and considered going back to bed after the first quarter. But this team is different to the Chiefs teams that have choked in the past. No Jones or Thornhill yet the likes of Sorensen and Clark stepped up with some monster plays when needed.

And the offense...we're blessed to have 10 to 15 years of Mahomes ahead of us, what a man. Kelce couldn't have recovered any better from that early drop and Williams, as Andy Reid would say, did a nice job.

There really won't be a much better chance to go all the way now that there's home field advantage next weekend.

That dribbler Scott Zolak's tears were just the icing on the cake.

https://twitter.com/scottzolak/status/1216457259611557888

https://twitter.com/scottzolak/status/1216454735487819776

https://twitter.com/scottzolak/status/1216460230067920897

What gets right on my tits is everyone goes on about us being this offensive juggernaut with star receivers and backs

We’ve actually a backfield committee of bang average RB’s in Shady, Williams and the unproven Thompson and perpetually injured Darrell Wliiams who didn’t get into the top 50 stats wise, a 5th round pick in Cheetah, receivers like D-Rob and Sammy who blow hot and cold, a first year rookie in Hardman who’s mainly been used as a punt returner, which leaves us with a Kelce who is just a freak.

Big Red deserves ALL the credit for making it come together

As for PM15- what can you say? We are so blessed to have him

Never in doubt! :D

Patrick Mahomes, what a man. That bomb to Sammy Watkins on 3rd and 6 had me shaking my head and laughing at the same time. And the TD run in the first half needs no comment.

Can't believe I'm going to see the Chiefs at the big dance, it's been a long and sometimes painful 24 years supporting them but worth it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Patrick Mahomes, what a man. That bomb to Sammy Watkins on 3rd and 6 had me shaking my head and laughing at the same time. And the TD run in the first half needs no comment.

Can't believe I'm going to see the Chiefs at the big dance, it's been a long and sometimes painful 24 years supporting them but worth it now.
    Congrats xavi hope ye win it especially if ye are against the pack

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Can't believe I'm going to see the Chiefs at the big dance, it's been a long and sometimes wpainful 24 years supporting them but worth it now.

Congrats.

Even as a division rival I hope you win it out.

In fairness the tackling on Pat was piss poor

Been an unreal season though. You can see how much love everyone in the NFL has for Big Red, I would LOVE US to do it for him.

As an aside, Clark Hunt looks like he could melt, he's had some serious work done

In fairness the tackling on Pat was piss poor

Been an unreal season though. You can see how much love everyone in the NFL has for Big Red, I would LOVE US to do it for him.

As an aside, Clark Hunt looks like he could melt, he's had some serious work done

I have never gotten over the fact that a family with the surname Hunt gave their son a name that ends in a hard "K" sound.

It's as bad as ex-Dublin great Denis Bastick.

• Advertisement

I have never gotten over the fact that a family with the surname Hunt gave their son a name that ends in a hard "K" sound.

It's as bad as ex-Dublin great Denis Bastick.

Yanks don’t really use **** as an insult though do they? Plus it looks like those Hunts live in one Kardashian like bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

I am so happy right now!! I screamed with joy as they wore down the clock and surely woke up my entire apartment block.

So many times I thought we wouldn't be able to break their defense, and their running game was so impressive.

Delighted for Reid and the whole team. I'm exhausted!!

Even as a Bronco I cheered you guys on so hard. Enjoy it. It's the best feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Congrats all here. I would say that I hope we get to rematch in the Super Bowl in the near future but I want to avoid playing against Mahomes as much as possible.

I don't think it's fully sunk in yet, even though I've spent the day listening to Chiefs and Super Bowl related podcasts and watching replays of all the big moment.

What Mahomes has brought to Kansas City as whole, never mind just the football team, cannot be understated. A run of the mill franchise has been transformed in two seasons thanks to a genuine sports superstar. And we could have another 15 years of him to look forward to, that's just as exciting as today's win.

Where do we go from here?

Mahomes needs to get paid - hopefully he won't bleed the cap ala Brady and allow us to give him some toys to play with - he'll be coining it in from endorsements so no need to get greedy and he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who's like that either :)

We'll probably lose Chris Jones, and maybe save $14 million on Watkins.

Would love to see a proper RB1 like Bell brought in

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Will they be parading the trophy around the great state of Kansas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Will they be parading the trophy around the great state of Kansas ?

Not unless they plan on bringing it around Missouri, where they play, first!

Congrats on the win lads.

Not unless they plan on bringing it around Missouri, where they play, first!

Congrats on the win lads.

You didn't see Trump's tweet then?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/juliareinstein/super-bowl-trump-tweet-kansas-missouri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All talking about Mahomes but I think you should really be talking about Andy Reid. The Chiefs have been heading the right away since he got there.
    Mahomes is a great QB but Reid built the offense.

Advertisement