Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm coming

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Put the bike against the wall and reversed the micra up to it, but honestly this is probably over-doing it. Its not even windy ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Its not even windy ffs
    Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Woman killed near me when a tree fell on her car.
    Roof came off a building in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Soldier here so not going in isn't an option, and work is never cancelled.

I fit my sons bike down the side entrance where its sheltered but had to put mine up against my house wall.

My cars are out on the green because a tree outside my house has snapped in half and is threatening to go completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Tis calm and peacefull where i am.
    Im in the garden having a nice cuppa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,249 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Did everyones bike survive? Thanks to this thread for reminding me to take the cover off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Cienciano wrote: »
    Did everyones bike survive? Thanks to this thread for reminding me to take the cover off.
    Mine is fine so far, but the wind has picked up again in the last hour. I echo your thanks for the cover removal suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I sacrificed our lawnmower for the bike, the mower is tucked in between a wall and bins, bike is locked up in the shed. Our fence, gate and 2 trees didn't make it. Gotta get the fence sorted before the dogs come back from the kennels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Bike is fine. I'll give it a wipe down later, oil the chain and put the cover back on. Can't see myself going out on it today. Too much risk of debris. Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Bike is fine. I'll give it a wipe down later, oil the chain and put the cover back on. Can't see myself going out on it today. Too much risk of debris. Tomorrow.

Go for a spin 1st,then oil your chain the minute you get back. A Warm chain soaks in the oil better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Go for a spin 1st,then oil your chain the minute you get back. A Warm chain soaks in the oil better.

..or use a hot air gun...only needs to be warm..not hot..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Bike survived fine, I moved the bins out of the way and put the bike right up against the wall on the centre stand. Didn't budge at all, but I'm damn happy people said to take the cover off of it.

Drove in to work today, all seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

All okay here. Rode in this morning, it's getting chilly again.

Saying that, my bike is really dirty since the storm. I can't see through the grime in the mirrors. I'll be washing it this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Cian_ok wrote: »
    All okay here. Rode in this morning, it's getting chilly again.

Saying that, my bike is really dirty since the storm. I can't see through the grime in the mirrors. I'll be washing it this weekend.

Same as. Was surprised with the crap that was on mine. A good wash before the next storm lands ... rinse and repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

blade1 wrote: »

We are lucky the storm dropped very little rain. Wind is bad enough, but it's high water that really does the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Glad everyone stayed safe, you can't be too careful. 3 Dead and two of those were travelling.
    Only just got the power back on after 28hrs still no mobile service and landlines down as well.
    Windows covered in salt and I am 3km from the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »

F**k sake just copped I know the woman that died.
    Didn't know her name before now but bumped into her regularly.
    She surprised me one day when she started admiring my bike and I told her I'll bring her for a spin sometime.:(

Advertisement