Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Litecoin Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

it was €50 2 months ago though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LiteCash

What are peoples opinions on the current climb. Dead cat bounce or recovery?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

LiteCash wrote: »
    What are peoples opinions on the current climb. Dead cat bounce or recovery?

recovery, probably to ~200€ again eventually, it'll go back up then again once the money that left for Chinese new year comes back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

I've noticed that crypto tends to go crazy during major holidays, we all know what happened during December but I can also remember crypto doing really well last summer too, maybe because people have more time to spare. Thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

its awesome, litecoin will recover and keep going up , at least I hope anyway! have been a longtime holder of this coin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/954803037964443648

Partnership?..anyone any idea as pretty cryptic

If so....

Partnership?..anyone any idea as pretty cryptic

Sweet mother of God, if Charlie pulls this off...

Sweet mother of God, if Charlie pulls this off...

Pure speculation on my behalf btw. - same as the majority I suppose but it's a weird tweet

Pure speculation on my behalf btw. - same as the majority I suppose but it's a weird tweet

Honestly I doubt it means anything, but one can always dream!

• Advertisement

HUGE Litecoin announcement – ‘gamechanger’ LitePay to launch in days/
    The Litecoin Foundation announced LitePay just before Christmas – but the actual launch of the product is expected this week.

LitePay takes Litecoin out of the cyber realm and places it squarely in real life by allowing businesses to accept payment in Litecoin from anywhere on earth.

Transactions will be super-fast and allow UK-based customers to pay for products and services in dollars with no transaction charges.

A Litecoin wallet will also be available for all major mobile and desktop browsers and instant withdrawals from VISA compatible ATMs and spend with any VISA merchant will be possible

With ETH and BTC dropping , LTC is doing very well today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Any of you take advantage of the cheap price Friday morning?

Truckermal wrote: »
    Any of you take advantage of the cheap price Friday morning?

Yup , I considered it severely undervalued and bough a nice chunk to bring my avg price down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

I exchanged mine for Eth as that seemed to be decaying slower the past few weeks. FML

Litepay confirms release date of February 26th

Big Stuff!
    It'll allow businesses to be able to accept the cryptocurrency without worrying about price volatility.
    The transaction processor allows UK-based customers to pay for products and services in dollars with a flat transaction charge of one percent.

https://twitter.com/LitePayInc/status/963245378618343424?s=20
    https://themarketmogul.com/litepay-ltc-payment-app/
    By making payment nearly instantaneously, LitePay is set to make LiteCoin a crypto with mass utility, rather than a speculative asset.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

How would shops not be worried about price volatility though ?

They import a car for 10k.

Sell it to me for 11k using litecoin. They get the litecoin instantly.

When it comes time to settle their accounts at the end of the month litecoin has fallen 50%...

Only works if they instantly turn litecoin into fiat? Seems pointless fees

How would shops not be worried about price volatility though ?

Only works if they instantly turn litecoin into fiat? Seems pointless fees

That's exactly what happens.
    Fee is locked at 1%, which is 2% lower than paypal...

How are people feeling about LTC at the moment?? It's been quite stable over the last week or so, it seems that at long last, we might be out of that downtrend (Don't want to jinx it though). Not only that, but we've actually strengthened relative to BTC over the last few weeks which is always a good sign.

papu wrote: »
    That's exactly what happens.
    Fee is locked at 1%, which is 2% lower than paypal...

What about times of massive selling??

Wow! Litecoin has most definitely broken out!

• Advertisement

Reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

I think it may be the news on Litepay.

See here for info.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,784 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I went to buy €100 worth of Crypto yesterday as my first dip into the world. Was hovering between Litecoin and Ethereum. Couldn't decide and held off and do a little more research.

I see today Litecoin is starting to climb quite quickly now so maybe I should have jumped yesterday :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I went to buy €100 worth of Crypto yesterday as my first dip into the world. Was hovering between Litecoin and Ethereum. Couldn't decide and held off and do a little more research.

I see today Litecoin is starting to climb quite quickly now so maybe I should have jumped yesterday :pac:

It's crypto world. Every time you buy they'll instantly dip.

When you don't buy they rise.

Enjoy the repeated bashing

• Registered Users Posts: 27,784 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's crypto world. Every time you buy they'll instantly dip.

When you don't buy they rise.

Enjoy the repeated bashing

Ah I'm going to leave the €100 there long term. Want to have about €500-€1000 invested by year end and let it ride out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭endainoz

Coming from someone that hasn't a clue about any of this stuff, is it too late to buy them now at this value?

endainoz wrote:
    Coming from someone that hasn't a clue about any of this stuff, is it too late to buy them now at this value?

Long term, ABSOLUTELY not.
    Short term, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

Just for the new people here, who are considering dipping their toe in the water for the first time.
    • Have a look at the sticky posts in this forum before you begin investing
    • Don't risk more than you can afford to lose, as the crypto market is extremely volatile and you could lose all of your money (or make a fortune !)
    • Consider spreading out across a few different crypto currencies, rather than putting all of your eggs in one basket.
    • Do some research on the currency you are considering investing in. There's plenty of information on many of the better known cryptos here on Boards, while there's endless information to be found across the web if you search on google etc.

.... Now, given this thread is for Litecoin, I'll apologise for the off topic post and return to Litecoin.....

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭endainoz

Thanks for the advice, was looking to put two or three hundred into it to see what would happen, seen as lite coin has gone up again, might wait to see if it goes down a bit again and then maybe buy. Gambling is fun!

• Advertisement

Comfortably over 200$ now!

Advertisement