Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Litecoin Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

-50% in 10 days.

These markets are wacko :eek: ... has there ever been an opportunity on any other markets like the past 3 weeks like we've seen on the cryptocurrency?

I would say there is a lot of people gonna having some Christmas this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

My major investment is in Litecoin. Good to see it recovering again, seen it hour back at 150 and now hitting 205.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,057 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

dan786 wrote: »
    My major investment is in Litecoin. Good to see it recovering again, seen it hour back at 150 and now hitting 200.

its been 240, 125 and now 190 all within the last 24 hours.

I've been stupidly trying to catch it and made a complete bags of it.:(:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Trying to buy LTC on coinbase while its low. Site had temporarily disabled purchases. It's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Autochange wrote: »
    Trying to buy LTC on coinbase while its low. Site had temporarily disabled purchases. It's a joke.

I concur.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Same here, looks like it's disabled for BTC and ETH too 😑 was hoping to get a bit more Litecoin while its dropped 🙄

Can anyone speculate as to why they would do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Can anyone speculate as to why they would do this?
    Massive liquidity problems. Fraud. Insufficient infrastructure.

Nah, kidding on all but the last one. They can't handle the recent surge in traffic. It is, unfortunately, a consequence of trying to play in an unregulated market such as crypto. Rewards can be great but so is the risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Just managed to buy some more Litecoin on Coinbase so seems to be intermittent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Cant get back in... what a time for GDAX to be down..

SB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,057 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Dammit.
    Really annoyed with myself.
    Wasted about 4k today trying to catch the falling knife coupled with FOMO.

Could have made double that by just selling at 240 and buying at 130...but oh no, I added in 5 more trades in the middle that eroded thousands and 15+ coins.

Gob****e. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

GreeBo wrote: »
    Dammit.
    Really annoyed with myself.
    Wasted about 4k today trying to catch the falling knife coupled with FOMO.

Could have made double that by just selling at 240 and buying at 130...but oh no, I added in 5 more trades in the middle that eroded thousands and 15+ coins.

Gob****e. :(

Don't dwell on it, "Could have made double that by just selling at 240 and buying at 130."

If it was that easy we'd all be at it

All cryptos booming again. Happy Christmas. 2018 going to be big for litecoin

Had been stable for the last day or so so I bought a bit more. Of course it took a big **** this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Had been stable for the last day or so so I bought a bit more. Of course it took a big **** this evening.

Yep and still falling!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Just a note for any newcomers; been holding litecoins for years, the market is unpredictable, we could easily expect more drops (watched it gradually drop 80% over years) However these drops were dwarfed by the takeoffs earlier this year and recently end of Nov, first half Dec.

Coins can go any direction, but when these gains hit they can be enormous. Essentially people who bought in the March-April rise took huge gains in the December rise. Anyone who has bought in December is waiting for the next rise.. it could happen in 2 weeks, it could happen in 2 years (or it could never happen). In any case, the key is always patience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

This thread was started mid October when the price was around 50/60 euro and not moving for months. It's now 200 euro.

This thread was started mid October when the price was around 50/60 euro and not moving for months. It's now 200 euro.

It will be back to 60 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Dohnjoe wrote:
    ....Coins can go any direction, but when these gains hit they can be enormous...... it could happen in 2 weeks, it could happen in 2 years (or it could never happen). In any case, the key is always patience.

... or don't put your money into the cryptos :)

Is it a better gamble than doing the Lotto, I've not worked out the odds but I'd imagine so, but it's still gambling :)

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    ... or don't put your money into the cryptos :)

Is it a better gamble than doing the Lotto, I've not worked out the odds but I'd imagine so, but it's still gambling :)

Anyone who has bought and held Bitcoins at any time in the last 7 years up until the middle of this month has made gains.

Likewise the average weekly lotto player would have made less on aggregate than someone regularly putting the same amount into cryptos over that period

Yeah they are both gambles. However one is a total gamble, whereas the other is far more calculated, with historical data and evidence influencing current patterns and gains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Prices/values should always be quoted in USD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

100% and I have brought this up before in the bitcoin thread. Quoting in anything other than USD only creates confusion and if you are on trading in that basis also it won't end well as all of the big buy/sell orders will be at the big round numbers and the points of support/resistance will be at USD prices. Same reason the likes oil/gold et c are only ever quoted in USD also.

This forum is the only place I have ever seen bitcoin or any cryptocurrencies discussed in terms of EUR.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Selik wrote: »
    This forum is the only place I have ever seen bitcoin or any cryptocurrencies discussed in terms of EUR.

An Irish forum where the currency is Euro? Mad isn't it

I think using either of the symbols or EUR/USD isn't an awful effort for anyone

An Irish forum where the currency is Euro? Mad isn't it

I think using either of the symbols or EUR/USD isn't an awful effort for anyone

You've missed the point entirely.

You've missed the point entirely.

I know what he meant in that the vast majority of the market trade from USD and most of the major price points and price walls are only relevant in USD, fact is that most people will look at any potential gains or losses in what's really relevant to us in Euro so I don't see the harm so long as it's labelled correctly

I know what he meant in that the vast majority of the market trade from USD and most of the major price points and price walls are only relevant in USD, fact is that most people will look at any potential gains or losses in what's really relevant to us in Euro so I don't see the harm so long as it's labelled correctly

But who is talking about gains or losses? None of us care whether Person Y made 500 euro or lost 250 yesterday.

The mutual interest of all of us is how the market moves and that means, for most coins, looking at it in dollar terms.

But who is talking about gains or losses? None of us care whether Person Y made 500 euro or lost 250 yesterday.

The mutual interest of all of us is how the market moves and that means, for most coins, looking at it in dollar terms.

Because that's what the market is? The price means either you gain or you lose

The price of BTC matters, do people say that Ripple is now worth 0.00009 BTC? So long as you're figuring out the price that matters to you it's all the same

Because that's what the market is? The price means either you gain or you lose

The price of BTC matters, do people say that Ripple is now worth 0.00009 BTC? So long as you're figuring out the price that matters to you it's all the same

The vast majority of trading, and therefore the buy and sell orders that can shift the price around so dramatically, are in USD. The big swinging mickey buy/sell walls are at major dollar milestones, not euro ones.

The vast majority of trading, and therefore the buy and sell orders that can shift the price around so dramatically, are in USD. The big swinging mickey buy/sell walls are at major dollar milestones, not euro ones.

Big Swinging Dicks - Micheal Lewis at Salomon bros ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

Let me know if you need help finding the € symbol :D

Advertisement