Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty | Black Ops 4 | News and Rumours!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,044 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well download started on my PS4, I believe you could download it earlier on Xbox and PC as well
    Also might be worth checking GameStop and Smyth's as Game in the UK, GameStop in the US have permission to sell hardcopies of the game from 6pm on Thursday and are supposed to be playable online once installed.
    Blackout section downloaded first that's 18GB. It now downloads the balance of the 51.5GB which contains the Zombies and Multiplayer elements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Well download started on my PS4, I believe you could download it earlier on Xbox and PC as well
    Also might be worth checking GameStop and Smyth's as Game in the UK, GameStop in the US have permission to sell hardcopies of the game from 6pm on Thursday and are supposed to be playable online once installed.
    Blackout section downloaded first that's 18GB. It now downloads the balance of the 51.5GB which contains the Zombies and Multiplayer elements

Yeah gamestop confirmed this alright, pickup from 6pm tomorrow!
    People saying that it wont be playable until 12, but surely they have to incrementally open the servers to deal with load?

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Yeah gamestop confirmed this alright, pickup from 6pm tomorrow!
    People saying that it wont be playable until 12, but surely they have to incrementally open the servers to deal with load?

Yes I'd say once you get hone and install the game and patch you will be online. I believe people who got the game early can now play Zombies in offline mode and MP private matches to check the maps that means all is needed is the servers to be switched on tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yes I'd say once you get hone and install the game and patch you will be online. I believe people who got the game early can now play Zombies in offline mode and MP private matches to check the maps that means all is needed is the servers to be switched on tomorrow afternoon.

I saw on twitter that they've disabled the easter eggs in zombies until official release day to prevent spoilers, pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

anyone know if Supervalu are selling this for €50 like they do sometimes?

I just got a reply from them on Facebook that the wont be stocking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

GBX wrote: »

It depends on what Supervalu it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

anyone know if Supervalu are selling this for €50 like they do sometimes?

found this online but thats it

https://www.facebook.com/SupervaluSutton/photos/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-released-12th-october-over-18s-only-only-4999svsutton-c/2043417062536905/

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭scottigael

Anyone know the price of the black ops pass or if its available on the day to buy? That remastered five is really tempting.

Also I have ps4 copy preorederd but was thinking of switching to Xbox one, have ps4 pro and Xbox one x and friends on both networks so not sure, Xbox one x will probably run better but ps4 has 7 days exclusivity which isn't that big a deal to me, anyone else in same situation?

R777B wrote: »
    It depends on what Supervalu it is

Must be up to each shop owner so. Given the majority are franchise based.

scottigael wrote: »
    Anyone know the price of the black ops pass or if its available on the day to buy? That remastered five is really tempting.

Also I have ps4 copy preorederd but was thinking of switching to Xbox one, have ps4 pro and Xbox one x and friends on both networks so not sure, Xbox one x will probably run better but ps4 has 7 days exclusivity which isn't that big a deal to me, anyone else in same situation?

go where most of your friends are I reckon.

• Advertisement

Servers online already apparently, whoever has a physical copy is good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

According to the Argos website BO4 is in stock now.

Anyone tried buying it there today?

I know Smyths are selling it (or maybe just letting people who preordered it collect it?) from 6PM this evening....Argos make a mistake?

It will be interesting to see how the servers cope at midnight and if they are any better then last year were you went into lobby queues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

What's the split screen set-up with this? Finding it next to impossible to find out what's actually supported.

So contrary to the reply I got from Supervalu, they now will sell Black Ops 4 tomorrow for €49.99 in selected stores list here :cool:

So contrary to the reply I got from Supervalu, they now will sell Black Ops 4 tomorrow for €49.99 in selected stores list here :cool:

Some stores are saying they'll sell them tonight at 6pm too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Supervalue selling games. What a time to be alive.

fixxxer wrote: »

Indeed :rolleyes: .. Not the first time they have done it and cheaper than other outlets.

They have been doing it for years on the big release titles like FIFA and COD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Question lads - Can I download this today so it's good to go when I get home tomorrow evening?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Question lads - Can I download this today so it's good to go when I get home tomorrow evening?

Yup, was downloadable since yesterday.

So if you buy it tonight in a shop...can you still only download it tonight and play tomorrow?

So if you buy it tonight in a shop...can you still only download it tonight and play tomorrow?

If you buy it in a shop and install it download the patch then you can playit when that finishes as lobbies are live. Digital download have to wait until midnight

Some shops are selling it at 6pm this evening.
    Game is playable as soon as it installs the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tesco selling it now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If you buy it in a shop and install it download the patch then you can playit when that finishes as lobbies are live. Digital download have to wait until midnight

I thinks its 5am launch time here. Its a worldwide launch so its not doing the midnight launch in each region.

I thinks its 5am launch time here. Its a worldwide launch so its not doing the midnight launch in each region.

Australia servers are live at the minute so It seems they might be good to go here at midnight after all?

Australia servers are live at the minute so It seems they might be good to go here at midnight after all?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

good old mary samsonite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

F1ngers wrote: »
    Some shops are selling it at 6pm this evening.
    Game is playable as soon as it installs the update.

So if you buy physical you get early access over the digital buyers like me... I’m not jealous I swear. Lol

Its currently 5.30am in New Zealand. So I am guessing they didn't get it at midnight.

*edit: they got it at midnight

The GameStop list of trade in games

Trying to figure out the cheapest combination

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

They had plenty at customer service in Supervalu Bray for anyone wondering.

One of the lads in party is playing the game now. He got his in Gamestop

• Advertisement

Threw it on there this morning to make sure that if there was any updates they’d be done by the time I was home.

Had a sneaky game of the regular multiplayer. It’s gonna take some time to get used to.

Saw a few people trying to boost jump which they obviously couldn’t. Was funny. I’m delighted it’s boots on the ground personally.

The TTK is very different. I’m not sure is that good or bad right now as I only played one game on silent so as not to wake the house.

But yeah only 3 kills and 24 deaths!! Lol. I suck.

That said I can not wait to get home. Buy a few cans and sit down for a few hours of multiplayer madness.

Enjoying MP a lot more than i thought.

I only played one game but I think the time to kill will be a huge change to mp.

In theory should make it a bit more tactical and when used to it more fun overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haven't followed the development or reception to the game at all and had no real interest in it until I saw it in Super-Valu for €50. Picked it up on impulse then, even if I don't get on with it, I can bring it to CEX and get the bulk of the money back for it.

So is the Battle Royale the same as the closed beta or have there been any big changes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

That healing up is absolute horse ****e imo.

Only had a few games of tdm so no real thoughts on game istself

• Advertisement

So is the Battle Royale the same as the closed beta or have there been any big changes?

Big change for me is tap square to pick up items instead of holding it.
    Don't try reloading while standing near an item. :pac::pac:

Only played a few games, so haven't noticed anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I already know the answer, but is there anyway to remotely download the day-one patch without having put the disc in my console? Would rather have it waiting to go when I get home than having to wait to download 50gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Picked it up in SuperValu this morning and used spend and save voucher
    Left it updating and should be good to go for this evening 49gb might take a while

The internet isn’t for everyone

Think I already know the answer, but is there anyway to remotely download the day-one patch without having put the disc in my console? Would rather have it waiting to go when I get home than having to wait to download 50gb.

Not as far as im aware, the disc will prompt the download unfortunately.
    Started the download at 6:15 yesterday, finished about 11pm last night :o

Dying to get home for a few games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Been playing all day so far (got it preloaded Wednesday/Thursday).

Zombies is great like I had expected with the custom mutations and the fact there are 4 maps at launch. Just dislike what they did to the perk system.

Multiplayer wise, I've been having a lot more fun with that than I would have thought before it. I'm already used to this time to kill and the new health system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,989 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Well took the plunge, bought it at dinner time, went home and started downloading the update. Not sure how long it will take, but it will realistically be tomorrow before I get to play it. What are your impressions of it ?

Really liking it so far. Over 10 hours of multiplayer so far. Mostly regular multiplayer with a portion of Blackout mode. Nice to have some maps from Blops 1 & 2 in the rotation.

If you buy the regular edition the Season pass is extra?

If you buy the regular edition the Season pass is extra?

It is.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It is.

I thought you couldn’t buy the season pass seperately. Was that not the whole buy now at €100 online debacle?

In other news I picked up a few beers for tonight’s festivities. Now if only I could ship the wife and kids somewhere while I have my fun. Lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement