Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Plays: Pokemon Emerald Signup

Options

Comments

thats what i'm thinking. try to beat the gym with the worst possible team to screw over the next person!! :P

but that'll probably take some of the enjoyment away so i think people will try to assemble a good team.

Could look ahead and see what the next gym's theme is e.g. Fire pokemon and construct a team of water mons

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

thats what i'm thinking. try to beat the gym with the worst possible team to screw over the next person!! :P

but that'll probably take some of the enjoyment away so i think people will try to assemble a good team.

You can also just take 15 minutes on the wiki followed by a quick hunt if you do get ****mons

I don't want to assign people starters but hopefully all three will be picked.

I am certainly planning to get some unconventional pokemon for whatever teams I'm part of.

I'm lost is this a collaborative operation or a **** each other over operation :D

Its more sabotage than ****ing each other over

Nah hopefully co-op but I'm expecting a few wild teams

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

You can also just take 15 minutes on the wiki followed by a quick hunt if you do get ****mons

I don't want to assign people starters but hopefully all three will be picked.

I am certainly planning to get some unconventional pokemon for whatever teams I'm part of.

havent done any research yet, but right now i would pick water cos i always picked squirtle :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Not long to go now!

Water is the easiest start, Grass is the middle path, Fire has a tougher time in the gyms but gets his time to shine against the e4. It doesn't really matter who you pick though, any one of them will see you right.

Don't forget, this is Gen III so Physical and Special Attacks go back to the old method, where the all attacks of a specific element are either physical or special (as opposed to specific moves being special or physical independent of the type, as in Gen IV onwards) :

Physical :
    Normal; Fighting; Flying; Ground; Rock; Bug; Ghost; Poison; Steel

Special :
    Water; Grass; Fire; Ice; Electric; Psychic; Dragon; Dark

So, for example, Gyarados may look like an absolute beast but his widdly Sp Attk score means his Water damage is heavily penalised on attacks that you think are physical like Waterfall.

If you're stuck for names, there's always the Server Naming Scheme tool :
    https://namingschemes.com/
    Hit random page for a list of related names that will give your team some coherency and hope you don't end up with a list of Fiat models. 127 uses Metal Sound! 127 Loses a door!

Don't forget, if you play the high roller roulette table in Mauville and just keep betting 3 coins on a single slot, statistically you should earn about 3 coins for every 10 goes. That adds up pretty fast if you're playing at an accelerated speed. Well worth it to get some hard hitting Special Attack TMs early on.

And remember - TMs are one use only! You're not in Unova any more, Toto!

Could probably get more players if we posted in pokemon and games forum if needed?

Could probably get more players if we posted in pokemon and games forum if needed?

Posted in both, will bump later. WW is currently happening so is sapping most of my boards posting

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If, of course, you are playing.

Hi guys,

Just bumping this, game starts tomorrow, not too late to sign up in the next few days.

Thanks,
    Digi

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Just bumping this, game starts tomorrow, not too late to sign up in the next few days.

Thanks,
    Digi

thank you mr. digi. i am ready for battle!!

Chikoritita, you and I know
    How the gym battles come and they go and the scars they're leaving
    Petal dancing once again and the pain will end
    You will have no time for grieving
    (Because you live in a ball on my belt)

I've gone a version called "Pokemon - Emerald Version (U).gba". That okay?

Lol just beat the first gym there! Fairly easy when I happened to pick the exact counter of the first gym by chance. Don't forget to use the fast forward button to speed everything up.

I've gone a version called "Pokemon - Emerald Version (U).gba". That okay?

It should be okay yeah, if there's any compatibilities you may have to restart with an (E) version but that's sound.

I'll be setting up a new thread with a wee questionnaire after work tonight

Will try to jump in this evening!

Done!
    I think I've left whomever gets the save in a pretty decent place, but I'm a bit ashamed of the faints in the gym battle. In my defense, I was trying to spread the XP around and ensure my starter got a go regardless of his unsuitability. Don't judge me for the ridiculous amounts of faints in my overpowered team!

Would there be any benefit to us uploading a test save file (create a player name and save, for example) somewhere so we can confirm that our version of the game will work with everyone else's saves and vice versa?

Oh, one other thing - are the saves meant to be anonymous?

Banjo wrote: »
    Done!
    I think I've left whomever gets the save in a pretty decent place, but I'm a bit ashamed of the faints in the gym battle. In my defense, I was trying to spread the XP around and ensure my starter got a go regardless of his unsuitability. Don't judge me for the ridiculous amounts of faints in my overpowered team!

Would there be any benefit to us uploading a test save file (create a player name and save, for example) somewhere so we can confirm that our version of the game will work with everyone else's saves and vice versa?

Oh, one other thing - are the saves meant to be anonymous?

I will test different regions later when I get to my PC.

Nope not anonymous, there will be a public record of where each save goes, hope that's not a problem.

Running a 6-stack already Banjo?

No problem, I was just wondering if I'd come to regret calling the trainer Banjo :)

Yes, I'm running a full set of 6 plus 3 subs by Gym 1. Neglected to catch a 2nd Ralts to trade for a Seedot but think I covered off most other bases. I fully intended to scrape by with just a Torchic but I couldn't help myself, I had to catch em all!

No problem, I was just wondering if I'd come to regret calling the trainer Banjo :)

Yes, I'm running a full set of 6 plus 3 subs by Gym 1. Neglected to catch a 2nd Ralts to trade for a Seedot but think I covered off most other bases. I fully intended to scrape by with just a Torchic but I couldn't help myself, I had to catch em all!

A catch them all challenge in a different gen might be fun down the line!

• Advertisement

wont be up and running till tomorow evening, so apologies if ii end up holding game up

You are going to be disappointed if you get my save

All done.

Started the OP here, apologies its so late.

Will get playing tomorrow too Yoss, no worries!

Feel free to share .savs whenever you're both ready. I'll upload a small guide on finding the .sav tomorrow.

Link to the thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057804161

Please be sure to fill out the form!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I didn't sign up for this but really curious what the split of starters is.

did everyone go for the water starter (the best starter) or leave it alone because there is so many great water pokemon around.

I picked the Fire starter, the twisted fire starter. arter. arter. arter.

Fire all the way

Grass, Treecko man, how do you argue with that face

I picked water and named him .,.,..... by accident

• Advertisement

ok, guys. having trouble getting this game. will be playing on windows laptop if someone wants to point me to a reputable retailer please and thanks.

Advertisement