Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Machine Tassimo T-Discs

Options
  • 10-10-2017 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭

Do Lidl or Aldi sell these discs or is just Tesco & Dunnes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭FightingIrish

okidoki987 wrote:
    Do Lidl or Aldi sell these discs or is just Tesco & Dunnes?

Buy in bulk on Amazon, save a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭topcat72

Dealz have started carrying some types for lower price also - New York Americano being one. Lidl and Aldi dont carry Tassimo, or any oqn brand version that fits Tassimo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Aldi sell tassimo pods, have done now for a while.

I buy none online with Amazon subscribe and save,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭SteM

lazeedaisy wrote: »

I buy none online with Amazon subscribe and save,

Aldi sell Nespresso compatible pods. Don't think they sell Tassimo pods though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tried them and as SteM & topcat72 said, they are Nespresso compatible pods.
    Same as Lidl.
    Tesco have promotion at moment, 16 pods for €5, different type of coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I use amazon usually but will pick them up the odd time in store when they are down to 5euro a packet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Aldi had them in their specials a few weeks back. Still some available in our local Aldi. Not significantly cheaper than anywhere else though IIRC. They were Tassimo brand pods, not compatibles

Pretty sure I saw them in Star Buys in Clarehall SC (behind Tesco & beside Dealz)

All Tassino pods in Dealz are €4.

Aldi Tassimo discs at €4.99, 2 coffe, Kenco was one and Cadbury hot chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Any chance of getting a thread for these that people can bump as and where they see these on offer?

Bought a machine st Stephens day, have one big order coming to use one of my ten off voucher, then one more voucher before april and I will be looking for bargains on these

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

okidoki987 wrote: »
    All Tassino pods in Dealz are €4.

Always find they don't have a great choice.

SCOOP 64 wrote:
    Always find they don't have a great choice.

Haven't found any so far, I'm guessing only sometimes have em

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The missus just bought 5 packs of these which worked out about €19.40 which is less than €4 for the standard 16 pack (€5 a pack in Tescos). I had something else to order from Amazon for a tenner so with the 2 items together we qualified for free delivery.

Thinking Amazon the way to go,get into a routine of how many you use and bulk buy

jeffk wrote: »
    Thinking Amazon the way to go,get into a routine of how many you use and bulk buy

100% this is what I do, usually order 5 packs of the Americano for myself and 5 packs of the cappuccino works put much cheaper

muffler wrote: »
    The missus just bought 5 packs of these which worked out about €19.40 which is less than €4 for the standard 16 pack (€5 a pack in Tescos). I had something else to order from Amazon for a tenner so with the 2 items together we qualified for free delivery.

Is that free delivery to Ireland? never really understood with delivery to Ireland with Amazon, i have DPD parcel wizard but that would be €3.85 on top.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Is that free delivery to Ireland? never really understood with delivery to Ireland with Amazon, i have DPD parcel wizard but that would be €3.85 on top.
    The coffee discs on their own wouldnt have qualified for free delivery but as I had ordered an additional item it brought the total to over the £25 minimum spend to get free delivery.

So to get free delivery to Ireland you have to spend a min. of £25 which can be made up of several items or if you're into your coffee order 2 x 5 packs.

With a lot of people getting them as presents or buying them for Christmas, would imagine there will be more places selling the pods in the future?
    Dunnes sold Tassimo pods at half price in a Black Friday promo at €2.75 but didn't hear about it until it was finished.
    Cheapest B&M still Dealtz at €4 but they don't have enough variety, Tesco next
    at €5 currently on special offer.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    With a lot of people getting them as presents or buying them for Christmas, would imagine there will be more places selling the pods in the future?
    Dunnes sold Tassimo pods at half price in a Black Friday promo at €2.75 but didn't hear about it until it was finished.
    Cheapest B&M still Dealtz at €4 but they don't have enough variety, Tesco next
    at €5 currently on special offer.

As long as they have any Americano bar the Costa ones deals would be perfect for me, Might work out cheaper than Amazon as well at 4euro a pack

On Facebook bargain page that dealz have two flavours for E3 each

In my local one today and none,so could be usual issue of only in were poster got them

• Advertisement

On Facebook bargain page that dealz have two flavours for E3 each
    My wife got a pack of the Lo'r discs last week in Dealz but they are a smaller disc (smaller amount of coffee) than those sold elsewhere. She has to use 2 of them to get a full cup of coffee so they aint cheap when you have to double them up which effectively costs €6 in real terms

muffler wrote:
    My wife got a pack of the Lo'r discs last week in Dealz but they are a smaller disc (smaller amount of coffee) than those sold elsewhere. She has to use 2 of them to get a full cup of coffee so they aint cheap when you have to double them up which effectively costs €6 in real terms

Are the XL ones?

I find even with the XL ones I have to put in the cleaner disc to top up water

Are the XL ones?

I find even with the XL ones I have to put in the cleaner disc to top up water
    Just looking at the pack now and it shows 4 different sizes that are available and these are the second smallest...so 2 steps below the XL size

16 x 6.5g in the pack compared to 16 x 8g which were bought in either Tescos or Supervalue. Not a huge difference in the actual amount or weight of coffee but it certainly has a big effect when making a cuppa.

Edit/ these are Carte Noire brand and not Lor as originally stated.

Just looking at the pack now and it shows 4 different sizes that are available and these are the second smallest...so 2 steps below the XL size

16 x 6.5g in the pack compared to 16 x 8g which were bought in either Tescos or Supervalue. Not a huge difference in the actual amount or weight of coffee but it certainly has a big effect when making a cuppa.

Edit/ these are Carte Noire brand and not Lor as originally stated.

Suppose when you think about it if you have seen the documentary then Poundland/Dealz are known for getting smaller sized items to get to make a profit on a pound etc

So its to be expected, back to waiting on Dunnes/etc to have them on special(hopefully)

The 5 x 16 packs arrived today from Amazon (see this post) and having checked the credit card I see it worked out at €19.24 which is good value. That wont suit everyone though unless you can bring the order up to over £25 to get free delivery.

The 5 x 16 packs arrived today from Amazon (see [URL=" post[/URL]) and having checked the credit card I see it worked out at €19.24 which is good value. That wont suit everyone though unless you can bring the order up to over £25 to get free delivery.

Hows the flavor on them? So far for bulk, I got L`or, because its a name I know and had from jar and it has XL on it

After I use my last registration 10% discount will be going with Amazon myself, if it means ordering say two lots, the date should be good enough to last

Hows the flavor on them? So far for bulk, I got L`or, because its a name I know and had from jar and it has XL on it

After I use my last registration 10% discount will be going with Amazon myself, if it means ordering say two lots, the date should be good enough to last
    I dont touch the stuff myself but her good self loves the flavour. The discs she got from Amazon are probably L size as they are 8g weight which is one step below the XL size and are dated to December 2018. 2 lots will certainly get you free delivery

Had a look in another dealz

Only thing I can say is they're like a shot size,I prefer almost a mug myself, suppose they're ok if you're into a kick in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just purchased 9 packs of Tassimo L’OR XL Classique @ €4.49 per pack from Tassimo.ie to make the initial order over €40 for free delivery.
    They applied a promo discount of 15% and I used a €10 voucher to make the total order just over €24 with free delivery.

That makes it roughly €2.70 a pack. Happy Days.

• Advertisement

Paid €28,9 packs total, but added cappuccinos, 15% + €10 voucher and free delivery.

Advertisement