Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic World Evolution

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I always loved Jurassic Park; Operation Genesis. I've had my eye on this game but will hold off till it gets more fleshed out as i don't think it's worth it's current price for what content it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I picked it up because my 3 yr old loves dinosaurs and we've been playing it together. I'm not sure I'd be as into it if playing it on my own. It's a bit basic in features and a bit too linear for my usual taste.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sand box mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

Tutorial has you breed a few dinos, yet after you add a couple of herbivores, they get you to add a Carnivore into the same pen, the trank darks dont workz only pop up the message 'dinosaur not sick'. So off my dino went (ignored the jeep completely) and ate all the other dinosaurs. *sigh*

Not played this at all, and my knowledge only comes from watching a couple of streamers intro vids - but it appeared that the jeep gun heals, and the helicopter gun traq's? As I say though, dont have it, havent played it, but just what I'd seen

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I believe it's intentional cause dino's killing other dinos levels the winner up for being more vicious and therefore more attractive to guests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Wossack wrote: »
    Not played this at all, and my knowledge only comes from watching a couple of streamers intro vids - but it appeared that the jeep gun heals, and the helicopter gun traq's? As I say though, dont have it, havent played it, but just what I'd seen

Yeah i figured that out. Stupid intro missions never made it clear. Annoying you cant run your guests over.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Yeah i figured that out. Stupid intro missions never made it clear. Annoying you cant run your guests over.

Lol

Despite my potato, I'm actually able to play the game. Turning off shadows and it's playable. Still a bit stuttery but playable for a potato! I'm on the second island now but have the third one unlocked. I've made it a policy to not progress until I have all research options unlocked. Was thinking along similar lines for 100% genomes as well but decided not. My first real trouble was when my triceratops and dracorex got annoyed when their enclosure got too populated and broke out. Went from 4.2 stars to 2.5. Fixed it easily enough though.

I like it, but there are some quality of life things I'd like to see addressed. I'd like to be able to see the current inventory of a feeder by just highlighting it rather than having to click on it and auto zoom. Another is I'd like the option to disable the cinematic cam every time you release a dinosaur. Would also like the option to release multiple ones at the same time with one click rather than having to click each one, one after another.

Anyone figured out what the management style means with shops? I keep setting them to one thing, yet they never seem to save the setting and always revert to none (default). One thing that does annoy me though is the terrain when placing buildings. It is a pain in the hole when terrain is uneven. One thing I would like to see added are trees and flowers to colour the park a bit. Just using the forest option just blends more green into green. I actually don't mind the absence of path side decorations (benches, etc), but really need some way to add some colour to the park. Too much to ask for flowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Anyone still playing this?

It's on gamepass atm so have got into it a bit on the console. It's entertaining enough when you're unlocking new dinos but it's very tedious when you start a new level.

Advertisement