Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic World Evolution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What a shame, sounds like this needs another year of development. A game with great potential that isn't being given the time and resources it needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I'm really getting the feeling Frontier were being rushed and even limited by Universal. No day/night cycle, no benches on pathways, no dino sleeping, no group hunting behaviour for raptors, etc. I'll hold judgement until release but I'm kinda worried to be honest. Frontier are streaming live gameplay at midnight, so I may watch that a bit.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Watching the live stream at the moment. Gameplay looks very limited and superficial. Doesn't look it would be a challenge for anyone familiar with strategy/management games. Dinosaur AI is poor and immersion breaking. Herbivores don't appear to react naturally to a carnivore. Velociraptor used the exact same kill animation on 2 tourists in the space of 20 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So your interest in the game is definitely over now, huh?

So your interest in the game is definitely over now, huh?

Waiting for the reviews, but I'm not exactly optimistic. I just like dinosaurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Waiting for the reviews, but I'm not exactly optimistic. I just like dinosaurs.

We all like dinosaurs.

Im still hopeful

I supppse we will know soon enough

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Reviews are live and, at first glance, disappointing.

Reviews are live and, at first glance, disappointing.

Balls.

:(

PCGamesN give it 8/10.

RPS say it's boring.

IGN UK gave it 48/100!!

So mixed reviews, with no-one rating it outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Doesn't look like it's worth the full price at the minute. Very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

So much potential and they rush it out the door, Imagine the developers are furious

Be interesting what the Steam user reviews. I find them quite helpful.

KilOit wrote: »
    So much potential and they rush it out the door, Imagine the developers are furious

Could you imagine making those design choices (mentioned in the PC gamer review), and having to stick with them and continue to develop knowing they're terribly flawed

Should have waited for a winter 2018 release at least. Looks like Universal pushed the developers to release along with the new film. Had a lot of potential, but so many basic features appear to be missing. Really sad considering we had to wait 15 years for JPOG successor.

I know the developers are competent considering they developed Planet Coaster and are still supporting it with updates and DLC.

Might pick it up on sale next year. Might possibly be improved by then.

Hopefully, this will have some changes then over the coming weeks/months. Might be worth picking up later rather than now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

So as expected, it's a lot worse/shallower than the now 15 year old operation genesis game. Which is a shame as it's a concept that has so much potential.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh well, glad I didn't pre order.

I'll see if I can get a lend off my cousin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Oh well, glad I didn't pre order.
    ditto, lots of people saying the same thing about it, pricey and hasnt got the depth to justify a 55quid splurge

Gonna steamsale that one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Given the reviews so far, I'm actually avoiding this totally unless theirs big updates soon.

Just seems like a waste of money for a game that wouldn't be accepted as early access even.

Really disappointing but not surprising.

Well i bought it (had massive discount)

So far, only played 40 minutes

Graphics are cery good. Lovely detail.

Placing shops, paths, trees, facilities is very like planet coaster.

Voice dialogue (Malcom) is very humorous.

Sending recon times to find fossils is lile another mini game to create dinosaurs, but its straight forward and easy to use

Research is very similar to PlanetCoaster with upgrading dinosaur, shops, hotels, fences, jeeps, buildings, choppers etc.

First person control of recon jeeps is fun. Must try GTA some park tourists or dinosaurs.

Annoyances so far.

Hammond centre for creating dinosaurs can click onto fence pens you make, yet fences cannot click onto building. Unable to move building once placed it seems.

Tutorial has you breed a few dinos, yet after you add a couple of herbivores, they get you to add a Carnivore into the same pen, the trank darks dont workz only pop up the message 'dinosaur not sick'. So off my dino went (ignored the jeep completely) and ate all the other dinosaurs. *sigh*

Edit: will give more updates when ive a chance to play more.

Have not played enough to recommend the game or not.

Edit 2: Played for about three hours now. Built up my first island and ready to move onto second one.

+Enjoyable, good fun researching, adding genes to dinos and creating park

+ Music, audio, and graphics are very good

+ first person vehicle mode is a bit of a laugh

+ good selection of dinosaurs

- there are moments of boredom when there is actually nothing to do

- cant seem to make a profit from any of my shops?

- not able to run over guests with the jeeps or hit them with tranquiler darts, yet I can happily open the gates and release dinos unto the guests

- needs some sort of warning siren when a dinosaur has escaped (for dramatic effect)

More to come!

Tell me more about this massive discount... that's wolf talk if I ever heard it

Tell me more about this massive discount... that's wolf talk if I ever heard it

Lol, i had a voucher code to use from a while back with Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Is this thing even out today smyths says it's not out till July psn says it's out 12th which is today but I can't buy it says pre-order only on one

wtf what the hell is happening with this game?

biggebruv wrote: »
    Is this thing even out today smyths says it's not out till July psn says it's out 12th which is today but I can't buy it says pre-order only on one

wtf what the hell is happening with this game?

Only digital copies have been released. Physical versions are out next month. I'd save your money though and get it on sale later. Wait a few months and see if the team make any improvements. Judging by reviews, it currently lacks depth and has been rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Only digital copies have been released. Physical versions are out next month. I'd save your money though, at least for a few months. Wait and see if the team make any improvements. Judging by reviews, it currently lacks depth and has been rushed.

Yeah just watched some live streams I'm not gonna buy it at least not full price

Thing is I just watched fallen kingdom so I'm on a Jurassic high atm lol will watch Jurassic world again instead I suppose lol

PC can't handle it :( Which I entirely expected but I ain't gonna push a refund request cos I'm getting (or hoping to anyway) a new gaming one in the next few months. I can play it, but it runs verrrrry slow. Not so slow that it's unplayable, but slow enough that it would sap some enjoyment from it. Did manage to incubate 3 strutiomimus though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

jaxxx wrote: »
    PC can't handle it :( Which I entirely expected but I ain't gonna push a refund request cos I'm getting (or hoping to anyway) a new gaming one in the next few months. I can play it, but it runs verrrrry slow. Not so slow that it's unplayable, but slow enough that it would sap some enjoyment from it. Did manage to incubate 3 strutiomimus though!

Put your setting on low?

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Put your setting on low?
    Defaulted to that on first start up XD I'll try very low later but I expected this anyway, honestly I'm even surprised it even runs cos my PC is pure mash compared to modern rigs. To be fair the little beast is still running well despite being nearly 10 years old with ancient components, with only a RAM and graphics card upgrade. Was only a store bought one as well, but my god its stood the test of time where the money is concerned anyway! My next one will be a custom build.

Advertisement