Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eubank Jr - Yildirim, Crolla - Burns, Cyclone Card etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

walshb wrote: »
    Smith and Froch desperately making up sh1t to disguise this mediocrity.

Desperately struggling for things at this point as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Boooourns

HigginsJ wrote: »
    This Crolla vs Burns fight is very poor fair. A real lack of quality so far.

Its an absolute con job by Eddie, a cash out for both fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

The worst thing about watching Crolla fights is the cheerleading from the Sky commentary.
    They present him as the second coming of Sugar Ray Leonard...

"Busy" The only word Froch can come up with to cover up for the dross going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Inb4 draw and "instant classic" verdict and immediate rematch for bragging rights in a titanic domestic rivalry :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,775 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gatt-Ward not a patch on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

I'm not really sure what all of ye were expecting?

For what it's worth, I think it's a decent fight, better than I expected anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Only watching since the sixth round but think it's been a decent scrap. They're both obviously very limited but we all knew that. I'm enjoying it anyway.

I was expecting dirt. And got it...I'm happy...

megadodge wrote: »

For what it's worth, I think it's a decent fight, better than I expected anyway.

Jesus, your expectations must have been shockingly low :P I'd have expected a lot better from 2 former world champs who still view themselves as having a shot at that level. It's a poor quality, domestic level fight (with one or two bits of actual quality from Burns)

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Jesus, your expectations must have been shockingly low :P I'd have expected a lot better from 2 former world champs who still view themselves as having a shot at that level. It's a poor quality, domestic level fight (with one or two bits of actual quality from Burns)

My views on these two are well known.

megadodge wrote: »

It actually has got a bit better, once Burns realised he had to come forward and started
    throwing some left hooks.

Still tame enough though.

It's the one dimensional pace pitter patter back and forth nothing type of fight.

Crolla by 2 but draw is inevitable right? Even Smith is pushing for it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Froch gave too many rounds to burns imo.

I didn’t score it but hard to argue it for Burns..

Crolla won it on ??

I don’t even really know..

I didn’t score it but hard to argue it for Burns..

Crolla won it on ??

I don’t even really know..

I didn't bother scoring (properly) either, but thought Burns won the last 3 and the 1st. Probably not that hard to find 3 more for him.

Just caught the Eubank fight. He looked very impressive, albeit against a bit of a punchbag. He really put the shots together fluidly..plus, he’s looking like a SMW fighter. I am still backing him to do a number on Groves. He’s by far the more complete fighter.

Forgot to mention, anyone else think the Sky camera angles last night for the Crolla fight were sh1t?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Eubank really has star quality.

Will be interesting to see if his chin holds up against Groves because he does get hit quite often.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Impressive stuff from Eubank winning how he did although very disappointed with Yildirim. Thought he'd be a lot tougher and he's usually a lot more compact of a fighter from what I've seen. Chin completely in the air for that KO.

Groves - Eubank is a fantastic fight. I'm still siding with Groves as the more polished fighter with a jab that should give Eubank fits but their styles should clash brilliantly.

• Advertisement

I am still backing him to do a number on Groves. He’s by far the more complete fighter.
    How?? No chance he's the more complete fighter. Eubank is good but he's wild to say the least at times. Has a lot of flaws, especially defensively. Groves a far more polished fighter.

Eubank's combinations look impressive against a flat-footed fighter like Yildirim. I'm looking forward to seeing them against a big puncher who uses angles like Groves. Eubank is very very open defensively and he hasn't faced a big puncher.

If he can take the fight to the latter rounds then the fight gets very interesting as Groves will gas hard no doubt.

Groves is a boxer. Eubank more the fighter. Better inside game, can fight close, in the pocket and long range. He's simply a more instinctive fighter. Groves is not instinctive. He's thought out, planned and methodical...

Groves is a boxer. Eubank more the fighter. Better inside game, can fight close, in the pocket and long range. He's simply a more instinctive fighter. Groves is not instinctive. He's thought out, planned and methodical...
    But Groves has shown he can do both and against far better opposition. He fought off instinct for the majority of the Froch I and Chudinov fights for example.

A "complete fighter" in my eyes is someone astute both offensively and defensively. I think Groves is probably more solid in both areas tbh.

Well, for me the poise and fighter look and control lie with Eubank. Something raggedy and messy about Groves, and more so when under stress..similar to Khan. Not quite as bad, but similar.

This fight, if we get it will remind me somewhat of SRL-Hearns 1..

Hearns the perceived boxer-puncher against the boxer, Leonard.

Here I think Eubank will show the complete boxer-fighter/puncher ala SRL, and Groves will be the more boxer boxer...ending up hanging on to survive..

It will be Eubank that turns out to be the better puncher..just like SRL in 1981. With GG resembling Hearns down the stretch. Searching for hope and ideas when it dawns that I can’t KO this kid, all the while not possessing enough of the resilience and toughness and fighters’ instinct to survive and win.

Eubank's stamina advantage will be key I think. Groves will obviously look to start strong and make good dents but Eubank's stamina and intensity is through the roof and if Groves can't find a way to take the wind out of him Eubank will pillar him as Groves starts to tire himself.

Morrison J wrote: »
    But Groves has shown he can do both and against far better opposition. He fought off instinct for the majority of the Froch I and Chudinov fights for example.

A "complete fighter" in my eyes is someone astute both offensively and defensively. I think Groves is probably more solid in both areas tbh.

Would have to agree - although the 2 of them are coming up against there worst type of opponent imo . Its what makes it so good

Burial. wrote: »
    Eubank's stamina advantage will be key I think. Groves will obviously look to start strong and make good dents but Eubank's stamina and intensity is through the roof and if Groves can't find a way to take the wind out of him Eubank will pillar him as Groves starts to tire himself.
    Aye always the case with Groves isn't it. Do think McGuigan has him being a bit more efficient with his energy but he's going to have to be active from the bell against Eubank who won't give him a second. Latter rounds will be very tough for Groves. Don't think Eubank has the power to knock him out but via accumulation against the ropes I can definitely see.

I think Groves can get to him early too though with how Eubank lunges and leaves himself completely open.

It's a tremendous clash of styles.

Well, for me the poise and fighter look and control lie with Eubank. Something raggedy and messy about Groves, and more so when under stress..similar to Khan. Not quite as bad, but similar.

This fight, if we get it will remind me somewhat of SRL-Hearns 1..

Hearns the perceived boxer-puncher against the boxer, Leonard.

Here I think Eubank will show the complete boxer-fighter/puncher ala SRL, and Groves will be the more boxer boxer...ending up hanging on to survive..

It will be Eubank that turns out to be the better puncher..just like SRL in 1981. With GG resembling Hearns down the stretch. Searching for hope and ideas when it dawns that I can’t KO this kid, all the while not possessing enough of the resilience and toughness and fighters’ instinct to survive and win.

You may well be right . However Eubank junior has beaten and fought nobody of note . BJS aside who is a poor and a weight below .

You may well be right . However Eubank junior has beaten and fought nobody of note . BJS aside who is a poor and a weight below .

I agree. He hasn't fought to the same level that Groves has. But, Groves lost three times at the elite level....

His win over DeGale was not an elite fight, and even in that he was hanging in quite a bit I felt....

So, when all is factored in he is a loser at elite level.

Eubank for me is on the up and improving. Groves is still Groves. I always felt that he was vulnerable...

Eubank oozes a lot more confidence and in your face attitude and belief. Plus, I think he's a tough tough man with a very good chin. I reckon Groves does not make it to the final bell. Eubank takes the punches better, and IMO he has enough SMW power to dent Groves.

• Advertisement

I am not as sold as you on Eubanks chin . I think he could be in for a big wake up call if he gets caught flush from Groves.

Great fight however - its the one im looking forward to the most .

Once Groves wins on Sat of course.

Advertisement