Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eubank Jr - Yildirim, Crolla - Burns, Cyclone Card etc

Options
  • 07-10-2017 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭

What we thinking?

I'm going with Eubank via clear points win in a very good fight. Can't see Eubank having the power to get a stoppage. Yildirim very tough too.

Crolla to beat Burns on points. Unless Burns is completely shot to pieces I can't see the fight not going the distance.

Think Eggington may have his hands full. Mimoune a tough style match up for him from the little I've seen. Probably sneaks a close one on points though.

Assume Andrew Selby wins easy and probably on points with his lack of power. First fight since signing for Cyclone for Martin Bakole too. Lot of hype about him with the usual sparring stories. Heavyweight division could do with him living up to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,775 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This 135 lbs fight much more suits Crolla. I wonder how much Burns left on the scales?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

Mimoune was 7/2 on points after 4 rounds. He won easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

One corrupt judge. Thought a robbery was on the cards. Thankfully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

pac_man wrote: »
    Just tuned in,What was the scores?

116-112, 115-113 for Mimoune and 116-112 Eggington.

You gotta love Eggington though. In a sport full of excuse makers, he just said afterwards "Yeah, it was a fair decision" and he refused to make excuses, even though it is well known he has been really struggling with the weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Meh Benn still hasn't fought anyone who can throw a punch back.

• Advertisement

Yeah I seen that, quite refreshing. I've seen him in the last couple of weigh ins and he looked terrible. I think he struggles with the move up, especially against boxers. Sounded like a fair result by all accounts.

True. His size is a big advantage at welter and it won't be as pronounced at light-middle.

But even if he never wins another fight, he was a guy who just turned pro to make a few quid and be a journeyman, so to become British and European champion is a fantastic achievement. He's the type of fella nobody could begrudge any success. Heart-warming type of career.

Conor Benn looks to have improved since his last couple of fights. Impressive display.

I was going to say the same.

I said from the beginning he was just living off his dad's name, but in fairness he's definitely improving. Shows better poise and balance each fight. He's got me interested now. And he'll be exciting no matter what happens.

If he's half as exciting as his dad he'll be worth watching. Certainly has his dad's intensity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

I'm going for Eubank by late round stoppage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

Hoping for a Eubank win here

• Advertisement

Jimmy Lennon looks like he's after a few cans

FFS, Rio Ferdinand's padwork is better than Ricky's

Lovely uppercut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I feel Ricky is shot to pieces these days, and Crolla will either stop him late or win this wide. But I'd be delighted if he pulled this off !

Big Ears wrote: »
    I feel Ricky is shot to pieces these days, and Crolla will either stop him late or win this wide. But I'd be delighted if he pulled this off !

But Crolla is very ordinary..

I'd say bang average but you'd have folks in here crying over that description.

Great start for Eubank. A 10-8 round for the champion in round 1

Both Crolla and Burns are horrendous overachievers in the sport. No real interest in the fight myself.

Eubank boxing well and decent power showing.

Edit: Clearly learned a thing or two from Floyd about the jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

walshb wrote: »
    But Crolla is very ordinary..

I'd say bang average but you'd have folks in here crying over that description.

Oh I agree completely, but Crolla is still in his prime. Despite his mediocrity, that'll be enough to get the job done.

The Burns who stopped Mitchell would make bits of Crolla.

Better contest in round 2. Yildirim fought back but I still give it to Eubank

Got damn the power is legit!!!

• Advertisement

Lovely finish from Eubank.

Wow. Impressive 3rd KO win by Eubank. Explosive stuff.

Superb combos and boxed well but that wildness instinct is still in him...pros and cons to it but very impressive stuff. He should get back in that Mayweather gym as soon as he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

Well done Chris - good finish there

As I thought..dirt..

Burial. wrote: »
    Superb combos and boxed well but that wildness instinct is still in him...pros and cons to it but very impressive stuff. He should get back in that Mayweather gym as soon as he can.
    Who better than to learn from the best.

Yeah seen on Twitter that it's early stoppage but ya man's eyes were doing around the worlds in the back of his head. Good reffing. Eubank is clearly developing more poise and ring IQ but he's still too keen on swinging for the hills at times. Bad habits die hard. He's got clear speed advantages though and he's quite sharp and accurate when he's not throwing six punch haymaker combos. He came out after one round trying to take the head off him with wild swings. Yildirim showed no intelligence though...leaning over the front foot leaving himself open to Eubank's lovely right uppercut. Definitely feeling more confident in my pick of Eubank. Anyone know if it's the Smith side or the Groves side he'll go down? Jesus I'd love to seem him starch ol Mundo before a Groves fight.

Anyone know what channel (if any) Selby is fighting on?

Edit: It's ok, it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

This Crolla vs Burns fight is very poor fair. A real lack of quality so far.

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    This Crolla vs Burns fight is very poor fair. A real lack of quality so far.

Smith and Froch desperately making up sh1t to disguise this mediocrity.

Advertisement