Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Weinstein scandal (Mod warning in op.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Did someone say 25 million dollar payout?

Yeah-but that's Weinstein. Gooding Jr hasn't had a massive paycheck for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I was wondering what happened him,
    Cuba Gooding Jr. says he was offered a lot of really great roles in the past, but turned them down.

Some of the directors he turned down working with were Steven Spielberg (for Amistad), Michael Mann (for Collateral), Terry George (for Hotel Rwanda), and Taylor Hackford for the lead in the Ray Charles biopic that landed Jamie Foxx an Oscar.

“I had all these big directors offering me roles, and I read their scripts and said, ‘I don’t think this part is right for me.’ And what happens is, if you offend enough big directors, you get taken off their lists,”

fúckin eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Yeah-but that's Weinstein. Gooding Jr hasn't had a massive paycheck for a while now.

Oh lol didn't even bother looking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I was wondering what happened him,

fúckin eejit.

I'm not buying this story. Cuba Gooding jr's movies after Jerry McGuire were genuinely awful-but he picked them.

There's been rumours of his drinking and drug problems for years. As soon as he started making money again, he went back to the booze and the partying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

^ Ha using a walker coming out of court huh. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The old ageing Mafia boss trick. By the time of the trial he'll be in a wheelchair and claim to be blind and deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

His trial has begun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

It states he had spinal surgery? I was in a bodycast and was happy to have a crutch / walking aid after I broke my spine.... and I was only 17.

Not defending him, but might aswell stick to the facts. Either the pic in the link is an amazing Photoshop, or he looks like sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

JohnCleary wrote: »
    It states he had spinal surgery? I was in a bodycast and was happy to have a crutch / walking aid after I broke my spine.... and I was only 17.

Not defending him, but might aswell stick to the facts. Either the pic in the link is an amazing Photoshop, or he looks like sh1t

Pretty sure I'd look like **** too if I sexually assaulted a crap tonne of people and it was all coming to light now...

Sorry, allegedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

How can Rose McGowan stand up there giving a speech about Justice...she is part of reason why Weinstein was allegedly able to carry on for so long.

She took the money to keep quiet, and allow Weinstein to stay a free man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

JohnCleary wrote: »

We've all seen enough Mafia movies by now to know that if you're in front of the judge then you have it looking like you're as sick and as frail as a dying dog. No one ever got extra years in the big house for looking like they wouldn't last another day above ground.

Harvey may be legit crocked, but it does seem conveniently inconvenient for him to be in such a seemingly pitiful physical state right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Arghus wrote: »
    Harvey may be legit crocked, but it does seem conveniently inconvenient for him to be in such a seemingly pitiful physical state right now.

He looks dreadful although the first thing that sprung to mind for me was the Mafia Godfathers hobbling around when suited them.

He is really an ugly man, inside and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

He looks 80. Looking for sympathy with your walker, old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Ha using a walker coming out of court huh. lol.
    The old ageing Mafia boss trick. By the time of the trial he'll be in a wheelchair and claim to be blind and deaf.

like these greaseballs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,697 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jury clearly have been got to. What a joke, but they are dealing with one powerful man.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jury clearly have been got to. What a joke, but they are dealing with one powerful man.

Not as powerful as he might have hoped. Found Guilty.
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/feb/24/harvey-weinstein-guilty-trial-charges-verdict

Guilty of first-degree sexual assault and third-degree rape. Almost definite jail time.
    Acquitted of the top charges of predatory sexual assault though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Penn wrote: »
    Not as powerful as he might have hoped. Found Guilty.
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/feb/24/harvey-weinstein-guilty-trial-charges-verdict

Guilty of first-degree sexual assault and third-degree rape. Almost definite jail time.
    Acquitted of the top charges of predatory sexual assault though.

I really thought he’d get off. Wow. Admittedly, I didn’t follow the case but ever since OJ...

What's third degree rape in a nutshell? Wasn't aware of lack of consent but should have been?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Skynews says it's possibly 28 years in jail which would basically be a life sentence for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

He's going down!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

As well as this case, he's also been indicted on four counts of felony sexual assault in Los Angeles, which still has to go to court.

Weinstein could well be looking at a nice spell in prison...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What's third degree rape in a nutshell? Wasn't aware of lack of consent but should have been?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/what-third-degree-rape-harvey-17806638

According to New York state laws, third degree rape is when a "person is guilty of rape in the third degree when he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person:
    • Who is incapable of consent by reason of some factor other than being less than 17 years old;
    • Who is less than 17 years old, and the defendant is 21 years old or more; or
    • Without such person's consent, which is withheld for some other reason than incapacity to consent.

A person commits second-degree rape when he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person
    • who is less than 15 years old and the defendant is 18 years old or more; or
    • who is incapable of consent by reason of being mentally disabled or mentally incapacitated.

A person is guilty of rape in the first degree when he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person:
    • By "forcible compulsion" -- compelling the victim through the use of physical force or the threat of immediate death, physical injury or kidnapping;
    • Who is incapable of consent by reason of being physically helpless;
    • Who is less than 11 years old; or
    • Who is less than 13 years old and the defendant is 18 years old or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Torino wrote: »
    Is rape one of your favourite subjects to discuss?

Yes, yes it is. It's like a form of tourettes I have. I slip the word 'rape' into every conceivable sentence I can. I have at least 157 threads on Boards concerning rape alone. I even have a little Harvey Weinstein shrine in my attic, that I direct all my rape rage at when I have no one to talk about rape to.

....Seriously, who are you and what in the name of God are you talking about?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had completely mixed HW up with Epstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Skynews says it's possibly 28 years in jail which would basically be a life sentence for him

29 years.

5-25 for the first one.

Parole to 4 years for the second one.

He will definitely be sentenced to 5 years.

Probably get 6-9.

They have lodged appeals all ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

His lawyers are going to appeal so looks like it might be a while yet before he sees the inside of a jail cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

His lawyers are going to appeal so looks like it might be a while yet before he sees the inside of a jail cell.

He is in a jail cell now.

Bail revoked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Yes, yes it is. It's like a form of tourettes I have. I slip the word 'rape' into every conceivable sentence I can. I have at least 157 threads on Boards concerning rape alone. I even have a little Harvey Weinstein shrine in my attic, that I direct all my rape rage at when I have no one to talk about rape to.

....Seriously, who are you and what in the name of God are you talking about?? :confused:

I lolled, so I did. Great wording and bluntness. :D

Advertisement