Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canary - DO NOT BUY - Danger of relying on cloud services

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm using a Logitech Circle and a Logitech Circle 2 and I'm largely very happy with them.

I think it might be a good replacement for an indoor camera like an Arlo Q. They aren't so great as outdoor cameras from what I've read, but haven't tried.

They include 24 hours of free cloud storage of recordings. They have a sub for more storage and more advanced features.

Of course no guarantees, but so far I'm much happier with these then I was with Canary (though I did really like Canaries non camera looking design).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

bk wrote: »
    I'm using a Logitech Circle and a Logitech Circle 2 and I'm largely very happy with them.

I think it might be a good replacement for an indoor camera like an Arlo Q. They aren't so great as outdoor cameras from what I've read, but haven't tried.

They include 24 hours of free cloud storage of recordings. They have a sub for more storage and more advanced features.

Of course no guarantees, but so far I'm much happier with these then I was with Canary (though I did really like Canaries non camera looking design).

Thanks. I actually managed to get it working again. Had to re-connect through my phone with mobile data turned off!

I`m going to hang on to it so for the time being and not return it but I wont be buying another one(had planned on getting one for the kitchen too. They are just too unreliable. The connection constantly drops and struggle to find the wifi signal even though the camera is only about 10 feet from the router and unobstructed.

Advertisement