Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster v Munster Build Up Thread

• 03-10-2017 2:34pm

How we've gotten to the Tuesday before an interpro derby between Ireland's two best teams without at least a couple of infractions is beyond me.

To kick the drama up a notch and move us away from the "is Tommy O'Brien a wing, a centre or a duck" debate we shall instead discuss the upcoming Leinster v Munster clash here.

I spoke to three of my mates in advance of the game and they had this to say:
    SoFG4kC.jpg

Pretty provocative stuff.

I spoke with Leo Cullen there on the way in this morning and he said he was confident of the win thanks to the IRFU's continued (and completely intentional) interference in the Munster coaching setup.

I saw that Tadgh Byrne is joining Leinster's southern branch with the rest of his former team mates next season. He will be delighted to hear that Donnchach Ryan is also returning after having a serious falling out with Ronan O'Gara.

Apparently Ryan said he thought Sexton was a better overall player and it didn't go down too well.

Who do you guys think was better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Personally I think next seasons clash will probably be closer. Once a few of Munster promising young players like Hart, Beirne and Conor Oliver have supplemented the in form Keatley and Conway.

Then it become the true Leinster A v Leinster B training match it was always meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

All I want to know is, what asshole decided to put in on at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon?!

Surely a Saturday evening kickoff would have been better for TV audiences and beer consumption.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I think having Leinster play against their development side the week before Europe is far smarter than Connact or Ulster. Let's us see how the depth is getting on without having to touch wildlings or people from the west.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Personally I think next seasons clash will probably be closer. Once a few of Munster promising young players like Hart, Beirne and Conor Oliver have supplemented the in form Keatley and Conway.

Then it become the true Leinster A v Leinster B training match it was always meant to be.

That's a good point Errlloyd. Thank you.

Also I should have added this to the original post but last seasons results:

Leinster V Munster
    25 : 14
    Munster V Leinster development training and underage Squad
    29 : 17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

2/10 Venjur.

SAD

2/10 Venjur.

SAD

Would you look at the eyes gorgeous Rob is givin yer other half there? That's crazy lustful stuff Thomond. And he's lookin directly at your beloved.

Mad that John Hayes was there to take the picture that day.

2/10 Venjur.

SAD

2/10 Munster players on average come from outside the 12 counties.

2/10 Munster players on average come from outside the 12 counties.

I'd go so far as to say the entire Munster panel have been in Leinster before.

Venjur wrote: »
    I'd go so far as to say the entire Munster panel have been in Leinster before.

On their hands and knees in UCD begging for contracts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Can we start the mudslinging yet? Bunch of jumped up Dublin shítés.

Is what I would say if we were allowed.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Can we start the mudslinging yet? Bunch of jumped in Dublin shítés.

Is what I would say if we were allowed.

Oooooooh IBF won't like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

4. As many players from Leinster in the Munster European squad as players from Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Can we start the mudslinging yet? Bunch of jumped up Dublin shítés.

Christ. I always thought you were a Leinster fan.

Oooooooh IBF won't like that.

People assuming he's from Dublin?

He'll be focking thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Who's up for a jackass/thomond old school forfeit?

Who's up for a jackass/thomond old school forfeit?

OOooh I've got one. How about, if Munster lose you have to become a Leinster season ticket holder.

I bet you'd hate that.

Look, I'll just say it. Not all Leinster fans are from Dublin. Thanks.

Buer wrote: »
    Christ. I always thought you were a Leinster fan.

Reported.

But they wish they were?

For some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

More players from South Africa than Limerick in Munster's european squad.

irishfan9 wrote: »
    More players from South Africa than Limerick in Munster's european squad.

We've peaked.

In a thread that will have tons of shítposting, this fella has stuck the flag in early.

And Leinster fans from North Dublin are... ha ha sorry I can't, there are no Leinster fans from North Dublin.

But they wish they were?

For some reason.

In 2011 I had the choice of taking up work in Dublin or Slough. I chose Slough. That should tell you everything you need to know.

And Leinster fans from North Dublin are... ha ha sorry I can't, there are no Leinster fans from North Dublin.

There's a disgusting number of them. It's really very disturbing.

There's a great podcast called Hidden Filth which goes into great depth about the little lads scurrying down over the liffey once a week. You can listen to it here: http://bit.ly/2xYLocX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Can see Keatley showing Sexton who's the class 10 on this island at the moment, will give Joe some serious food for thought in the upcoming 6 nations.... Keats and Murray for Ireland... You know it makes sense!

T
    There's a great podcast called Hidden Filth which goes into great depth about the little lads scurrying down over the liffey once a week. You can listen to it here: http://bit.ly/2xYLocX

I love it when I meet one of my listeners.

There's a disgusting number of them. It's really very disturbing.

The only chance you'll ever see a Leinster jersey in a sports direct is when you see those crappy knocked off versions where they've miss-spelled it Everton.

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Can see Keatley showing Sexton who's the class 10 on this island at the moment, will give Joe some serious food for thought in the upcoming 6 nations.... Keats and Murray for Ireland... You know it makes sense!

You never know! Keatley could put in a serious shift on Saturday alright. Will no doubt lead to some mixed emotions for Leinster fans. We will want to cheer him being that he is from Leinster, but also jeer him as he plays for the opposition.

Maybe we could, sarcastically cheer him...?

What could go wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Erik Shin wrote: »

If Tony Ward had his way, Keatley would get the nod, based solely on how little Johnny smiles during matches.

Its true, there are Leinster fans from outside Dublin - north or south...!

Advertisement