Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johny Rae is a....(warning race result in opening post)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Oh and some rower didnt get a medal either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Goose81

Oh and some rower didnt get a medal either.

And again, more of the general public would prefer to hear about how that race went than the WSB championship so thats what RTE cover.

Goose81 wrote: »
    And again, more of the general public would prefer to hear about how that race went than the WSB championship so thats what RTE cover.

Yeah seems like thats the case when it comes to RTE News.

Ah well,im delighted for Johny Rae.

Also puts the international media spotlight on the new track in Coalisland with Johny being from Ballymena and now a 3 time in a row SBK World Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

Goose81 wrote:
    I doubt that, RTE decides what people 'want' to hear about, things are changing though; Rossi and Marquez are getting time on RTE sport, I know tgat's different but it does raise the profile and interest.
    I have no probs with bog ball and stick ball getting the headlines, numbers demand that but local (and it is local) achievement should get some mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Goose81

Yeah seems like thats the case when it comes to RTE News.

Ah well,im delighted for Johny Rae.

Also puts the international media spotlight on the new track in Coalisland with Johny being from Ballymena and now a 3 time in a row SBK World Champion.

Stewy I need new tyres, I know you posted about getting tyres from cotters before. Did you see much of a difference between buying online and getting them fitted yourself or getting everything from cotters?

Im thinking Michelin pilot 4

• Advertisement

To be honest i just whipped the wheels off the bike and brought them down to Cotters.
    Other times ive just ridden down on the bike. Less hassle involved.
    Theres some deals at the moment with 35 euro cash back on certain brands of tyres..

Advertisement