Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

If you don't mind me asking, who did you buy off and what did they cost @laneooo?
    I've been waiting for them to drop below €26

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

d31b0y wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, who did you buy off and what did they cost @laneooo?
    I've been waiting for them to drop below €26
    Got them off Aliexpress for 34$ delivered within 3 weeks.

Not stopped for customs? Maybe I'll just chance it...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

d31b0y wrote: »
    Not stopped for customs? Maybe I'll just chance it...
    Nope i didn't anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I'm in the market for a set of earphones for cycling, running, in the gym and regular day to day use. I'd like them to be bluetooth and preferably have something that helps them stay in your ears. They would also need to be sweatproof.

I was thinking of the Creative Outlier One's but then I read here about poor sound quality. Now, I'm looking at the TaoTronic TT-BH07 primarily because they have aptX. Would these be my best option or is there something else that would be better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have the outlier ones and the quality is fine. they are also on sale at the moment for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a set of earphones for cycling, running, in the gym and regular day to day use. I'd like them to be bluetooth and preferably have something that helps them stay in your ears. They would also need to be sweatproof.

I was thinking of the Creative Outlier One's but then I read here about poor sound quality. Now, I'm looking at the TaoTronic TT-BH07 primarily because they have aptX. Would these be my best option or is there something else that would be better?

I bought the outlier one as a backup to the outlier one sports for running. There is a big difference between the 2. The basic outlier one dosen't sound as good and seems to have connectivity issues. They both fit well tho IMO.

The outlier sports are €49.99 in www.did.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Kavrocks wrote: »

I bought a pair of Mpow wireless earphones about two years ago for £13, which I expected to be just good enough for background noise while running, but they turned out be better than any pair of wired earphones I'd had in years. Call quality unbelieveable too, people always said they could hear no background noise. And cheap as chips.

Misplaced them last week, so I've ordered a newer pair. I'm typically skeptical about the improvements that can actually be heard in audio, especially when lots of noise is made about it (pun intended). If you're listening to Spotify while out exercising, then there's an upper limit to what you can appreciate anyway, and you won't notice the difference between cheap Bluetooth 2 earphones and €100 BT 5 ones.

For earphones that you're not intending on using while sitting in a beanbag taking in the music, then focussing on niche features like bluetooth 4 -v- 5, or aptx, is probably overthinking it. Obviously if the reviews are good and there's little in the price, then why wouldn't you go for something with more features.

But if it was a case of £20 earphones without aptx versus £40 ones with it, then you'd be silly to spend that 20 quid.

IMHO :)

Just to note that most of the cheaper stuff on Amazon is all basically the same anyway. It all comes from the same few factories in China, the only real difference is in the software implementation. So if you're wondering about, e.g. TaoTronic -v- Mpow, it's probably the exact same hardware (and maybe software too).

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

i don't like the creative's, the beep someone mentioned above is an absolute head wreck, yes I know they're dying could you just let them die in peace. So essentially you can't use them for the last remaining time, it keeps fecking beeping.. pain in the hoopla

and the sound, it's base heavy and tinny, i'm no audophile but to me even my usual playlists sounds extra sh*tty.

oh and another big negative for me, they never turn off. if you pause them and then take them off they stay on as long as your phone is in range. Went to them sat morn to go to the gym and they were nearly dead after staying on all night. And in the house if i get a call, because they stay on it goes to my headphones.

I'm sorry I didn't take the advice on here and try the taotronics (or Mpow's) or even the ankers.

think I'll just use them in work... I find them a pain for out and about. They don't stay in too well either unless you use the sports tips

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭corkie

i12 TWS Airpods Clone: A Perfect Airpods Knockoff? [Flash Sale]

Gearbest for €30.09

Edit: - Typical aliexpress sellers with rebranded clones of the product for around the same cost: -
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?&SearchText=i12+tws
    ^^^ Potluck ordering a reliable model.

Updated model compared to the i10 TWS

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement

I have a pair of i9's and i find that one ear regularly drops out when i'm walking.

I have a pair of i9's and i find that one ear regularly drops out when i'm walking.

I assume you mean connection and not falling out of your ear.

It is the nature of TWS Bluetooth that there may be connection loss at times.

I have the I7s Plus TWS and QCY Q29 Pro and when I walk pass a junction box (lights/electric cabinet) at the end of my road the interference from it cause's drop outs.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    I assume you mean connection and not falling out of your ear.

It is the nature of TWS Bluetooth that there may be connection loss at times.

I have the I7s Plus TWS and QCY Q29 Pro and when I walk pass a junction box (lights/electric cabinet) at the end of my road the interference from it cause's drop outs.

I mean the connection drops, yes. I find it quite annoying so i've gone back to my creatives. Its a pity because the charging box is quite handy when the battery gets low.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You're hardly looking to sell them on ohno? Bought a pair of i9s and have had them stolen by the missus!

RossieMan wrote: »
    You're hardly looking to sell them on ohno? Bought a pair of i9s and have had them stolen by the missus!

where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

@corkie,have the ones you ordered from zapals arrived yet?

where are you based?

Based in Mayo. More than happy to pay for postage or parcel motel.

S530 Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone with 1200mAh Charging Box

€6.86 €13.73 50% off

These are a single piece earbud, limited time deal.

Mainly I put in the order for charge box alone, which should work with my older versions as well. Can be used to charge other devices as well.
    Not a headset, but maybe of use to some people?

Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Audio Receiver Transmitter 3.5mm Aux Stereo Wireless Adapter 2 PCs Set

€3.86 Postage Only ~~~~ Coupon: - FREE1231ALL01

It is powered by USB, so connect to your TV's service USB port. Or maybe a small portable powerbank or use a phone charger etc.
    @corkie,have the ones you ordered from zapals arrived yet?

There my last two orders from zapals, still in processing 1/2/19 and 12/26/18.
    I left message on the site, inquiring about them and if there are not processed by the 28th have to open a paypal dispute. <<< @Suckit have you ever disputed something on zapals?

Just because I share earbud deals here, doesn't mean I'm buying every product?

i12 TWS....

Just ordered these but I hate that they have moved to lightning connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

@Suckit have you ever disputed something on zapals?
    Yeah, three times in total. Before Christmas is the most recent. I ordered three of those drawing tablets for kids, but they didn't arrive. When I contacted them they just said there had been an error with the order and refunded me. Wished that they had told me before I contacted them.
    Another for the Raspberry Pi clear case, I messaged them and they asked to wait a little longer (August to November), I replied and they refunded. It was only $1.99. The mosquito mesh during the summer, refunded immediately.
    Their shipping is the slowest of all the sites I find, and now they charge for shipping for many items (probably works out as same price as other sites with free shipping). I only really use them for their special offers. And this Konsmart charger €5.80 delivered. I got three @ €3.98 each last year and find them very good, so I will buy a couple more.
    Haven't had any issue disputing with them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

There my last two orders from zapals, still in processing 1/2/19 and 12/26/18.
    I left message on the site, inquiring about them and if there are not processed by the 28th have to open a paypal dispute. <<< @Suckit have you ever disputed something on zapals?

Just because I share earbud deals here, doesn't mean I'm buying every product?

How does that single piece earbud work for music?

Kolido wrote: »
    How does that single piece earbud work for music?

It is just a mono earpiece, there is a setting on my devices to switch stereo and route output to one piece. Keep forgetting to apply it.

I use the single bud when driving, so I can hear background sounds and have google maps prompt me for directions.

Also Occasionally just pop this in when walking to shops and don't use my stereo buds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I saw this site a few weeks ago and meant to post it. Forgot and just remembered it now. I haven't ordered from them, know nothing about them. They do take paypal though. Their product list has already changed a lot since I saw them. They had a few different versions of i10 and i8. They now have i11, i12 and i51 featured on their homepage and don't seem to have the i8s anymore or any i7,
    https://thespinningdeal.com/collections/all