Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

When you register here https://en.creative.com/moolah/#/dashboard or you sing in there using this yellow box - tick a box Yas, I would like to receive emails on Creative Store promotions! Should be yes but the misspelled. You won't see it till you will go to your basket and then you will get -€10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

corkie wrote: »
    T-i8s True Wireless Bluetooth V5.0 Earphones with Charging Box

€12.87 €18.88 32% off ~~~ Limited time deal, only 286pcs left.

Unknown brand and can not find any reviews, might be worth it at the price for some?

At this time of year, you might be waiting for them to process your order.

I have two orders, 12/26/18 and 1/2/19 that are still showing processing.

Thanks for that corkie,i just ordered a pair,for 13 euros its worth a punt.zapals are notoriously slow for shipping so i will probably forget i ordered them and get a nice surprise in the post in may or june :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Longboard wrote: »
    Just on the Creative outlier one deal, I did the following

1. Went to the website and registered a new account.
    2. Got the referral code for €5 discount and €5 friend referral.
    3. Ordered 2 x Outlier ones for €19.99 each (+€4 postage) as non registered user (order individual earphones, not as a combi pack or it won't work)
    4. Applied referral code at check out

Both earphone sets came to €29.98 total (+€4 postage).
    €10 credit for future purchase (available on 14/02/2019) was also added to my account for the referral code.

Has the price gone up to 29.95 a pair? On my phone it showed 19.95 but then when i went to card it showed 29.95 and on website it only shows 29.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Yes, 29.9x today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭corkie

Xiaomi announces Mi AirDots Pro, an affordable replica of Apple’s AirPods

mi-air-dots-640x382.png

They’ve priced 399 Yuan ($60) which is a 100 Yuan more than the Mi wireless earbuds. Sales will start on January 11.

~~~ €53 + reseller markup.

^^^ Not really a Bargain, but thought I would share here anyway.

The i10 TWS, would be a better and cheaper option.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

20% off Anker SoundBuds Slim+ Wireless Headphonesn on amazon - £19.99 deal of the day so only a few hours left

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Anybody with the Outliers having connectivity issues? If I turn my head sideways, my connection starts breaking up. Want to figure out if headset or phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

antodeco wrote: »
    Anybody with the Outliers having connectivity issues? If I turn my head sideways, my connection starts breaking up. Want to figure out if headset or phone!

I do. Not what you described, but I've used them twice at the gym now and in each session, they disconnected randomly (and then reconnected by themselves ~ 10 seconds later)

^^
    Contact Creative. In the past I have found them very good. Although I haven't had to contact them in a long time and they have changed a lot since then on the surface.
    There may be some help here - https://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=437&CatName=Headphones&subCatID=231&subCatName=MIDI+Keyboards&prodID=23150&prodName=Creative+Outlier+ONE&bTopTwenty=1&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_23150,VARSET=CategoryID:437

I have had 2 different speakers do the same thing and I had to remove devices from my Bluetooth list and clean it and reboot the tablet. I would guess it may be similar issue.

• Advertisement

I do. Not what you described, but I've used them twice at the gym now and in each session, they disconnected randomly (and then reconnected by themselves ~ 10 seconds later)

In the gym it may be due to people having devices with the same name as devices on your 'connect to' list, and if the gym is busier, I would guess that happens more frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Suckit wrote: »
    In the gym it may be due to people having devices with the same name as devices on your 'connect to' list, and if the gym is busier, I would guess that happens more frequently.

Hmm, I doubt that's it as it's at 6 in the morning in a small enough gym, usually only 3 or 4 other people there and I haven't spotted anyone else with the Outliers.

I might just do a complete reboot of my Bluetooth list. I have about 15 paired devices but only maybe 6 I use regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Xiaomi announces Mi AirDots Pro, an affordable replica of Apple’s AirPods

mi-air-dots-640x382.png

~~~ €53 + reseller markup.

^^^ Not really a Bargain, but thought I would share here anyway.

The i10 TWS, would be a better and cheaper option.

I bought a set of these and used them in the gym yesterday for fist time. I went back to my tts (ttbh07) after 10 mins. They kept on randomly stopping, the bass sounds synthesised and I found the tapping option of pause, skip track etc awful annoying.

Hmm, I doubt that's it as it's at 6 in the morning in a small enough gym, usually only 3 or 4 other people there and I haven't spotted anyone else with the Outliers.
    I might just do a complete reboot of my Bluetooth list. I have about 15 paired devices but only maybe 6 I use regularly.
    I meant any of the devices on your bluetooth list.
    This may (or may not) help.

https://thewirecutter.com/blog/understanding-bluetooth-pairing-problems/
    https://www.techlicious.com/how-to/how-to-fix-bluetooth-pairing-problems/comments-/CP7/
    https://www.businessinsider.com/why-bluetooth-sucks-bad-problems-issues-disconnects-2018-2?IR=T

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭corkie

@T-Bird Are you referring to the Mi Airdots?

The product, I Linked are the Mi Airdots Pro and not even available yet.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

@T-Bird Are you referring to the Mi Airdots?

The product, I Linked are the Mi Airdots Pro and not even available yet.

i10 TWS. I should have highlighted the bit I was referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Got the Outlier Ones. Not very happy with the sound quality tbh. Find it much better on the QCY QY19s they were due to replace. Very bass heavy and quite tinny imo. I got them for the 20 euro offer so not so bad but certainly wouldn't be happy to spend the 30 odd they are now on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Bought the enacfire e19, have them a week, easy to pair, great sound, fit perfect, got them for €50 on ebay, delivery included in that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Liam O wrote: »
    Got the Outlier Ones. Not very happy with the sound quality tbh. Find it much better on the QCY QY19s they were due to replace. Very bass heavy and quite tinny imo. I got them for the 20 euro offer so not so bad but certainly wouldn't be happy to spend the 30 odd they are now on them.

Thought it was just me, I find the sound has exactly the same as you. I'm not happy with them either. Sorry now I didn't try the anker or taotronic ones.

I've got a pair of creative over ears and that's why I went for them, these are terrible in comparison :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Reading the above few comments, I'm wondering if people got the same earphones as I did?!

I got the Outlier Ones and was really impressed by the sound quality. No connectivity issues and for €24, probably one of the best bargains I've got in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭cullenswood

HighLine wrote: »
    Reading the above few comments, I'm wondering if people got the same earphones as I did?!

I got the Outlier Ones and was really impressed by the sound quality. No connectivity issues and for €24, probably one of the best bargains I've got in a while.

I was the same, thought they were great. But managed to lose them over Christmas. Was about to pull the trigger on another set but then the price went up yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

I'm not a big fan of Pigsback but I do like Beats. Good price for refurbished? Probably about right.

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/418193/dm-logistics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I'm a huge fan of the Anker headphones, and see they've a new spirit pro model. Has anyone tried them? Much of a difference over the slims?

https://www.soundcore.com/products/variant/spirit-pro/A34020F1

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

ImARebel wrote: »
    Thought it was just me, I find the sound has exactly the same as you. I'm not happy with them either. Sorry now I didn't try the anker or taotronic ones.

I've got a pair of creative over ears and that's why I went for them, these are terrible in comparison :(

Same. The base is really heavy on mine and gets distorted. Okay for some music and podcasts but higher levels of volume the earphones lose it. Nothing compared to he JBL reflect mini's which have a better fit and sound. Also the Creatives controller is very heavy for running, bounces around a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

ablelocks wrote: »
    20% off Anker SoundBuds Slim+ Wireless Headphonesn on amazon - £19.99 deal of the day so only a few hours left

I know this is expired and back up to £25 but can I ask if these would be ok for a side sleeper to use in bed or are they too bulky? Or if anyone knows of any under 50e that might be good for a side sleeper who is forever breaking their non wired earphones, to try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Weyhey wrote: »
    I know this is expired and back up to £25 but can I ask if these would be ok for a side sleeper to use in bed or are they too bulky? Or if anyone knows of any under 50e that might be good for a side sleeper who is forever breaking their non wired earphones, to try out.

Wouldn't think so. The ear pieces are quite bulky.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

HighLine wrote: »

Not getting that at all tbh. From the first time I put them on the music felt tinny and almost distant. Now twice the price of the QY19s I think I'll stick with the QCYs in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I have received the Creative Outlier One’s and I have been trying them with youtube, online radio and my music library and I have to say they are good value for the money (€22.99 including postage).

Play around with how they sit in your ears to get the best bass - I thought at the start they were to thinny but fiddling the position seems to have worked. No Bluetooth connection issues either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Liam O wrote: »
    Not getting that at all tbh. From the first time I put them on the music felt tinny and almost distant. Now twice the price of the QY19s I think I'll stick with the QCYs in the future.

I had the same problem, they have to go right into your ear to get the real sound from them they create a suction it's a weird feeling but this is how they work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Try out the different size tips in the outliers too. Makes a big difference to the sound and how secure they are.

Advertisement