Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That kind of controversy is very un steeler like. The Steelers normally run a very tight ship.

Is it that tight? AB went awol earlier in the season as well and it was only last January he put a private teamtalk out on Facebook live. He is also being sued for off the field issues where he threw a telly out a window and nearly hit a pedestrian, whatever that was about. Not to mention the group of players that ransacked Le’Veon’s locker and put it out on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Is it that tight? AB went awol earlier in the season as well and it was only last January he put a private teamtalk out on Facebook live. He is also being sued for off the field issues where he threw a telly out a window and nearly hit a pedestrian, whatever that was about. Not to mention the group of players that ransacked Le’Veon’s locker and put it out on social media.

Santonio Holmes won MVP at 2008 Super Bowl & seemed bullit proof, next thing he’s traded to the Jets. Don’t be surprised if AB is catching passes somewhere else next season. One thing that is for definite, Tomlin has lost control of the locker room.

• Advertisement

OOnegative wrote: »
    Santonio Holmes won MVP at 2008 Super Bowl & seemed bullit proof, next thing he’s traded to the Jets. Don’t be surprised if AB is catching passes somewhere else next season. One thing that is for definite, Tomlin has lost control of the locker room.

AB’s contract makes him virtually untradeable and the Steelers go from a possible contender to average without him we saw that on Sunday. Best thing all around would be for him to sort his head out he is my favourite player but the guy is clearly a bit nuts.

AB’s contract makes him virtually untradeable and the Steelers go from a possible contender to average without him we saw that on Sunday. Best thing all around would be for him to sort his head out he is my favourite player but the guy is clearly a bit nuts.

Not disagreeing with anything you say apart from the untradeable bit, every player has a price. It’s going to an interesting off-season in the Steel City.

Not disagreeing with anything you say apart from the untradeable bit, every player has a price. It’s going to an interesting off-season in the Steel City.

There are so few that could afford him and even then what would you give up for a 30 year old with all his baggage. I don’t think you’d get all that much for him tbh. Jets might be a good fit but I can’t see him being traded.

• Advertisement

He isn’t taking calls from the team or owner supposedly. The whole thing is very ugly and will be hard to come back from.

Difficult to know what you could get for him at his age. He will be 31 at the start of the 2019 season. 49ers or Jets might be interested but would they give up a top 5 pick for him? I doubt it.

He isn’t taking calls from the team or owner supposedly. The whole thing is very ugly and will be hard to come back from.

Difficult to know what you could get for him at his age. He will be 31 at the start of the 2019 season. 49ers or Jets might be interested but would they give up a top 5 pick for him? I doubt it.

He ain’t going to be there next year, weather it’s via trade or the Steelers cut there losses with him. Nobody wants a locker walking on eggshells afraid of what they say/do in case they hurt AB’s feelings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He ain’t going to be there next year, weather it’s via trade or the Steelers cut there losses with him. Nobody wants a locker walking on eggshells afraid of what they say/do in case they hurt AB’s feelings.

Tomlin's press conference seemed like he was pretty fed up with him.

I'm more concerned right now that the OL coach is being interviewed by and could go to Denver.

dfx- wrote: »
    I'm more concerned right now that the OL coach is being interviewed by and could go to Denver.

They can have Butler no bother!!

It seems the cap hit is €6m if he is traded and not the €20m + initially touted so it’s very feasible to trade him if they can get a reasonable offer. It seems his relationship with Tomlin and certain teammates has completely broken down so maybe it’s the best thing all around.

If SF would trade picks in the first round and give Pittsburgh their second round pick I’d take it, although it’s a bit of a stretch from a SF point of view. Their offence with Garoppolo Kittle and Brown would be awesome and they still keep a first round pick. Steelers could either trade back or get Bens eventual replacement unless they think Rudolf is going to be good enough. It would also free up lots of Cap space for FA to try to give the team a bit more balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It seems the cap hit is €6m if he is traded and not the €20m + initially touted so it’s very feasible to trade him if they can get a reasonable offer. It seems his relationship with Tomlin and certain teammates has completely broken down so maybe it’s the best thing all around.

If SF would trade picks in the first round and give Pittsburgh their second round pick I’d take it. Their offence with Garoppolo Kittle and Brown would be awesome and they still keep a first round pick. Steelers could either trade back or get Bens eventual replacement unless they think Rudolf is going to be good enough. It would also free up lots of Cap space for FA to try to give the team a bit more balance.

Think you’re dreaming if you believe you’re getting that high pick for AB. He’ll be a 31 year old WR, causing a ton of drama at his current team, with one of the most expensive contracts for the position. I’d be shocked if you got more than something like a late 1st round or a high 2nd round in 2019 or a 2020 1st and to me any of those would be still over paying for him.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have AB on the 49ers but giving the #2 pick would be utter madness and I can’t see them doing that. You’d have needed to trade him 2 years ago to get that sort of pick.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Think you’re dreaming if you believe you’re getting that high pick for AB. He’ll be a 31 year old WR, causing a ton of drama at his current team, with one of the most expensive contracts for the position. I’d be shocked if you got more than something like a late 1st round or a high 2nd round in 2019 or a 2020 1st and to me any of those would be still over paying for him.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have AB on the 49ers but giving the #2 pick would be utter madness and I can’t see them doing that. You’d have needed to trade him 2 years ago to get that sort of pick.

You’re right a late first round pick or an early second pick and a later one is probably as good as we should expect. Looks like he is done in Pittsburgh anyway so we’ll know soon enough I suppose.

For an organisation that normally runs a steady, controversy free ship there has been some major bust ups between the Steelers and some great players in the past 12 months. Harrison, Bell and now AB.

For an organisation that normally runs a steady, controversy free ship there has been some major bust ups between the Steelers and some great players in the past 12 months. Harrison, Bell and now AB.

Harrison just wanted more (or any) snaps, and with Bell it was purely about money. I can understand where both were coming from and why they felt undervalued by the organisation even if they were in the wrong.

Brown is different, he has gotten the big contract and is the undisputed star of the team, he really has no reason to be throwing his toys out of the pram.

Brown is different, he has gotten the big contract and is the undisputed star of the team, he really has no reason to be throwing his toys out of the pram.

He’s throwing the toys out of the pram cause Ju Ju won MVP for the Steelers had more catches & receiving yards this season. He feels threatened so hence throwing a wobbler when the young dog shows him up a bit & takes some of his spotlight and glory away.

• Advertisement

He’s throwing the toys out of the pram cause Ju Ju won MVP for the Steelers had more catches & receiving yards this season. He feels threatened so hence throwing a wobbler when the young dog shows him up a bit & takes some of his spotlight and glory away.

I think the issues go back further but who knows what’s really going on with him he’s obviously a bit of a headcase. He was on some reality TV karaoke show the last night dressed in a hippo suit FFS. This must have been filmed during the season when the team was very much still in contention and he should have had other priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

I remember a lot of NFL teams & scouts getting grief because AB went down to the 6th round the year he was drafted.

Now, maybe Pitt get a 1st rounder for him, I don’t know, but did he dropped that far down because teams knew about him & didn’t like the mans personality & didn’t want to take the risk?

This is also the first time AB has been really challenged at WR by Juju in terms of personality (being chosen as player of the year by his teammates) and the amount of times Ben went to Juju at key times this season. The revisionism of previous stuff has to be seen in that light.

I don't think there's enough depth at WR to be immediately dumping him as last Sunday showed. Juju as no 1 WR means he'll be covered out of the game by the likes of Belichick.

There are also so many other replacements needed...

Getting rid of Joey Porter as linebackers coach, he ain’t the problem on the Defense!!

Getting rid of Joey Porter as linebackers coach, he ain’t the problem on the Defense!!

More changes expected as well. What is the status of Butlers contract I can’t find anything about it online?

The team is crying out for a clearout and a fresh start on defence.

Looking at the Baltimore LA game and think the Steelers put up 30 points on the LA defense:(

Although a good sign that Jackson isn't the second coming yet. Mayfield said last week the two of them are going to dominate the AFC North for years to come..

RB coach James Saxon after getting the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Steelers just don't like sacking head coaches do they?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Whatever about Tomlin, if Keith Butler doesn’t walk this off-season it’s a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Three head coaches in 50 years suggests no.

Advertisement