Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

52-21 against a hot Panthers team, 22-25 passing for 5TD’s for Ben in just 3 quarters. Cam sacked 5 times by the defense and the Wizard of Bos perfect in the kicking game, keep it going boys!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Was watching the updates on twitter at work last night, fantastic to read them! , shame I couldn't watch it though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Jon Bostic leads the defense in tackles so far this season with 35 on top of 2.5 sacks, for someone who was regarded as a rubbish pick up in free agency that’s not a bad return.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It really was an excellent performance in what was expected to be a tight game. Seven different TD scorers - what the offense has threatened to be for years. Every possession was a scoring possession until the 4th quarter - a long way from the Chiefs/Ravens punt-a-thon.

Sacks, an interception and a special teams turnover.

No penalties as well until Artie Burns came in. He was then benched again after a PI call straight away. I wonder if it's time to just sit him out all season.

dfx- wrote: »
    It really was an excellent performance in what was expected to be a tight game. Seven different TD scorers - what the offense has threatened to be for years. Every possession was a scoring possession until the 4th quarter - a long way from the Chiefs/Ravens punt-a-thon.

Sacks, an interception and a special teams turnover.

No penalties as well until Artie Burns came in. He was then benched again after a PI call straight away. I wonder if it's time to just sit him out all season.

Yeah poor Artie “Gets” Burns ain’t having a good season!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Was watching the updates on twitter at work last night, fantastic to read them! , shame I couldn't watch it though.

Rarely able to stay up for late games anymore with work early. Especially not thursday.
    Woke last night at about half 3 or so for some unkown reason. Switched on NFL app. 52-14:eek:. Actually had to check it a second time as i was sure it also said 13 mins remaining in the 4th and thought no way we have scored 52 in 3 quarters of football. :D
    Thought to myself "NICE" and swiftly fell back to sleep. haha

Even better news - no more is Bell showing up or isn't Bell showing up.

I think Sunday's game is a lot tougher than some people are expecting off the back of last week.

Even better news - no more is Bell showing up or isn't Bell showing up.

I think Sunday's game is a lot tougher than some people are expecting off the back of last week.

I think the Steelers will have a big point to prove on Sunday, the Jags plain embarrassed them twice last year. We’re on a good run, keep it going in Florida.

The Jaguars hold the upper hand over the Steelers 12-11 in there overall meeting record.

• Advertisement

this is looking like a carbon copy of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

this is looking like a carbon copy of last year.

Famous last words :pac:

I still dont know how we won that game and i watched the highlights again this morning.

There have been some dreadfully close recovery wins in the last year, this one is the ugliest.

Even the final drive and final play wasn't smooth with drops, botched options, one of the Offensive Line getting in the way of Ben's dive more than the tackler and an INT. Defense struggled to stop the run, but only gave up one TD and got it together in the 4th quarter.

But you don't get extra style points...

It's also great that amongst all his INTs against them and a very noisy Jag defense for the last 12 months, Ben strikes the final killer blow himself.

There have been some dreadfully close recovery wins in the last year, this one is the ugliest.

Even the final drive and final play wasn't smooth with drops, botched options and an INT. Defense kept the score down, but they seemed not to stop the run early on and they were running every single time.

But you don't get extra style points...

Take a win any day, ugly or not!! Ben done his best to lose & win in the one game.

OOnegative wrote: »
    Take a win any day, ugly or not!! Ben done his best to lose & win in the one game.

The Conner drop on his way into the endzone was absolutely criminal. You gotta catch those. Especially in these games where the offence is struggling to get something going.
    The Jags just seem to have our number. Luckily enough its unlikely they will make the playoffs and really bar the Chiefs id fancy our chances against most other opponents on any given day. Even the Chiefs apart from earlier this year we can normally get one over on them.

The schedule is rough enough though. I could see all the remaining games go either way bar Oakland be disappointing if we couldnt do a number on them even on the road. The Ravens beating the Bengals was also a nice result to give us that 2.5 game cushion.
    Realistically another 3 wins would surely see us top the division. 3-3 is hardly that much to ask for :D

Next three games, @Denver, vs Chargers and @Raiders are three we should be winning next two vs Patriots and @Saints could go anyway. Actually fear if the Saints continue on there current vein of form they could give us a whooping!!

Its never that easy to go to Denver and play mile high i wouldnt be so confident tbh. The bookies currently have us 3.5 point favorites. 1 thing is for sure the heavy hitters will smash that. It has to go off under a field goal with Denver at home.

Chargers also are a really good team but hopefully at home we can take them.
    Oakland should be straightforward alright.

Id be happy if we could win 2 of them games being realistic.

Id be hoping we could be in bonus territory by the time the saints come around and just playing for home field advantage in the playoffs. :D At the moment id find it hard to see how we win that game on the road.

Just had a look at some previous results there and i know its different season to season. But i am just weary that Denver in Denver is a bit of an outlier with the altitude etc...

In any case we are 11-19-1 vs the Broncos since 1970
    Just including road games we are 5-12-1 so pretty brutal record historically.
    Even since 2003 we are 2-5-0 against them in Denver.

I love your confidence but im gonna wait until Sunday haha :D

I don't think a bye is possible. Chiefs are too far ahead and the Patriots have soft games against the Bills, Dolphins and Jets to go.

We have a better record than the Ravens against Carolina, Cleveland and possibly Cincinatti. They also have to face Chiefs and Chargers to come and there's a 2.5 game head start. Win in Denver and we're nearly there. But there's a lot easier places than Denver to go.

Then Chargers, Patriots and especially the Saints are bonus games. I'd love to have everything wrapped up and just take a shot at New Orleans if the offense fired. It could end up 100 all:pac:

• Advertisement

Boswell the new QB!

Followed by a 97 yard touchdown.

D'oh. Should have won that.

D'oh. Should have won that.

For sure.

Denver remains such a tough place to go.

Missed last nights game, over 500 yards in offense and we still lose!!! 5 INTS from Ben in past two weeks is way to many. My confidence for the win proved wrong, tough game next against a hot Chargers.

Hugely frustrating and costly defeat to play well yet be terrible at the same time. Fumbles, drops, turnovers, trick plays, penalties.

Could've been within 0.5 games of the Chiefs and killed off the division.

I watched a fair bit of the game again today when i had a chance. Disappointing probably wouldn't do it justice. We absolutely bottled that one the turnovers were a killer. Their defense was good but the Connor fumble and interception at the end were just down to bad plays by us.

I knew it would be a tough one to win. Anyway onwards and upwards to another difficult game next weekend against the chargers. I guess Melvin Gordon being most likely out is a big bonus hopefully that she be enough to see that one swing in our favor back in Heinz Field.

https://es.pn/2AxRnou

Jeez keep $hit like this in house, a man of his experience should know a lot better.

• Advertisement

ugh.

Advertisement