Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

The Good Doctor - [ABC] - *Spoilers*

• 26-09-2017 12:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Nody

**Warning the trailer above contains multiple episode 1 spoilers**

Episode one is a must watch for anyone who liked House and similar shows; so far I'm greatly impressed and think it can go places.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭ mel.b

I had been looking forward to this one and it has lived up to my expectations. It was excellent and i hope the standard continues.

The flashbacks to his childhood were heartbreaking and I liked the way they tried to convey the sensory difficulties that some people with Autism can have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭ Kuva

House you say, SOLD!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 54,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mr E

No rabbits were harmed in the making of this show.

Great pilot - hope it does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭ The Moleman

I really enjoyed the first episode.

A very interesting "patient of the week" conundrum and fantastic performances from Highmore and Schiff.

As the medical problem was resolved, I was left wondering just how life the premise could actually have. Then the last few minutes hit like a bus and I'm hooked. I hope Netflix have (or will) grab the rights to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,593 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Freddie is great one of the best actors on tv at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75,026 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

Sky Living has picked it up over here and looks to be airing soon

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭ The Moleman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I saw that the other day a few minutes after posting that I hoped it will be Netflix as one of their "originals", like Designated Survivor.

I don't think I've seen any show that airs first on a Sky channel come to Netflix. Do Sky buy rights that cover a airing show for years after it debuts?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 54,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 43,449 ✭✭✭✭ Basq

Watched the first episode and was good in a "roll-your-eyes-House-sorta-way"..

shard of glass in the blood stream

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭ Kuva

Basq wrote: »
    Watched the first episode and was good in a "roll-your-eyes-House-sorta-way"..

shard of glass in the blood stream

:rolleyes:
    Outta curiosity, spoiler etc

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-if-a-broken-piece-of-glass-or-needle-travels-through-the-vein-does-it-rip-through

• Advertisement

Surgery on a transplanted Liver on the back of police car :)

So far fetched but so deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,723 ✭✭✭✭ bnt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It's starting on Sky Living on 27 October, 9PM. (Or 10PM on +1.)
    I like the look of this too. It's actually a remake of a Korean series which only lasted one season there.

Parvi enim sunt foris arma, nisi est consilium domi.

I see The Good Doctor has knocked The Big Bang Theory off its ratings perch. Great stuff. :)

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-good-doctor-knocks-big-bang-theory-off-its-mighty-ratings-perch-20171024

18.2m viewers.

This a really fun show.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,449 ✭✭✭✭ Basq

^ It's basically House but with less biting humour from the lead.. but yeah, it's very solid!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ BeginAgain

bnt wrote: »
    It's starting on Sky Living on 27 October, 9PM. (Or 10PM on +1.)
    I like the look of this too. It's actually a remake of a which only lasted one season there.

Korean drama rarely do second series. They prefer to run one off drama series for 12-24 episodes, some family and melodrama shows are 50 episodes.

Another really good episode for the mid season finale and really impressed with the show as a whole.

Starsky and Hutch :)

Freddie Highmore really is an amazing actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,898 ✭✭✭✭ gmisk

I am up to episode 14...still really liking it...but I have to say the new Dr reznik character is painful...a totally useless actress

A really good series with a good finale I'm glad it renewed and didn't end on that cliffhanger.

For me thought this show is all about is what an amazing actor Freddie Highmore is.

• Advertisement

Lea will be returning for season 2 as a regular delight with that like Shawn I had a bit of a crush on her.

Season 2 trailer.

Stated back last night and ya Lea is back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ Luminious

Season 2 Starts Tuesday October 9th on Sky Witness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ letsgo2018

Is this worth watching

Threads merged.

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Is this worth watching

Yeah it was one of the highest rated network shows during it's first season. Try one episode and see what you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭ 2smiggy

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Is this worth watching

Having seen the first season I would definitely recommend it. It's not like House as such, but does sort of follow a different hospital case/story each week while advancing the main story at the same time. Can't wait myself to start season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 26,898 ✭✭✭✭ gmisk

Just watched first episode of season 2, really solid and interesting as usual.

• Advertisement

Really enjoying season 2 again Freddie is a complete standout again and the rest of the cast built around him are great.

Just saw that Richard Schiff's nurse/love interest on the show is real life wife.

Advertisement