Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Good Doctor - [ABC] - *Spoilers*

• 26-09-2017 1:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭

**Warning the trailer above contains multiple episode 1 spoilers**

Episode one is a must watch for anyone who liked House and similar shows; so far I'm greatly impressed and think it can go places.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I had been looking forward to this one and it has lived up to my expectations. It was excellent and i hope the standard continues.

The flashbacks to his childhood were heartbreaking and I liked the way they tried to convey the sensory difficulties that some people with Autism can have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

House you say, SOLD!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No rabbits were harmed in the making of this show.

Great pilot - hope it does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

I really enjoyed the first episode.

A very interesting "patient of the week" conundrum and fantastic performances from Highmore and Schiff.

As the medical problem was resolved, I was left wondering just how life the premise could actually have. Then the last few minutes hit like a bus and I'm hooked. I hope Netflix have (or will) grab the rights to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Freddie is great one of the best actors on tv at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,967 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sky Living has picked it up over here and looks to be airing soon

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I saw that the other day a few minutes after posting that I hoped it will be Netflix as one of their "originals", like Designated Survivor.

I don't think I've seen any show that airs first on a Sky channel come to Netflix. Do Sky buy rights that cover a airing show for years after it debuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched the first episode and was good in a "roll-your-eyes-House-sorta-way"..

shard of glass in the blood stream

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Basq wrote: »
    Watched the first episode and was good in a "roll-your-eyes-House-sorta-way"..

shard of glass in the blood stream

:rolleyes:
    Outta curiosity, spoiler etc

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-if-a-broken-piece-of-glass-or-needle-travels-through-the-vein-does-it-rip-through

• Advertisement

Surgery on a transplanted Liver on the back of police car :)

So far fetched but so deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It's starting on Sky Living on 27 October, 9PM. (Or 10PM on +1.)
    I like the look of this too. It's actually a remake of a Korean series which only lasted one season there.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I see The Good Doctor has knocked The Big Bang Theory off its ratings perch. Great stuff. :)

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-good-doctor-knocks-big-bang-theory-off-its-mighty-ratings-perch-20171024

18.2m viewers.

This a really fun show.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ It's basically House but with less biting humour from the lead.. but yeah, it's very solid!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BeginAgain

bnt wrote: »
    It's starting on Sky Living on 27 October, 9PM. (Or 10PM on +1.)
    I like the look of this too. It's actually a remake of a which only lasted one season there.

Korean drama rarely do second series. They prefer to run one off drama series for 12-24 episodes, some family and melodrama shows are 50 episodes.

Another really good episode for the mid season finale and really impressed with the show as a whole.

Starsky and Hutch :)

Freddie Highmore really is an amazing actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am up to episode 14...still really liking it...but I have to say the new Dr reznik character is painful...a totally useless actress

A really good series with a good finale I'm glad it renewed and didn't end on that cliffhanger.

For me thought this show is all about is what an amazing actor Freddie Highmore is.

• Advertisement

Lea will be returning for season 2 as a regular delight with that like Shawn I had a bit of a crush on her.

Season 2 trailer.

Stated back last night and ya Lea is back :)

Season 2 Starts Tuesday October 9th on Sky Witness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Is this worth watching

Threads merged.

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Is this worth watching

Yeah it was one of the highest rated network shows during it's first season. Try one episode and see what you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Is this worth watching

Having seen the first season I would definitely recommend it. It's not like House as such, but does sort of follow a different hospital case/story each week while advancing the main story at the same time. Can't wait myself to start season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just watched first episode of season 2, really solid and interesting as usual.

• Advertisement

Really enjoying season 2 again Freddie is a complete standout again and the rest of the cast built around him are great.

Just saw that Richard Schiff's nurse/love interest on the show is real life wife.

Advertisement