Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father John Misty - Vicar Street May 28th 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

The amount of absolute bedwetters on this forum cryarsing about people talking at gigs. Maybe live
    Events aren’t for you, or if they are, maybe Rent a tuxedo and head off to catch the ballet or an orchestra or some ****....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What's the next gig you're going to Halloween Jack?

I'll give it a miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Birneybau wrote: »
    What's the next gig you're going to Halloween Jack?

I'll give it a miss

Give them all a miss, buy the blu ray instead so you can watch them undisturbed in silence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Fantastic gig lads. He's both flamboyant and understated at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

The amount of absolute bedwetters on this forum cryarsing about people talking at gigs. Maybe live
    Events aren’t for you, or if they are, maybe Rent a tuxedo and head off to catch the ballet or an orchestra or some ****....
    You must be one of those. We go to listen to the artist perform not hear idiots shout to their chums. Just stay in the bar or better still do not go and let the genuine music fans enjoy the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

If you go to a gig and talk all the way through maybe live events aren't for you.

People paid to hear the gig, to listen to the performer. Not to listen to someone beside them talking about how they hate their boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Who's been the support the last 2 nights and were they worth catching?

Some British guy, definitely not worth catching, seems like a bit of a has-been. Awful lyrics and execution with a knack for pointlessly slipping brand names or cultural icons into the songs even if it doesn't fit the sentence. But hey, he got to rhyme "not much of a talker" with "Johnny Walker".

I felt like I was watching a separate timeline for Charlie from Lost where his career never took off and he never got on that plane. Somehow he gets to tour with FJM. Maybe he's some kind of comedy cringe act and I just didn't get it? Post-post-modernist irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

grindle wrote: »
    Some British guy, definitely not worth catching, seems like a bit of a has-been. Awful lyrics and execution with a knack for pointlessly slipping brand names or cultural icons into the songs even if it doesn't fit the sentence. But hey, he got to rhyme "not much of a talker" with "Johnny Walker".

I felt like I was watching a separate timeline for Charlie from Lost where his career never took off and he never got on that plane. Somehow he gets to tour with FJM. Maybe he's some kind of comedy cringe act and I just didn't get it? Post-post-modernist irony.

I completely agree. He was dreadful. If you saw the David Brent film ( follow up to the office) where Brent goes on tour with a band;
    It was a bit like that.
    Hackneyed, clichéd etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

enhanced-buzz-19716-1355981347-0.jpg

Dead ringer.

Advertisement