Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 18 - Switch Edition (Discussion)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked this up today and played my 1st match online there.

Ok 1st thing 1st it's Notting like the console fifa games it's more arcade based then say the Xbox one version of the game.

With regards to arcade it reminds me of another games from the PSP called world tour soccer the 1st football game for that console where it was all about winning on points and goals. It plays the very same as that and to me that's a very good thing as I used to love that game on the PSP.

My play style on this is going to be completely different then the consoles it will be more of a short pass pass shot game.

I think I well end up lieking it more once I play more online as I went in expecting a different kind of fifa that's what I got and I am happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Picked this up today and played my 1st match online there.

Ok 1st thing 1st it's Notting like the console fifa games it's more arcade based then say the Xbox one version of the game.

With regards to arcade it reminds me of another games from the PSP called world tour soccer the 1st football game for that console where it was all about winning on points and goals. It plays the very same as that and to me that's a very good thing as I used to love that game on the PSP.

My play style on this is going to be completely different then the consoles it will be more of a short pass pass shot game.

I think I well end up lieking it more once I play more online as I went in expecting a different kind of fifa that's what I got and I am happy with it.

It's a great game. It's by no means perfect but it's very enjoyable. Especially local multiplayer. Right now it's my 2nd most played game on Switch. Zelda still miles in front. I fear Mario might bump it down to 3rd though.

Played 5 matches so far on UT online and I am enjoying it quite a lot plays just like world tour soccer on the PSP and I am really liking this fifa.

Only issue I am seeing with UT is that players are hard to get and to win bids on as there is such a small transfer market also thanks to that contracts and fitness items cost a lot to. So your near 500 gold coins a game means you he in luck to get even contacts out of it

I do love UT but EA games and your pay to win drives me nuts ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Anyone else having trouble connecting to online games?
    Opponent found and then connection lost?

Just wondering if it's my connection or a common server problem.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dave0JV

I bought it a few weeks ago and I have to say I'm actually really impressed with it. Given that the switch is, after all, a portable console and doesn't have the same power as the average Xbox or PlayStation I think that they've done really well to create a version of FIFA that plays so well on it.

Yes, the graphics aren't as good as on the next gen consoles, but that's not exactly unexpected. The gameplay is a little more clunky as a result of the different game engines but not as far removed as I've read in other places. Despite these I think it's a great start for EA!

• Advertisement

Anyone else having trouble connecting to online games?
    Opponent found and then connection lost?

Just wondering if it's my connection or a common server problem.
    thanks

Played a few matches yesterday. First match took over a minute to find someone to play against. After that all the other games took about 10 seconds or so.

Dave0JV wrote: »
    I bought it a few weeks ago and I have to say I'm actually really impressed with it. Given that the switch is, after all, a portable console and doesn't have the same power as the average Xbox or PlayStation I think that they've done really well to create a version of FIFA that plays so well on it.

Yes, the graphics aren't as good as on the next gen consoles, but that's not exactly unexpected. The gameplay is a little more clunky as a result of the different game engines but not as far removed as I've read in other places. Despite these I think it's a great start for EA!

I went in the same as you don't expect fifa ps4 expect fifa switch that's what I got I am extremely happy with it and now enjoyable it is prob now one of the must fun games I have played on the switch.

To be fair the switch has been fantastic a real great 1st year for the console as there has been some fantastic games for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Patch
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/326855/switch-fifa-18-title-update

No mention of fixing the "commentators lying about you winning the league" issue but still good to see there's some after sales support

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

This game drives me nuts. My team has won whatever european cup we were in and the last 6 league games by massive margins, I've been man of the match in every game I've ever played, got 1 competitive call-up for Ireland in which I scored 3 goals and set up another 4. And the bastards haven't picked me for the national side since (which cost us qualification). Why, O'Neill??? WHY??? Why am I destined to remain in the basement minding the bees with Wes Hoolahan???

That said, either I'm a born master of this game, it's too easy or they have no respect for the SSE Airtricity league :D

Banjo wrote: »
    This game drives me nuts. My team has won whatever european cup we were in and the last 6 league games by massive margins, I've been man of the match in every game I've ever played, got 1 competitive call-up for Ireland in which I scored 3 goals and set up another 4. And the bastards haven't picked me for the national side since (which cost us qualification). Why, O'Neill??? WHY??? Why am I destined to remain in the basement minding the bees with Wes Hoolahan???

That said, either I'm a born master of this game, it's too easy or they have no respect for the SSE Airtricity league :D

Are you playing in the hardest mode? If so, I applaud you. I'm the right level of crap at this game that its realistic. Currently 10th in the league with Everton and having great fun with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Worst for me is that I got a transfer to Derby and we've now won the league, I scored 50+ league goals and i'm single-handedly dragging Ireland to the World Cup........ but I can't get a transfer! I've handed in a transfer request but nobody will buy me.

My contract seems to be a permanent one because i've been on £950 a week since the day I signed. I'm now a 90+ rated player and i'm STILL on £950 p/w. There are no details to tell me when my contract ends so I assume it never does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Anyone got defending tips?

Feels like Attackers have some sort of invisible circular wall around them and every time you go to tackle (on feet tackle) you just bounce off the wall and can’t get actually close enough to tackle?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Anyone got defending tips?

Feels like Attackers have some sort of invisible circular wall around them and every time you go to tackle (on feet tackle) you just bounce off the wall and can’t get actually close enough to tackle?

In general play,
    What works for me is keeping my team's shape as much as possible then jockeying until there's 2 defenders vs 1 attacker. Or the attacker is forced to make an awkward. I find just lunging in or hitting the intercept button almost always ends with my defender being beaten. It's best to wait the moment and anticipate better. If that option is not there then foul the player. :P

As for corners and set pieces,
    Haven't a fooking clue. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Whats the general consensus on this? Have the PS4 version and got fed up of FUT after a few weeks, am playing PES 2018 on PC now but ML not what it used to be i'm finding. Is this basically the PS4 version lite? Or is it different, plays differently?

Whats the general consensus on this? Have the PS4 version and got fed up of FUT after a few weeks, am playing PES 2018 on PC now but ML not what it used to be i'm finding. Is this basically the PS4 version lite? Or is it different, plays differently?

Haven't played this year's versions on other consoles. But I've played fifa 15, 16 and 17 on Xbox. This plays very similar to last year's Xbox version. But there are some sacrifices made.
    There's no story mode. This didn't bother me much as the story was short in last year's game and has no repeatability appeal.
    The big difference is not being able to play friends online. Only possible to play randomers.
    On the flip side, you can bring this anywhere and play people at work/ train/ plane etc.

Personally I'm a big fan of it. I play mostly career mode in these games so I'm loving being able to play it anywhere I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Hey FIFA Fans,

The latest title update for FIFA 18 is now available.

This update includes the following changes:

Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
    • The FIFA Trainer Shot Elevation arrow was resetting its extension after shooting the ball.
    • The FIFA Trainer Pass Receiver indicator not correctly showing the player getting the ball on short passes.
    • Discrepancy between the two kicking power bars, the one above the goalkeeper and the one on the gameplay HUD, when taking a goal kick.
    • Smoothed out the movement of the Set Piece Target indicator.
    • Loss of controller functionality during the halftime flow if the Joy-Con controllers are changed from Handheld mode to Tabletop mode.
    • The kicking power bar did not reset if the player changed the Joy-Con controllers from Handheld mode to Tabletop mode.
    • The Approach Speed buttons were being displayed on the Penalty Kick Tutorial screen when using the Joy-Con controller in Solo mode.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
    • Squad Building Challenge Reward items being incorrectly tagged as Loan items in some situations.
    • Missing pack art on Premium Gold Packs in some situations.

Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
    • A crash in Local Seasons if the player quickly re-enters the mode after quitting out of a Local Seasons match.
    • Players always having the same country flag as you when in the Compare Stats screen on the Online Leaderboards.
    • Debug text on a matchmaking error message.
    • Made the text on the Settings tile in Local Seasons easier to see.

Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
    • A freeze when proceeding into the second Pre-Season Tournament match in certain situations.
    • Incorrectly loading a Player Career save file when selecting 'Continue Manager Career" if the player skipped the initial save file creation flow.
    • Penalty shootout results were not showing on the Tournament Tree when playing the game in some languages.
    • Debug text on the My Career screen if you get fired from the MLS and take a job in a league that starts their season in July.
    • Banners missing from the North America All-Stars Pre-Season Tournament.

Made the following changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
    • Updates to a number of crests and kits.

Addressed the following issues Audio / Visual / Presentation:

• The numbers and names on kits were not getting dirty after performing a slide tackle.
    • Corrections to some of the localized Trophy names.
    • The Live Form arrows were overlapping player stats on the Team Management screens in some languages.

Thanks to those who’ve provided feedback. Throughout the course of the FIFA 18 season we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

The FIFA Team

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/NINTENDO-SWITCH-TITLE-UPDATE-6TH-DECEMBER/m-p/6490431/highlight/true#M25473

Career mode is still single player yes?
    Think I could be scooping this up for Xmas

Advertisement